Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Beck: Our Franchise QB ...

Atlanta Skins Fan

I'm telling ya . . . Beck is gonna surprise. And make the Shanahan's look like geniuses for trading for him by the end of the year. Trent Green Part Two.

If Beck is Trent Green II, then three things need to happen immediately:

1. Mike Shanahan should get inducted into the Hall of Fame as an active coach in 2012.
  2. By presidential order, scientists should clone and sequence Mike Shanahan's DNA, sterilize all American males, and spend the next decade inseminating all fertile females with Shanahan's ball plays.
  3. ASF should be permanently confined to being Mike Shanahan's personal ball washer on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and John Beck's personal ball washer on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Listen, if we were to condemn rookies quarterbacks on such a small sampling like people do with Beck, then that means guys like Aikman, Manning, Farve should have all sucked. Their rookies years were disastrous.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2011 at 09:16 PM ----------

If Beck is Trent Green II, then three things need happen immediately:

1. Mike Shanahan should get inducted into the Hall of Fame as an active coach in 2012.
  2. By presidential order, scientists should clone and sequence Mike Shanahan's DNA, sterilize all American males, and spend the next decade inseminating all fertile females with Shanahan's ball plays.
  3. ASF should be permanently confined to being Mike Shanahan's personal ball washer on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and John Beck's personal ball washer on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Get your cloths together.

:ols:

Trent Green, sat for three for years behind Shuler and Ferrotte. Bided his time. Sat in the shadows of the supposed "Great To Be" Heath Shuler. Not. The then surprising Ferrotte. Got his moment and shined. He got progressively better as the season progressed, and then we lost him to St. Louis. This seems eerily similar. The difference, the Shanahan's are high on Beck. Just ASF isn't. I will go with the Shanahans. Can't get better if you don't play. Just sayin.

Out of curiosity, who are you thinking of?

Jason Campbell, but what difference does it make?

Jason Campbell in 2009 had the best statistical year of his career playing under far worse circumstances then Rex Grossman this year.

^^It might be hard for you to comprehend because its an actual fact not a spurious fabrication.

But what differnce does it make who the QB was anyway?

Unless of course you want to shift the focus of my post and use Campbell as a diversion to change the topic from your blatant blameshifting of Rex's near league worst QB play?

...Beck has done literally 0 to earn the benefit of the doubt over Grossman.
Most of us aren't in doubt about Rex. That case is closed.

Rex set the bar so low, Beck would have to do the Limbo to get under it.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2011 at 10:12 PM ----------

I think there's better than a 50/50 chance that Beck will turn out to be our franchise QB for the next five or six years. Even if that happens, Mike Shanahan's reputation will always be tainted by the fact that he started Rex Grossman for five games in 2011 and let John sit. "What was the peabrain thinking?" the second-guessing media will ask.

Well here's something for you to think about, peanut. I just read all your posts to date and before I even check to see if you're a dupe acct, i'm already wondering why we should even bother letting you waste anymore of our time. So far, what you've mainly accomplished is to quickly violate a rule and lose a privilege, offer semi-spam (being kind) posts, whine and question our board management, imply staff favoritism, or tread close to other rule violations.

Given we already have a huge population of such contributors, I am loathe to weclome new guys who have nothing more to bring to the table. There's nothing personal in this, but if I were you I'd resist responding to me and simply step your game up. Also, learn the tulres and follow them.

Whatever you need to do Jumbo.. If you read most of my responses like you said you did then I haven't broken any rules. Just don't understand how a trolling thread can be considered not breaking the rules when it's obviously baiting all people who have faith in John Beck.

Do what you got to do man. I wont resist. First time here, and not a Dupe acct... Just not a very positive influence in my short stay here, but if that's the running concept here in this website " We have enough supporters" then it is what it is man.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2011 at 11:55 PM ----------

---------- Post added October-22nd-2011 at 10:12 PM ----------

I think there's better than a 50/50 chance that Beck will turn out to be our franchise QB for the next five or six years. Even if that happens, Mike Shanahan's reputation will always be tainted by the fact that he started Rex Grossman for five games in 2011 and let John sit. "What was the peabrain thinking?" the second-guessing media will ask.

Just seems to be a negative influence that Shanahan is set to fail in Washington. Most people think that after they've been tainted by Snyder for so long. Even if Beck turns out to be the next franchise QB for us. I believe most of Redskin nation will still punish him for waiting so long to start him, or wondering why our Franchise QB is now hitting 30 even though 30 is not that old as a QB.

The cool thing is that we can see whether you are right or completely off the mark yet again today.

If Beck plays well, I believe he will, it'll be fun seeing you try to use irrelevant stats to marginalize his performance. Always a treat.

The cool thing is that we can see whether you are right or completely off the mark yet again today.

If Beck plays well, I believe he will, it'll be fun seeing you try to use irrelevant stats to marginalize his performance. Always a treat.

You must not have read this thread very carefully.

