Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we/should we make a move before the deadline?

Slateman

What? The same Palmer who threw for 3970 yards last season? His arm is "nothing comapred to what it used to be?"

6.8 YPA and a 1.3:1 TD:INT ratio. Neither are good signs.

---------- Post added October-12th-2011 at 03:52 PM ----------

Why do I want the Redskins to have a good quarterback for the next 3 years? So we can draft a QB next year and give him a couple years to get groomed and take right over.

NFC East is ripe for the picking and our QB play is holding us back. Insert Palmer and we are legit Super Bowl contenders

You tank and get the highest pick possible in the draft, and toss in a free(no picks) cheapo like whoever was in front of McNabb in 1999, Jake Plummer in Denver, or Kurt Warner in NY. Carson Palmer's cap hit would help weaken the team as well. Believe it or not, but most rookies are ready to play much sooner than two years.

I'm glad Larry Michael indicates Hankeron being about ready o be unleashed because its been insane that they haven't given the kid a sniff. People are so hyper of dropped balls but I get hyper over actual play making. He has the play making ability. None of the other sure handed guys are doing anything with those hands and not even getting open.

No reciever no matter how good he is perfect and doesn't drop an occasional football.

People sweating LH on a drop are just focusing on the negative

People who do that seem to fall into the "Lets trade draft picks for (Insert name here)" crowd

They aren't understanding that guys like Marshall are DEVELOPED

Hell some of the fools here wouldn't understand the concept of developing a WR or how to do it or how to game plan to the players strength or anything

It's like to them if a guy doesn't blow up in week one then he's hot garbage

Seriously leave the WR's alone just get them in the damn game and throw the ball to them

If they run the wrong route this wasn't supposed to be "our year" it was supposed to be a "developing year"

Hell no. Unless we are trading away veterans for young talent like the THT trade. We need EVERY draft pick we can get.

This is not our year. Next year is probably not our year. We are still building for the next decade. We need every draft pick we can get. Stop thinking short-term.

What? The same Palmer who threw for 3970 yards last season? His arm is "nothing comapred to what it used to be?"

When will people EVER learn that just because a quarterback is good on some random team doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a good fit for another?

I'm glad you're not giving Bruce Allen advice on player personnel. No offense.

Id be interested in Peyton Hillis. Browns aint gonna pay him so hes outa there. Hightower straight up. everyone got enamoured during the frickin preseason when he tore up VANILLA defenses and scrubs when he was still in the game in the 3rd qtr. He is what he is........a 3rd down back. Hillis is a decent reciever also.

Can't believe I forgot all about the guy, but they actually had a blip on NFLN last night about how the bengals might still be trying to work out some trade option for Carson. Funny how some guys just seem to disappear while others you can't seem to get rid of..

I can't imagine him being worth more than a 4th or 5th at this point. Probably less in the middle of the season.

Id be interested in Peyton Hillis. Browns aint gonna pay him so hes outa there. Hightower straight up. everyone got enamoured during the frickin preseason when he tore up VANILLA defenses and scrubs when he was still in the game in the 3rd qtr. He is what he is........a 3rd down back. Hillis is a decent reciever also.

Hightower got injured in the first game, and perhaps running as hard as he did in preseason wasn't the best preperation for the regular season. Our two "workload" RBs both have question marks over their durability - Hightower is used to 140-150 carries per season, if he stays as our #1 he's on course to double that this year. I wouldn't trade any of our RBs just yet.

Totally disagree. WR is a weakness. Not saying any of our guys are worthless, and they are all grinders, but just not much talent there.

At this stage of his career, Moss is a good #2, and a great #3. Gaffney is a solid #3. AA is a good guy to have to stretch the field.

But none of them are #1 quality or playmakers ala a guy like Marshall.

What Marshall does is give Rex margin for error. Right now, our guys must always be open to complete a pass. With Marshall you can throw into coverage and still complete a pass. At heart Rex is a chucker... He just doesn't have anyone to chuck it to... And he really never has.

I'm not itching to make a deal; I love what we are doing and if they Judy want to stay the course I'm cool with that. But at the same time, if you aren't at least exploring options, you aren't doing your job.

If Marshall cost a third or fourth, I'd be very interested.

Marshall has only been catching around half the passes thrown to him this season. Not to mention, all of his off field issues. Id still take him for a fourth though lol

My issue with Marshall is off field issues. We have got to keep the drama out of the locker room this season. It keeps the players focused on football instead of the BS. It would be nice to have someone to stretch the field, but we should not take anyone unless there is a solid young O lineman for cheap (not likely).

As far as selling, if there is interest in Stallworth, Sellers, or Cooley we should field it but I don't see anyone knocking down our door.

Archived