Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our offense will continue to be anemic until Anthony Armstrong gets on the field

Slateman

AA is our only deep threat. And the only game he's been a factor in, the Giants game, was the only game our offense looked decent.

Our receivers are mundane, at best. Moss has clearly lost a step. Gaffney is an okay possession receiver. Davis has done well this year, but he can't really stretch the field

But none of them can stretch the field. AA does that. He forces safeties to play back. He allows our tight ends and other receivers to work the intermediate and close routes. He forces the defense to respect the play action because if they bite on it, AA will burn them. He did this all last year and he did it in the Giants game.

This guy has to get back soon. If we can get him back, and maybe get Austin more involved, I really think the offense will improve. The running game won't constantly be facing 8 and 9 in the box and our other receivers will benefit from less safety help.

AA is our only deep threat. And the only game he's been a factor in, the Giants game, was the only game our offense looked decent.

Our receivers are mundane, at best. Moss has clearly lost a step. Gaffney is an okay possession receiver. Davis has done well this year, but he can't really stretch the field

But none of them can stretch the field. AA does that. He forces safeties to play back. He allows our tight ends and other receivers to work the intermediate and close routes. He forces the defense to respect the play action because if they bite on it, AA will burn them. He did this all last year and he did it in the Giants game.

This guy has to get back soon. If we can get him back, and maybe get Austin more involved, I really think the offense will improve. The running game won't constantly be facing 8 and 9 in the box and our other receivers will benefit from less safety help.

I agree. Doc Walker made the same point.

amen brother. i agree 110%. Hopefully Beck has the arm to get the ball deep to him though.

Well if Rex underthrows guys who are slower, I think he'll be okay. I got to tell ya I think AA changes how teams can play the offense. He is the animal the team has been missing.

amen brother. i agree 110%. Hopefully Beck has the arm to get the ball deep to him though.

Maybe not but it still stretches the defense, the safeties can't just let him go because they think Beck can't get the ball to him and it opens up the middle for guys like Davis and Gaffney.

Not sure why people would say that, since he hasn't done anything this year even when he was healthy.

He seems to be a good enough route runner and enough speed to beat a slot corner, but he's struggled this year in catching the ball. I don't think he's as good as some have been hyping him as, tho.

Not sure why people would say that, since he hasn't done anything this year even when he was healthy.

He seems to be a good enough route runner and enough speed to beat a slot corner, but he's struggled this year in catching the ball. I don't think he's as good as some have been hyping him as, tho.

Well in the two games he played our offense scored 21 and 22(I'm not counting the 7 we got from Kerrigan's pick 6).

Since then? We've scored 16, 17, and 13.

Even if he himself isn't producing, teams are afraid of him beating them deep which opens up the rest of the offense.

Hope he can return this week...

I disagree but only because we have young inexpirenced receivers that simply are not getting any chance to get on the field

Why is the receivers only a bunch of old players?

Moss is in his 30's

Gaffney is in his 30's

Stallworth is in his 30's

Hell even Armstrong is 28 years old

The older you get the slower your legs are

Where is Niles Paul? Did we really only draft him to cover kick offs?

Why was Austin only thrown to 1 time last game and never getting any passes?

Where in the heck is Hankerson?

Our coaching staff is the problem. We don't need AA that much, we need young legs in the game and they aren't in there. That's the problem.

Greg Little was picked at 59, Hankerson was picked 20 spots later at 79

So Hankerson is that stupid to not learn a single play in week 6 to get on the field where as Greg Little was the 5th highest throw to WR that week?

Is Greg Little a genious and Hankerson an total idiot?

I don't think so. The coaches are to blame. This isn't an accident. It's the same problem every year

The young inexpirenced guys don't play ever and the older slower veterans always steal playing time and we always lose.

You would think by now we as the fans wouldn't accept this. But I am the 1% who gets it while the 99% of you think I'm wrong

And the beat goes on

Well if Rex underthrows guys who are slower, I think he'll be okay. I got to tell ya I think AA changes how teams can play the offense. He is the animal the team has been missing.

That and how defenses play us change. You cant ignore speed. Especially coming outta that slot position. If you do your playing with fire and we know what happens then. Ya get burned.

I disagree but only because we have young inexpirenced receivers that simply are not getting any chance to get on the field

Why is the receivers only a bunch of old players?