In this thread and others, I've said that I expect Beck to play very well against the Panthers. He will have a heavy advantage as a first-time starter (without game tape on how to beat him), going against a bad defense.

The better tests will come against the Bills and 49ers.

Yeah I said the same thing earlier on the thread though not nearly as funny :D For Beck to supersede Rex, a QB rating of 70 with 2 turnovers would do the trick.

And the whole nonsense of setting the bar high against Carolina because they were torched by some of the leagues elite Qb's -- and Beck now supposedly has to play accordingly for his game to be considered a success with a spotty O line -- just take a look at how horribly Rex played against the Rams 30th ranked defense, what he did he have like 46 rating against them and he tried to give the game away with turnovers at the end.

I'd say the one main thing I agree with ASF's post is fumbles. Beck has to stop running around with the ball Rex style loosely with one hand when being chased in the pocket. And I am not just talking about the fumble last week.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 08:01 AM ----------

think there's better than a 50/50 chance that Beck will turn out to be our franchise QB for the next five or six years. Even if that happens, Mike Shanahan's reputation will always be tainted by the fact that he started Rex Grossman for five games in 2011 and let John sit. "What was the peabrain thinking?" the second-guessing media will ask.

If that happens I'd give Shanny a break, he probably read the ASF post about how Rex is likely an elite/franchise QB, and his stats with the Bears were misunderstood and misinterpreted. So he had to give him a shot? :D

All in jest ASF. You got me if Beck is an improvement but I expect him to be, I just can't stand watching Rex at this point, IMO he's a train wreck, actually even I didn't think he'd be this bad, I expected mediocre/uninspiring play, nothing this abysmal.

...I'd say the one main thing I agree with ASF's post is fumbles. Beck has to stop running around with the ball Rex style loosely with one hand when being chased in the pocket. And I am not just talking about the fumble last week..
Granted that's a concern, but there's a good news side to that.

Many QBs have too tight a grip on the football, especially those with small hands. That restricts the wrist-involvement in the throwing motion. So, if the QB thinks he still has time to throw while on the move, the light grip adds risk, but overall that light grip is a good thing, IMO.

Beck has to stop running around with the ball Rex style loosely with one hand when being chased in the pocket. And I am not just talking about the fumble last week
No doubt, I bet their was a few seconds of sheer and complete panic gonna through Beck's mind when he fumbled that ball.

I'm sure it was teachable moment in the meeting room, and Beck, I'm sure, is a receptive pupil.

the unknown is always more interesting.

hopefully beck does well.

lol the known (Rex) is pathetic. Fat (must be bordering obese with those moobs), no stamina, still no football brain.

At the start of the season I would have preferred Beck as he's a better system fit. I didn't have a handle on Rex'x NFL history like most of you guys. I am fully up to speed now though hence my current 'anyone but Rex' position.

I really like how the FO has changed this organisation - except a seeming inability to evaluate QBs. Maybe Mike was hoping to replicate his SBs and win with someone else's QB as he's never done it with his own.

EDIT: Has MS ever drafted and developed a top end (non game manager type) QB? A QB who regularly put the team on his back and won games?

Granted that's a concern, but there's a good news side to that.

Many QBs have too tight a grip on the football, especially those with small hands. That restricts the wrist-involvement in the throwing motion. So, if the QB thinks he still has time to throw while on the move, the light grip adds risk, but overall that light grip is a good thing, IMO.

I can see it in that context where it depends on where he is in the process with the ball. When Rex for example fumbled against Dallas, you can see right before the ball got knocked out he looked to the left/sideline as opposed to him being poised to make a throw, in that case he should have tucked the ball. My main concern in this game is Locklear going against C. Johnson. Locklear is much more of a RT, struggled in the preseason at LT and apparently ditto in Seattle when he had to do spot duty at LT from what I read. Even at RT he's more known for pass blocking as opposed to being physical with the run -- so for a team that heavily favored the left side when it came to running, you got all 3 positions there reshuffled with two new starters, so for a team that's been up and down as a running team all year long, arguably their best niche in the running game has turned from a strength to a weakness.

Cooley on the pregame on 106.7 said this morning studying the tape on Carolina, their strength is their secondary.

strong secondary you say? Not what I wanted to hear. I fear that the Skins are going to have a lot of trouble this year going against teams that have good secondaries. Mediocre receivers that won't get open, means LBs/Safeties can sell out against the run.

strong secondary you say? Not what I wanted to hear. I fear that the Skins are going to have a lot of trouble this year going against teams that have good secondaries. Mediocre receivers that won't get open, means LBs/Safeties can sell out against the run.

I thought it was their weakness but it got my attention this morning Cooley saying studying them he thinks its the best part of their defense.

Edit: Atogwe out stinks. We really just have a bunch of strong safeties as back ups, so this should help Newton, maybe Gomes has some coverage skills

Edit again: You jinxed us with that comment about the WRs :D Moss is out, we need Gaffney to step up, first he blows that long pass which would have headed them closer to scoring position, then he fumbles handing Carolina 3 points.

Archived