Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this just what we needed?

Houston2Taylor2Landry

Do you feel sorry for the team that gets us next week?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel sorry for the team that gets us next week?

• Yes. We're gonna take it out on them.
    • No.
    • STFU. I wanna be pissed, dammit.

Let's say we win last night and improve to 3-0, the pressure on this team is 3x greater going into St.Louis, maybe the worst team in the league. We lose that game, we go into the bye 3-1 with a BAD taste in our mouth and the whole country and probably the whole team loses confidence going into the Eagles game...

So we lose this game and now NOBODY is going to talk about us after today. The team realizes we aren't unbeatable and the pressure is only coming from the fans and the team itself, not the media. We go into the Rams game and can get the Win. We go into the bye with a Good taste in our mouth and still no pressure going into the Eagles game at home with a chance to go 4-1. You guys might think we are the same old Redskins but were not. The players know it, and that is what gives me hope. At the end of the game they were all saying the same thing. "This games over, now it's time for St.Louis." And I felt the same way after the game. Time to go to Louis and get the W.

H.T.T.R

No matter what happens after the Rams game , I think the Skins are going to think "Damn we should be 4-0. Let's face it, they lost to a team that had a banged up QB who could not throw deep & starting RB who hadn't seen a 100 yard game this year, starting WR's were either out or were less than 100%, a center who didn't know the snap count & backup WR's who didn't know their own plays. Losing a game where you don't give up a TD & where you have them at 3rd & 21 late in the game. You gotta win that game.

I was waiting for the inevitable "wake up call" posts to start.

No offense, but NO!! What the team NEEDED was to win that game, period.

I'm so tired of the psychoanalyzing about losses after these types of heartbreakers.

"Maybe this will wake us up."

"Maybe now guys will understand that they can't let down."

"Maybe this is just what we need to keep us focused."

No. That is not how good teams think. Good teams win. Period. They don't wonder about what a WIN will do to their mental state the following week. That's the thought process of a loser.

Same can be said for next week's game. A good team will not worry about how "desperate" the Rams are for their first victory or how much of a "trap" game this could turn into. A good team will go to St. Louis and take care of business.

So no, a loss to the Cowboys can never be spun into something "good." But what's done is done. At this point, we just have to put it behind us and move on to the Rams, with the knowledge that we'll get another shot at Dallas and will hopefully right the wrongs of last night.

Well, if a loss is what we needed, which I don't think is true, I wish it wouldn't have been against the Cowboys.

We need to win every single game....that is the goal. A loss doesn't help the play for the next week.

There is no reason we didn't win that game last night....except, our offense just couldn't get the job done. I don't think putting the game in Rex's hands is smart. He's just not that good.

I am not going to devalue the Rams at all to be completely honest. They played their first 3 games mainly without S. Jax. and a couple of their starting WR's. Not to mention the injuries on their defense. These guys could be full go by this week. We are on a short week after a very physical game. We might be hungry after a divisional game but they're just as hungry with the big egg in their win column!

Don't ever think losing to the f-in Cowboys " is needed". You have to win as many Divisional games as possible - thats how you get to the paloffs. Who thinks that players needed a wake up ? This is their job and they all hate to lose - especially to the Turds. If your gonna lose one - make it when you clutched and acing ****y - that gets things back on track - not in week 3 to your hated rival.

Yes. Losing is always good. That's why this has been such a fun team to follow for so long.

I was always wondering why people liked Jason Campbell. This must be it!

As to the topic, just no. Not needed in any way, shape, or form. We needed to win that game, actually. Take a look at our 2nd half schedule.

I was always wondering why people liked Jason Campbell. This must be it!

As to the topic, just no. Not needed in any way, shape, or form. We needed to win that game, actually. Take a look at our 2nd half schedule.

Jason Campbell----oh, the memories! :silly: I did have high hopes for him though. :(

Speaking of memories, my son and I were talking about the Spurrier era over the weekend. He wasn't much of an NFL coach, but he did give the press lots to work with. I'll never forget him letting Weurffel do that kick off and when questioned about it because it barely went anywhere, Spurrier said he thought that at least Weurffel would have gotten a running start. Good times! :D

Thankfully, I believe this team is light years better and the more we add younger players, the better we will get. I'm still not sold on Rex, but we'll see.

I agree it was a wake-up call. But not for the team, for the fans.

I thought we would lose. We are still rebuilding, have a lot of issues and were on the road in a division game. We went 2-0 and everyone went insane. We still don't have a QB, no true #1 wr and have depth issues all over the online.

We are improving. 8-8 woul be fantastic.

Hope this is a wake-up call for fans.

i know you can look on the bright side but id have to say no. The cowboys tried their very best to give away the game to us but we refused to take it. You need to win as many divisional games as you can. To let an injury riddled team beat you with a gimpy qb just plain sucks

I'm not saying that losing is good in every case, but if we had won would you guys be saying the same thing? We gave up a 38 yard play(23 yard catch 15 yard penalty) And they kicked the field goal and beat us. If we had held them on that 3rd down we still played a very sub par game.

Now, if we lose to the Rams I won't be as optimistic, but if we go in to the bye 3-1 we are in good shape playing Philly at home and then going to Carolina.

Well, if a loss is what we needed, which I don't think is true, I wish it wouldn't have been against the Cowboys.

I think you hit it.

We all knew we weren't gonna have a perfect season, here. We were guaranteed to lose some.

But if I'd had my pick, I sure wouldn't have chosen to lose this game. Division opponent. Rivalry. Monday Night stage.

And particularly not to a team that played as bad as Dallas did. Everybody on this team has to know that Dallas certainly gave us a lot more opportunities than we should have rationally expected.

And to lose to a team that didn't score a single touchdown? Whose two biggest offensive plays were the only two penalties our defense has committed this year>

We certainly didn't NEED to the loss, but it isn't as detrimental as many think. Losing to the Cowboys in Dallas on Monday night by a late field goal isn't the end of the season. The next game I do think is crucial though. if we follow it up with a loss to the Rams we might be in trouble, but if we win next week, 3-1 heading to the bye with a lot of winnable games on the horizon (Eagles at home, panthers, 49ers, Dolphins, Boys at home, Seattle) we will be looking pretty good. Come back after the bye rested, Buchanon back, Landry and Cooley hitting their strides, the season is still pointing up.

Archived