Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is the kind of nonsense that goes on in Philadelphia before a game

McnabbSupporter

I'm not that crazy about the title of the article, but overall don't see what's that wrong with it. Although I'm not so sure yet that the East is only going to send one team to the playoffs. The West will only send one. At this point, it looks like Green Bay and Detroit will go from the North; Chicago will lurk but who knows what will happen with them. In the South, New Orleans looks like the probable front-runner, but Atlanta and Tampa just haven't impressed so far.

Of course, its still too early to predict anything, but I wouldn't be shocked to see two teams go from the East.

Washington has a three-game lead on the Eagles, and a win on Sunday would put the Redskins at 4-1, and they would just need to go 6-5 in their last 11 games to take the division, unless the Giants or Cowboys go on a huge winning streak

I like that

I'm not that crazy about the title of the article, but overall don't see what's that wrong with it. Although I'm not so sure yet that the East is only going to send one team to the playoffs. The West will only send one. At this point, it looks like Green Bay and Detroit will go from the North; Chicago will lurk but who knows what will happen with them. In the South, New Orleans looks like the probable front-runner, but Atlanta and Tampa just haven't impressed so far.

Of course, its still too early to predict anything, but I wouldn't be shocked to see two teams go from the East.

Agree on all counts. Particularly the playoff picture.

Don't really get the OPs problem with the article, unless its that phi shouldn't be thinking playoffs at all. If they lose to us, all playoff hope prob gone. Seems right to me

The Eagles, if they win, would have a bye week and three straight home games.

I'm pretty sure they would have a bye week and three straight home games even if they don't win...

Washington has a three-game lead on the Eagles, and a win on Sunday would put the Redskins at 4-1, and they would just need to go 6-5 in their last 11 games to take the division, unless the Giants or Cowboys go on a huge winning streak.

all we have to do is go 6-5 to take the division unless we go 6-5 and we don't win the division?

The best-case scenario for the Eagles is to finish 9-7, or better

already mentioned but not really sure how you can have a better scenario than a best case scenario...

The Giants and Cowboys still have shots at the playoffs as a wild card team, or as the NFC East champ depending on their games in the NFC East.

Of course they have shots at the playoffs, its week 6 and neither team has a losing record and they are only half a game back and 1 game back each.

This is one of the worst articles I have ever read. It sounds like whoever wrote this article just started following the NFL this year and has no clue what he is talking about.

I'm pretty sure they would have a bye week and three straight home games even if they don't win...

Yeah, I was kind of thrown by this too :ols:

all we have to do is go 6-5 to take the division unless we go 6-5 and we don't win the division?

I get where you're coming from, but I think what the author is getting at is he thinks that 10-6 would be enough to win the division, as it's unlikely the Cowboys or Giants get to 10 wins. If, however, they do, then 10-6 wouldn't be good enough to win the east.

The stupid author is talking about 3 straight home games after the bye, he doesn't know that they are already 0-2 at home this season?

already mentioned but not really sure how you can have a better scenario than a best case scenario...

Of course they have shots at the playoffs, its week 6 and neither team has a losing record and they are only half a game back and 1 game back each.

This is one of the worst articles I have ever read. It sounds like whoever wrote this article just started following the NFL this year and has no clue what he is talking about.

The Eagles are already 0-2 at home-LOL So what does having 3 games in a row at home mean?

I get where you're coming from, but I think what the author is getting at is he thinks that 10-6 would be enough to win the division, as it's unlikely the Cowboys or Giants get to 10 wins. If, however, they do, then 10-6 wouldn't be good enough to win the east.

I kinda figured thats what he meant, but there is no reason to think that being one game above .500 in your last 11 games when you only have a one game/ .5 game lead on your opponents would be enough to all but seal the deal. Doesn't really make sense why he would say that in the article.

I kinda figured thats what he meant, but there is no reason to think that being one game above .500 in your last 11 games when you only have a one game/ .5 game lead on your opponents would be enough to all but seal the deal. Doesn't really make sense why he would say that in the article.

Assuming they both lose, we'll have a 1.5 and 2 game lead.

Off topic, when we do win, I have a feeling it will slingshot us for the rest of the season.

Last year, the Eagles beat the Redskins 59-28 on national TV in a game that led to Donovan McNabb’s exile from D.C.

That game didn't lead to McNabb's "exile from D.C."...we didn't fall behind 14 billion to nothing because of McNabb.

---------- Post added October-15th-2011 at 01:18 PM ----------

I gotta say, if it's their Super Bowl, I feel pretty good about our chances on Sunday, considering the Eagles have never, you know, WON one of those...

:ols: :applause:

Meh....I thought the Flyers fans booing the Hockey Fights cancer ad just because of a player of another team showed up on screen fits the title more.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/nhl/flyers/Flyers_Fans_Boo_Rivals_Hockey_Fights_Cancer_Ad_101311

if tony Romo sits to pee showed up on the screen at fedex with puppies and dying orphans i would boo too. Everybody knows that the fans (most of them at least) were booing Crosby, not cancer research. I love to pile on philly fans but in that case it is a little overblown...

Agree that it's kind of a dumb article. It's written more like a rambling blog post. Not a bad, rambling blog post, but not something a professional writer should be putting on his resume'.

Best line is this: "The Eagles, if they win, would have a bye week and three straight home games." As if a loss changes this fact? lol

Agree that it's kind of a dumb article. It's written more like a rambling blog post. Not a bad, rambling blog post, but not something a professional writer should be putting on his resume'.

Best line is this: "The Eagles, if they win, would have a bye week and three straight home games." As if a loss changes this fact? lol

I guess that idiot is trying to say they would have a opportunity to go from 2-4 to 5-4 because of the confidence from the redskins win and that they have the following 3 games at home ignoring the fact that they are 0-2 at home right now.

From the aritcle.....This sounds like us (Redskins) last year after the philly game:

"The Eagles, if they lose, face some tough decisions. Do they trade off some of the free agents the team signed last summer for draft picks? How much abuse does the team subject their offensive players to as they prepare for 2012? Do they play more younger players who will be under contract next season and beyond?"

I'm hoping for a REDSKINS blowout tomorrow!!! 35-10

Maybe the writer is trying to express that if the Eagles lose tomorrow, they might will petition the league to play those games away?

Archived