Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: IGN 10/10 "Ocarina of Time has met it's match."

Sticksboi05

Although the same game, the additions (although minor in most respects) made for a different game and a better experience IMO. Using the motion control was great. Plus the game just felt more fluid. But you are right. For all intents and purposes, it was (and always will be) and GC original.

honestly, I wasn't a fan of the sword motion controls in Twilight Princess. As much as I hate when people use this term, they truly were waggle controls. the gamecube controller was more natural for me and I had greater control over the sword movements on that controller (you can actually do a little more with the sword than they ever tell you. pressing a direction as you attack will actually affect the direction of your attack).

to be fair, though, I hadn't played much of Wii TP. I only borrowed it from a friend so that I could hack my Wii when the Twilight Hack was all that was out there. One thing the Wii version did have over the GCN version, though, was widescreen. such a shame they didn't have a widescreen mode for the GCN version (but at least they had progressive scan).

honestly, I wasn't a fan of the sword motion controls in Twilight Princess. As much as I hate when people use this term, they truly were waggle controls. the gamecube controller was more natural for me and I had greater control over the sword movements on that controller (you can actually do a little more with the sword than they ever tell you. pressing a direction as you attack will actually affect the direction of your attack).

to be fair, though, I hadn't played much of Wii TP. I only borrowed it from a friend so that I could hack my Wii when the Twilight Hack was all that was out there. One thing the Wii version did have over the GCN version, though, was widescreen. such a shame they didn't have a widescreen mode for the GCN version (but at least they had progressive scan).

Hell, even with the N64's controller you could fully control Link's movements and motions. But the Wii controller enabled you to feel as if you were actually doing it.

For the record, I am not a big fan of the Wii. It's far too gimmicky. (And yes, I realize the irony in me praising the controller in TP).

Hell, even with the N64's controller you could fully control Link's movements and motions. But the Wii controller enabled you to feel as if you were actually doing it.

For the record, I am not a big fan of the Wii. It's far too gimmicky. (And yes, I realize the irony in me praising the controller in TP).

there's a bit more in twilight princess. You can slice while dodging to the side. also, a big one is that you can finish a roll with a sword-strike. it's as strong as the leaping strike but you can't do it while locked on and it closes the distance even more.

I too am in the camp of people who have only kept their Wii for this game.

I absolutely love Zelda. OoT is easily one of the top 5 greatest games of all time. Twilight Princess is certainly the best Wii game to date. Very excited to play this one.

Not even close. Best Wii games are Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 in a landslide.

Not even close. Best Wii games are Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 in a landslide.

Mario Galaxy was a great game. Closest Mario game to Mario 64 in fact, in terms of value and entertainment. This list of course is all consoles post Nintento and SNES, as I still think Super Mario Bros 3 (Nintendo) and Super Mario Bros (SNES) are right up there as well. But come on? Trying to compare essentially running on a ball to riding a horse while shooting, all trying to protect the destruction of a horse and carriage? No contest.

---------- Post added November-8th-2011 at 04:06 PM ----------

mario kart for wii is one of the best also IMO. the controller and nunchuck are perfect for driving, very exact controls

I actualyl preferred Mario Kart 64. The one for the Wii is indeed VERY good. But they went too far with the weapons IMO. Mario Kart 64 was simple yet unbelievably addictive.

There is no way you can look with a straight face and tell me Twilight Princess is a superior video game to either Mario Galaxy. Graphics are inferior, gameplay is less refined, there's no multiplayer aspect at all. It's not even close.

Best SNES game between Chrono Trigger, SMW and ALTTP is close. This is not close.

I actualyl preferred Mario Kart 64. The one for the Wii is indeed VERY good. But they went too far with the weapons IMO. Mario Kart 64 was simple yet unbelievably addictive.

I just meant it was one of the best wii games. 64 kart is still my favorite of the kart series, though the SNES, GC, and wii versions are all very good too

to each his own. mario galaxy, imo, was extremely repetitive and it actually made my head hurt. lol

I mean that's one thing but no game has been better designed graphically or physically for the Wii. Everything the Wii was supposed to be able to do is showcased on Galaxy/2 except for the MotionPlus tomfoolery which should've been standard.

I want to try this. I have a Wii but aside from Sports Resort and Wii Fit, I mainly just download N64 games. I started new games of Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time about a month ago, I just wish I had more time to play. I've been wanting to download Banjo Kazooie for a while too.

But yeah this Zelda game looks pretty good, I just have strong doubts that anything will top OoT.

There is no way you can look with a straight face and tell me Twilight Princess is a superior video game to either Mario Galaxy. Graphics are inferior, gameplay is less refined, there's no multiplayer aspect at all. It's not even close.

Best SNES game between Chrono Trigger, SMW and ALTTP is close. This is not close.

Zelda and Mario aren't really comparable. Mario's all about levels and spurts of fun while Zelda wants to make you feel a part of another world. Mario's graphics are better, but the art styling of Zelda made that a given considering Wii's power. What's more confusing to me is how you can actually downgrade Zelda for not having a multiplayer mode! That's not what 3d Zelda's about at all.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p3.html

Game of the Year - easily.

---------- Post added November-12th-2011 at 01:24 PM ----------

Zelda and Mario aren't really comparable. Mario's all about levels and spurts of fun while Zelda wants to make you feel a part of another world. Mario's graphics are better, but the art styling of Zelda made that a given considering Wii's power. What's more confusing to me is how you can actually downgrade Zelda for not having a multiplayer mode! That's not what 3d Zelda's about at all.

Yeah, the multiplayer isn't really supposed to be a knock on Zelda, but more a boost for Mario. In this case, Zelda's GPA doesn't go down, but Mario's goes up.

Epic final boss theme (BTW, I've heard something if this is played backwards, but I don't know how to do it)

x-TdqKuCaWs

I gotta play OoT, MM, WW, and TP (for my bunghole :beavisnbutthead: ) first.

Dammit, I don't want puzzles, I wana hack and slash.

Archived