Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I think Herschel loosining up a bit did him some good :)

I am surprised the group hasn't done much to the farm as far as improvements go. They seem to have a good amount of time on their hands to do things like fencing/fortifing the farm and their vehicles. The group could certainly be doing things to better prepare themselves for a horde. I definitley would have already taken a trip to the local dealerships and acquired some badass trucks.

I think Herschel loosining up a bit did him some good :)

I am surprised the group hasn't done much to the farm as far as improvements go. They seem to have a good amount of time on their hands to do things like fencing/fortifing the farm and their vehicles. The group could certainly be doing things to better prepare themselves for a horde. I definitley would have already taken a trip to the local dealerships and acquired some badass trucks.

Now that I think about it, I do wonder what they do most days. When they're not burning dozens of dead zombies or performing emergency surgery or making runs to town for the morning after pills, they're usually just shown cooking/eating/cleaning. None of those things can take up THAT much time. Especially with so many people.

Now that I think about it, I do wonder what they do most days. When they're not burning dozens of dead zombies or performing emergency surgery or making runs to town for the morning after pills, they're usually just shown cooking/eating/cleaning. None of those things can take up THAT much time. Especially with so many people.

Yeah, seriously. As someone who goes out in the wilderness to go camping—if you aren't hiking to a new location, catching or gathering food, there isn't much to do but talk or stare at each other. If you do it in frequently, just taking in nature is cool but if you're out there in a survival situation—you're not thinking about the grandeur.

But daily tasks do take some time if you don't have the right tools and prepping meals take much longer if you're doing it from scratch.

Yeah, seriously. As someone who goes out in the wilderness to go camping—if you aren't hiking to a new location, catching or gathering food, there isn't much to do but talk or stare at each other. If you do it in frequently, just taking in nature is cool but if you're out there in a survival situation—you're not thinking about the grandeur.

But daily tasks do take some time if you don't have the right tools and prepping meals take much longer if you're doing it from scratch.

Agreed, but they certainly have enough people to split up into work crews, cook crews, and hunter/gatherers. Fencing in the whole farm may be unreasonable, but fencing in the farm house is not. Rick needs to sit everyone down and watch I Am Legend for starters. The resources are out there, they just need to get to work.

The lack of preparation may have come from the budget cuts though. There was some cool stuff in season one (Glenn borrowing the challenger)

I think the reason they haven't fortified anything yet is the question if they would even be there. Remember, to this point Hershel hasn't said they could stay. Shane killed the zombies and he hot tailed it to town to get his drink on. Then he comes back for half a show with a dude losing his leg and his daughter in shock.

Once they figure out what to do with the two sick people, they'll have Shane to deal with.

I know I'd be going to get hummers. Everyone gets their own towing an ammo and gas trailer. I'd also make sure there was a tow truck in my convoy to move cars blocking the path. So much to think about in a post apocalyptic world. This show is supposed to be about the human character/spirit living in a post-apocalyptic world. Not what to do in such a world.

They are trying to make this as real as possible and most characters on the show are just average people. If you saw your whole world fall apart you would still be in shock at this point. Remember, they all witnessed their city being fire bombed by their own government. Just think how you would feel if you saw the U.S.A.F. bombing Washington, DC. I bet that would send a shock through your system. If this show last into the 4th or 5th season some of your wishes will be rewarded. This is only about 6 months into the ZA. You need time to adjust. Remember up until this point they thought they could go to Fort Bragg. I do believe the farm will be done soon.

We are too used to zombie movies that last only 2 hours.

They are trying to make this as real as possible and most characters on the show are just average people. If you saw your whole world fall apart you would still be in shock at this point. Remember, they all witnessed their city being fire bombed by their own government. Just think how you would feel if you saw the U.S.A.F. bombing Washington, DC. I bet that would send a shock through your system. If this show last into the 4th or 5th season some of your wishes will be rewarded. This is only about 6 months into the ZA. You need time to adjust. Remember up until this point they thought they could go to Fort Bragg. I do believe the farm will be done soon.

I'm really interested to see if everyone stays together when they leave the farm. I can't imagine it's smart/safe/efficient to travel with a group any larger than they had before getting to the farm.

