Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pre game rituals and I must be crazy................

HapHaszard

You know, I always pictured myself as a rational human being, but lately I wonder if I'm truly sane.

The first Season game this year i put out my Redskins flag on the front deck, and wore a Portis Jersey while watching the game, we won. Same for the second game. By the third game I told myself, this is silly, and left the jersey off and and didn't put out the flag. We lost. Last week I went back to the flag and jersey, we won.

Now as a rational person I know that there is no cause and effect involved but just pure happenstance. BUT, I can't help it I have to put out the flag and wear the jersey now. I'm wondering if anyone else has fallen into some odd thing they have to do before a game or is it just me slowing going crazy?

I usually watch Redskins games in solitude(not any 'Skins fans around here). Monday nighter against the girls I invited people over. I take full responsibility for that one......:( My door is locked and the shades are down today..... :point2sky

Could it be a situation of whose fans/players perform their rituals the most consistently that week that wins the game? I think so, and that's why I do the same thing EVERY SINGLE WEEK (including the time I take a shower in the morning, have to do it prior to pregame shows starting).

I used to but after the last few seasons ive lost faith in my rituals. Ive wore my Taylor jersey and Skins hat all season including the loss to Dallas. So not feeling the magic there.

A few years ago i would wake up early and play the upcoming game on Madden.Seemed like we lost every week that i won, so i stopped and we continued to lose. No magic there.

If yall have a pair of lucky socks though, you better wearing them. I'll continue to wear my Taylor jersey and hat.

I used to but after the last few seasons ive lost faith in my rituals. Ive wore my Taylor jersey and Skins hat all season including the loss to Dallas. So not feeling the magic there.

A few years ago i would wake up early and play the upcoming game on Madden.Seemed like we lost every week that i won, so i stopped and we continued to lose. No magic there.

If yall have a pair of lucky socks though, you better wearing them. I'll continue to wear my Taylor jersey and hat.

But it is the faith that makes the magic, you have to believe! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, keep doing what you know in your heart to be right, whether that involves those burgundy panties of your wife or that HTTR graffiti you painted on the neighbor's cat

OK the flag is out and the jersey is on, this game is the real test of my ritual. Go Skins, don't make me feel stupid.

Thank goodness; I was looking for my car keys to come "help" you get that flag out ;) We do the same thing Hap......... but one thing you haven't done, apologize for that one goof up. So, officially - you are still sane. :D

It's your fault we lost against Dallas! lol

Nah, you're not alone in these superstitions. Usually I put out a Redskin flag on Opening Day and leave it there until the season is finished. However, for 9/11, I wanted to hang an American flag. Obviously we won 9/11/11, so I figured I'd better leave out the American flag. Second game we won, so American flag remained. I was then really torn about not displaying a Redskin flag during Dallas week, but I didn't want to screw up the team, so I left the American flag. After the loss, I was going to put out the Redskin flag but didn't get around to it, and then we beat St. Louis. We're 3-1 with the American flag hanging in front of my house. That flag is staying unless this team goes into a tailspin.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 12:33 PM ----------

Could it be a situation of whose fans/players perform their rituals the most consistently that week that wins the game? I think so, and that's why I do the same thing EVERY SINGLE WEEK (including the time I take a shower in the morning, have to do it prior to pregame shows starting).

I like this theory!

You know, I always pictured myself as a rational human being, but lately I wonder if I'm truly sane.

The first Season game this year i put out my Redskins flag on the front deck, and wore a Portis Jersey while watching the game, we won. Same for the second game. By the third game I told myself, this is silly, and left the jersey off and and didn't put out the flag. We lost. Last week I went back to the flag and jersey, we won.

Now as a rational person I know that there is no cause and effect involved but just pure happenstance. BUT, I can't help it I have to put out the flag and wear the jersey now. I'm wondering if anyone else has fallen into some odd thing they have to do before a game or is it just me slowing going crazy?

Please put out the flag and wear your Portis jersey today :D

Archived