Moss is in his 30's

Gaffney is in his 30's

Stallworth is in his 30's

Hell even Armstrong is 28 years old

The older you get the slower your legs are

Where is Niles Paul? Did we really only draft him to cover kick offs?

Why was Austin only thrown to 1 time last game and never getting any passes?

Where in the heck is Hankerson?

Our coaching staff is the problem. We don't need AA that much, we need young legs in the game and they aren't in there. That's the problem.

Greg Little was picked at 59, Hankerson was picked 20 spots later at 79

So Hankerson is that stupid to not learn a single play in week 6 to get on the field where as Greg Little was the 5th highest throw to WR that week?

Is Greg Little a genious and Hankerson an total idiot?

I don't think so. The coaches are to blame. This isn't an accident. It's the same problem every year

The young inexpirenced guys don't play ever and the older slower veterans always steal playing time and we always lose.

You would think by now we as the fans wouldn't accept this. But I am the 1% who gets it while the 99% of you think I'm wrong

And the beat goes on

The thing you seem to ignore is how players get open: route running. Often, it isn't about who the fastest is, but how you run your routes. Getting in and out of your breaks. It is why most young WRs take time to get onto the field.

Right now, neither Paul or Hankerson has shown us much. It doesn't mean they can't be good, but they have a lot of work ahead of them to be productive receivers.

Not sure why, but our deep threats for the moment are Anthony, Leonard, Niles, and Terrance. However, NONE of them have taken the field for any extended period of time.

Kyle's offense reminds me of Jim Zorn's duke and dunk offense.

Agree. We need AA back in the line up, but I would like to see more of Austin as well because he can stretch the field. That was a nice catch he made last week. You could even use him on crossing routes out of the slot or the seam route that Welker is the master of in NE. Speed doesn't mean you need to stretch the field, but can get open quickly out of your breaks.

I would like to see more opportunities for the young WRs, but I understand that it might happen over the course of the season. If we fall out of contention, I'd like to see Paul, Austin, and Hankerson take on more prominent roles. Keep in mind, it was just about this time last year that Armstrong supplanted Galloway, so I think younger guys have a chance to break into the lineup at any time with Shanahan.

The thing you seem to ignore is how players get open: route running. Often, it isn't about who the fastest is, but how you run your routes. Getting in and out of your breaks. It is why most young WRs take time to get onto the field.

Are you at practices?

How can the average poster even claim that these players can't do this?

I am serious

Do you know that Paul, Austin, and HAnkerson can't run routes?

Bet you were saying the same crap about Brandon Lloyd

Please stop this absolute nonsense

For years our young Wide Receivers haven't been given the chance to produce

And all of them can't run routes? Bullspit

Right now, neither Paul or Hankerson has shown us much. It doesn't mean they can't be good, but they have a lot of work ahead of them to be productive receivers.

How can they show us a damn thing when they aren't on the field?

Please explain your line of thinking because for the past 5 years we've been unable to develop a single young WR and they have been here

We just don't give them the chance

The only thing in your post I agree with is this " they have a lot of work ahead of them to be productive receivers"

That work is convincing these old coaches that a rookie WR can produce for us when given the chances and they be given the opportunity

Until we get rid of the old guys we won't ever see a young receiver developed. Someone should be fired for this continued crap

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 07:49 PM ----------

Not sure why, but our deep threats for the moment are Anthony, Leonard, Niles, and Terrance. However, NONE of them have taken the field for any extended period of time.

Kyle's offense reminds me of Jim Zorn's duke and dunk offense.

Thank you, I agree with this. It's crap seeing talent like that wasting away on the bench so that we can see 30 year olds get thrown the ball again and again

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 07:51 PM ----------

I would like to see more opportunities for the young WRs, but I understand that it might happen over the course of the season. If we fall out of contention, I'd like to see Paul, Austin, and Hankerson take on more prominent roles. Keep in mind, it was just about this time last year that Armstrong supplanted Galloway, so I think younger guys have a chance to break into the lineup at any time with Shanahan.

Iff we fall out of contention I would love to see those three take over the WR duties completely while we cut Gaffney (hes on a one year deal) and Stallworth (that piece of crap shouldnt ever see the field for us and is a disgrace to be on the team is also on a 1 year deal)

Archived