Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE & Chris Russell twitter: Redskins sign OL Tyler Polumbus

authentic

Russellmania980

The #Redskins have reached into Shanny's past, OL Tyler Polumbus, a draft pick in Denver,last of Seattle is in Burgundy and Gold

-There you go... for those who where crying that we haven't addressed the Oline in recent signings...

---------------------

ES Staff appended edit:

For Immediate Release

Nov. 9, 2011

REDSKINS SIGN T TYLER POLUMBUS;

ADD TE FENDI ONOBUN TO PRACTICE SQUAD

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed tackle Tyler Polumbus. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. They also signed tight end Fendi Onobun to their practice squad.

Polumbus (6-8, 300) was originally signed by the Denver Broncos as a college free agent on April 28, 2008. He was waived by the Broncos on Aug. 24, 2010 before being claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions on Aug. 26. Polumbus was traded to the Seattle Seahawks on Aug. 31, 2010 for an undisclosed draft choice. He was released by the Seahawks on Oct. 25, 2011. Polumbus has appeared in 51 games with 15 starts during his career.

In 2011, Polumbus has appeared in five games, all with the Seahawks. He played in 14 games with seven starts for the Seahawks in 2010, ending the season as the starting left guard.

During his two years with the Broncos, Polumbus played in 31 of a possible 32 games. In 2009, he played in 15 games, starting at right tackle in eight of the Broncos last nine games. As a rookie, he appeared in all 16 games, while being one of three college free agents to make the team’s opening game roster and one of five rookies to see time in every game for the Broncos.

Polumbus, 26, played collegiately at Colorado where he appeared in 43 games with 28 starts. As a senior, he started in 13 games and earned second-team All-Big 12 Conference honors after allowing one sack.

Polumbus was born on April 10, 1985, in Denver. He attended Cherry Creek (Colo.) High School where he earned SuperPrep All-America honors and first-team all-state recognition from the Denver Post as a senior.

Onobun (6-6, 249) is in his second NFL season after having been originally selected by the St. Louis Rams as a sixth-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft (170th overall). The tight end has played in three career games, catching two passes for a total of 15 yards.

Onobun, 24, played one season of college football, appearing in 11 games and catching two passes for 33 yards as a fifth-year senior at Houston in 2009. From 2005-09, Onobun played in 81 games as a member of the men’s basketball team at Arizona, where he scored 143 points and collected 95 rebounds in four seasons. He served as a team captain for the 2009 team that qualified for the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament.

Born on Nov. 17, 1986, Onobun attended Alief Taylor High School in Houston, where he was a three-year letter winner in basketball and an honor roll student. During his prep career, he was ranked as the No. 13 small forward prospect in the nation by Rivals.com.

I'm surprised Olsen isn't getting a looksie since he was one of MS's players back in Denver. Especially since Cook came in and was underwhelming at C.

With the OC generally being responsible for all of the line calls and adjustments there has probably just been too much mentally to get him active. With all of the new bodies on the line the past couple of weeks it is even more important to be getting those calls correct. Now that Monty is back at center I don't see any reason not to just leave him on the PS to learn the offense.

per rotoworld...

Redskins signed OT Tyler Polumbus, formerly of the Seahawks.

This one has Mike Shanahan's fingerprints all over it. Polumbus was a pet project of of Shanny's in Denver after going undrafted out of Colorado in 2008. He has tremendous size, but the problem is Polumbus can't play. He's annually graded out as one of the league's worst tackles. There's no signs of life from this Redskins' offense.

Dont get too excited apparently

Hope the fans that ask for Oline are happy. What they don't understand is there is no great OLine guy out there for us to pick up. So we can't add one just for sake of adding one. I am tire of seeing posts " we need to add Oline". I am willing to bet this guy won't last til end of the season with us.

Hope the fans that ask for Oline are happy. What they don't understand is there is no great OLine guy out there for us to pick up. So we can't add one just for sake of adding one. I am tire of seeing posts " we need to add Oline". I am willing to bet this guy won't last til end of the season with us.
That's not necessarily true. For example: LINK

What have we got to lose at this point?

Yes, it does. It matters to Beck. If this guy is a scrub, poor Beck will running for his life, instead of his normal checking down. LOL!!! :ols:

He's not coming in to start... most likely just a practice player and depth at positions. I doubt he ever sees the playing field and Id be willing to bet he's cut within a few weeks. Redskins Park is a merry-go-round

Apparently Polumbus has shown the league that he's just not good. Unfortunately, this means the Brandyn Thompson has to be waived and thus unable to show the league (or fanbase) if he can play.

If I remember from what I read, he was drafted by Denver, so has a passing idea of how to play in Shannahan's OL, also played in Seattle who also uses a similar blocking scheme, so at the least he should be able to come in and help fairly quickly.

He may not be a starter but linemen need breaks during the game or they wear out.

OK from the WP

Polumbus, a fourth-year veteran, can play both left and right tackle. He got his start in the NFL as an undrafted rookie with the Mike Shanahan-led Denver Broncos in 2008.

The 6-foot-8, 300-pound Polumbus appeared in 16 games as a rookie and 15 in 2009, starting eight of them. From there, Polumbus went to Seattle, playing in another zone-blocking scheme, and started seven of 15 games. He appeared in five games as a backup this season before he was cut.

another point, don't we play Seattle in a couple weeks? Intel on their plays?

Archived