Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: IGN 10/10 "Ocarina of Time has met it's match."

Sticksboi05

i've been using a tracking web site for several days now to try to get the bundle. finally got the "in stock" sign, but it sold out in 1 minute....i was there w/ in 5 seconds. same thing happened 10 minutes later. then, after an hour of refresh on amazon and zoolert, the amazon one was in stock. it never showed on zoolert...but i quickly snatched it and got free shipping!

congrats on getting a bundle so late. I was ecstatic when I walked into gamestop a week after it came out and snagged their last copy (after having searched for it for a week), which apparently they didn't have on their shelf very long before I took it. The controller is beautiful.

also, I don't think anybody's talked about it, but the music CD is great. For some reason I think of Danny Elfman when I listen to it. They don't feel like "video game music", as much as powerful orchestral pieces. A really nice touch to celebrate 25 years of Zelda.

Hmmm...

I loved Link to the Past and have memories of playing the first two...

Ocarina of Time was OK, but what really turned me off was the missing Legend of Zelda theme...

Hearing it in Skyward Sword via Youtube was pretty awesome...

I used to be a huge Final Fantasy nut, but I don't play video games anymore.

However, I find myself continuing to follow the Legend of Zelda universe through Youtube and Wikipedia... Final Fantasy, I don't even care anymore.

For some reasons, creating these correlations between games is pretty awesome...

When you find out the relationship between Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger, tha tactually sent chils down my spine.

Speaking of which, will they ever make another chrono game?

It wouldn't be the first time a Japanese producer was wrong about Zelda's timeline. I'll take his word for it, but it certainly seems like Skyward is taking place after. Maybe it's just before though.

Not that I don't believe you, but which producers have been wrong about their own games?

alright, I just finished the game. I am putting Skyward Sword above OoT now. The boss fights at the end are epic, and make up for the relative linearity compared to OoT. I'd say it's also got the best story within itself of the series not to mention how much it reveals of the overall series' story. The game truly is a masterpiece. Roger Ebert, you can suck it; this game is art.

Archived