Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we/should we make a move before the deadline?

Slateman

Trade deadline is coming up soon.

Do the Skins make a move? Trade someone? Make a trade for someone?

SHOULD they make a move?

I'd love to get a QB, but probably not worth the effort/cost.

On the other hand, another receiver would be nice. We seem to have a lack of real talent a that position.

Just what good quarterback is reasonably attainable at this juncture? NONE except Matt Flynn, and he'll be worth a HANDSOME PRICE. Also, stop ******** about not having Gabbert or Ponder. It's not like our compensation was ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS.

And elite WRs aren't obtainable. Our WR corps is the BEST it has been in a long time.

just what good quarterback is reasonably attainable at this juncture? None except matt flynn, and he'll be worth a handsome price. Also, stop ******** about not having gabbert or ponder. It's not like our compensation was absolutely worthless.

And elite wrs aren't obtainable. Our wr corps is the best it has been in a long time.

hail!

I'd probably test the waters on an upgrade at WR. I'd probably start by placing a call to Miami about Brandon Marshall. He fills a very obvious need.... Miami is heading into total rebuild and probably would like an extra pick and to lose his contract.

No chance do I give a first or second, but if the Fins were willing to take a third, I'd roll the dice.

There is no position we are weak at as far as starters, besides (arguably... and almost certainly ) QB. Who is out there to trade for? Nobody who will be immediately better than Rex. Even if we somehow got Brandon Marshall for a good price (which we won't), I don't think it helps all that much because Rex's biggest problem is Rex, not our WRs. And as far as depth, you don't trade draft picks for depth. And you certainly don't trade players who have spent 2 months on the team for depth.

I'd probably test the waters on an upgrade at WR. I'd probably start by placing a call to Miami about Brandon Marshall. He fills a very obvious need.... Miami is heading into total rebuild and probably would like an extra pick and to lose his contract.

No chance do I give a first or second, but if the Fins were willing to take a third, I'd roll the dice.

Or perhaps one of our 2 fourths.

I like the Brandon Marshall idea if its at a reasonable price and Miami is looking to completely change that franchise. But other than that I don't think we do a thing.

Nevermind. I thought Marshall only had problems with McDaniels and not Shanahan.

The only Starting QBs that could be had are Kyle Orton and the unsigned Garrard. Don't think either of those are happening. I don't see am upgrade at wideout happening either. So I guess we'll have to ship Mike Sellers and an Idiots Guide to Defensive Coordination to Philly for DRC. :)

There is no position we are weak at as far as starters, besides (arguably... and almost certainly ) QB. Who is out there to trade for? Nobody who will be immediately better than Rex. Even if we somehow got Brandon Marshall for a good price (which we won't), I don't think it helps all that much because Rex's biggest problem is Rex, not our WRs. And as far as depth, you don't trade draft picks for depth. And you certainly don't trade players who have spent 2 months on the team for depth.

Totally disagree. WR is a weakness. Not saying any of our guys are worthless, and they are all grinders, but just not much talent there.

At this stage of his career, Moss is a good #2, and a great #3. Gaffney is a solid #3. AA is a good guy to have to stretch the field.

But none of them are #1 quality or playmakers ala a guy like Marshall.

What Marshall does is give Rex margin for error. Right now, our guys must always be open to complete a pass. With Marshall you can throw into coverage and still complete a pass. At heart Rex is a chucker... He just doesn't have anyone to chuck it to... And he really never has.

I'm not itching to make a deal; I love what we are doing and if they Judy want to stay the course I'm cool with that. But at the same time, if you aren't at least exploring options, you aren't doing your job.

If Marshall cost a third or fourth, I'd be very interested.

I wouldn't be opposed to offloading a few of the deadwood if there was any willing takers out there. Or even a wideout or RB to any team with dire need in that area.

Hail.

We don't really have any. Deadwood to me are players that have value for other teams but not to your team. In the past we had lots of deadwood; now we really don't.

We have some weaknesses for sure, but those are generally obvious weaknesses where said player has no real value for another team.

Cooley is the only guy on our roster that comes to mind when I think of someone who might draw interest from someone else AND isn't particularly essential for out success now or in the future.

Totally disagree. WR is a weakness. Not saying any of our guys are worthless, and they are all grinders, but just not much talent there.

At this stage of his career, Moss is a good #2, and a great #3. Gaffney is a solid #3. AA is a good guy to have to stretch the field.

But none of them are #1 quality or playmakers ala a guy like Marshall.

What Marshall does is give Rex margin for error. Right now, our guys must always be open to complete a pass. With Marshall you can throw into coverage and still complete a pass. At heart Rex is a chucker... He just doesn't have anyone to chuck it to... And he really never has.

I'm not itching to make a deal; I love what we are doing and if they Judy want to stay the course I'm cool with that. But at the same time, if you aren't at least exploring options, you aren't doing your job.

If Marshall cost a third or fourth, I'd be very interested.

Have to disagree with you here. Marshall is a great receiver but to say he would be a solid number 1 in Washington? No way.

Sure Moss is on the back end of his career, but he produces on a weekly basis. Sure he doesnt throw up the same kind of numbers, but numbers aren't everything. It would be easy to have those kind of numbers if Hartline was our number two.

We still have a young receiving core and I believe people are still under playing the Hankerson pickup in the draft.

Plus with Cooley and Davis...seems like a pretty solid core!

I was surprised we didn't trade a WR to the Texans, rumour has it Derrick Mason was shipped down there for a draft pick.

I'm sure they wanted a proven commodity. Moss, Gaffney, and AA all have more value to us than anyone else. Beyond that we have a lot of depth and developmental players. Houston needs guys that can play now while Andre Johnson is out as they push for a playoff berth.

Not a chance. Miami isn't that stupid. They would want a first, but might settle for a high second.

The NFL isn't like the other three sports, it's trade deadline is pretty much in name only. Big trades never happen, it's usually just minor stuff.

If we did make a trade it would probably be Stallworth to a team desperate for a WR. I'm not sure what we'd want in return, maybe another OL or CB to shore up depth.

Archived