A few things anyone could come up with in less than 6 months after the zombie apocalypse:

1 - Bicycles? Did people forget they existed? They are far more quiet than a car or horse and allow you to cover distances in situations were gas is scarce or the path is blocked.

2 - Armor. You don't need steel plate to defend against bites. Putting together a bite resistant suit wouldn't even be that difficult if you could find a shopping mall or a motorcycle shop. I'm pretty sure I've seen the women in sandals, the ultimate "i hope nothing chases me" choice.

3 - Shutting the hell up. Zombies are attracted to noise and yet these survivors seem to make more noise than you would in normal everyday life. They don't even shut the car doors quietly when "sneaking into town"

4 - Old school weapons. One guy has arrows and no one else has thought... you know what that weapon doesn't attract other zombies! A hooked spear would work too after seeing how easily Otis was catching zombies with a catch-pole.

5 - Not going out at night. The zombies react to smell and sound more than anything else... going out at night doesn't help the living avoid them as much as it helps a slow moving monster get closer before it's spotted by it's faster, seemingly less intelligent, prey.

I'm really interested to see if everyone stays together when they leave the farm. I can't imagine it's smart/safe/efficient to travel with a group any larger than they had before getting to the farm.

I have a feeling the majority of the group stays together, and it ends up looking like the resident evil traveling convoy. I hope not, we've seen that before.

A week long "shock period" is a reach, 6 months is rediculous.

A few things anyone could come up with in less than 6 months after the zombie apocalypse:

1 - Bicycles? Did people forget they existed? They are far more quiet than a car or horse and allow you to cover distances in situations were gas is scarce or the path is blocked.

Seems like a lot of wasted energy when food resources are already low.

Seems like a lot of wasted energy when food resources are already low.

You can have a bike in the car as a plan B and if you don't attract them in the first place you're less likely to find yourself fleeing in terror out of ammo... which surely depletes resources a great deal faster.

Did anyone else catch Talking Dead when they were showing the trivia? It said the title of the show (possible spoiler) ninja: refers to the survivors, not the zombies. I think that pretty much points to the show following the comic as far as what Jenner told Rick.

Did anyone else catch Talking Dead when they were showing the trivia? It said the title of the show (possible spoiler) ninja: refers to the survivors, not the zombies. I think that pretty much points to the show following the comic as far as what Jenner told Rick.

Yes this is true from Kirkman's view. This is the case for the title of the comic too.

I've wondered for a while why they wouldn't have worked on some big badass truck with spikes and armor that could just run over all the zombies.

The circle of fire with a speaker in the middle seems like a pretty good idea too.

I still thoroughly enjoy the show, though. Don't really dig the zombie stuff as much as I do the survival aspect of the whole thing. Still haven't really heard how Herschel's house has power, though.

I've wondered for a while why they wouldn't have worked on some big badass truck with spikes and armor that could just run over all the zombies.

The circle of fire with a speaker in the middle seems like a pretty good idea too.

I still thoroughly enjoy the show, though. Don't really dig the zombie stuff as much as I do the survival aspect of the whole thing. Still haven't really heard how Herschel's house has power, though.

Pretty sure Herschel has a big generator. I remember on the 1st half of the season that Herschel was working on it and Rick came up and Herschel gave him a lecture about the farm rules or something.

More potential spoilers for the rest of this season if you are interested (NINJA):

1) Rick kills Shane. Shane comes back as a zombie and Carl kills Zombie Shane.

2) Dale dies.

3) Michonne will make an appearance before season's end.

Kirkman has already stated in interviews that your 3rd one won't come true until the 3rd season. I don't believe they have even cast that role yet.

More potential spoilers for the rest of this season if you are interested (NINJA):

1) Rick kills Shane. Shane comes back as a zombie and Carl kills Zombie Shane.

2) Dale dies.

3) Michonne will make an appearance before season's end.

Part of me is bummed that I read that, but now I'm kinda excited!

Which is a shame because I liked him in Jericho.

Yes! He was awesome in Jericho. and he plays a pimp in the HBO show "Hung." He kills that role too.

I love him as an actor, and when we the viewers first saw him in Walking Dead S1E1, I was super stoked.. thinking he was going to be part of the show. :(

Archived