Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Lee - ILB for the Cowboys

CrypticVillain

;8568631']The Cowboys can have the title as best LB"ers in the division for now. Once Jones and Williams grow up a bit and mature' date=' the Giants just may have a challenge for that.[/quote']

I have to agree. Also expecting a lot of Bruce Carter as he is in the same situation as Lee. Drafted injured, stock fell, took him and can let him sit a year.

Ware : Top 1 or 2 OLB In the NFL

Spencer : Finally stepping it up

Lee : Looks like the truth

James / Brooking : Serviceable until Carter is ready.

Our front 7 is pretty stacked ... and our secondary [[knock on wood]] has played beyond anybodies expectations thus far.

#5 Defense is total yards, #12 in Passing, #2 against the run. Impressive

I have to agree. Also expecting a lot of Bruce Carter as he is in the same situation as Lee. Drafted injured, stock fell, took him and can let him sit a year.

Ware : Top 1 or 2 OLB In the NFL

Spencer : Finally stepping it up

Lee : Looks like the truth

James / Brooking : Serviceable until Carter is ready.

Our front 7 is pretty stacked ... and our secondary [[knock on wood]] has played beyond anybodies expectations thus far.

#5 Defense is total yards, #12 in Passing, #2 against the run. Impressive

We have played the def stats game for too long. We are #5 in the only stat I care about - P/G Allowed - at 17.7.

;8568631']The Cowboys can have the title as best LB"ers in the division for now. Once Jones and Williams grow up a bit and mature' date=' the Giants just may have a challenge for that.[/quote']

When I said right now, I wasn't talking about the Giants, I was talking about us. Once Orakpo and Kerrigan hits their groove they should be pretty close to the level of Harrison and Woodley.

Remember that next time Dallas does the same thing at FedEx, WHICH THEY HAVE DONE EVERY YEAR FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS. Funny, I don't see you calling the Cowboys classless for jumping on the Skins logo at midfield. Oh wait, ESPN doesn't capture that and show it to the entire country when its the Cowboys doing it.

I have not seen the Cowboys do this at Fedex but it is of little importance.

When I said right now, I wasn't talking about the Giants, I was talking about us. Once Orakpo and Kerrigan hits their groove they should be pretty close to the level of Harrison and Woodley.

Woah.. big claim. Kerrigans hardly done anything yet, let him at least play a season before he's crowned along the likes of Harrison and Woodley.

Woah.. big claim. Kerrigans hardly done anything yet, let him at least play a season before he's crowned along the likes of Harrison and Woodley.

It may be premature to compare our OLBs to Harrison and Woodley but I will say that Kerrigan is already better than Orakpo and is much further along as a rookie than either Steelers OLB was in their first season.

I said they will be close, but I base my claim off of EA's post:

It may be premature to compare our OLBs to Harrison and Woodley but I will say that Kerrigan is already better than Orakpo and is much further along as a rookie than either Steelers OLB was in their first season.

If they can stay together and develop at a consistent rate, they can become a handful.

I forgot to mention in the OP that I hadn't even heard of Lee until yesterday afternoon when my cousin mentioned him. 24 hours later and he has made a good first impression for anybody who never seen him play before.

He said "once they hit their groove"...he didn't say they were already at that point. For all we know it might take Orakpo and Kerrigan and entire year together--and then another offseason in the system--to hit their "groove" and become the Skins' version of Harrison and Woodley.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 03:08 PM ----------

They should have started Brooking and kept Lee out of the game IMO.

Without Lee the Skins had that game easily. He was by far the difference on several occasions.

It pissed me the **** OFF when I'd see Lee playing well lol :mad: :mad:

It's been forever since I've felt that anger for that reason.

He said "once they hit their groove"...he didn't say they were already at that point. For all we know it might take Orakpo and Kerrigan and entire year together--and then another offseason in the system--to hit their "groove" and become the Skins' version of Harrison and Woodley..

Granted I haven't seen every defensive snap Kerrigans played, I just haven't seen enough out of him to think that once he hits his stride he'll be close to Woodley or Harrison.

From a Cowboys fans perspective, it's like saying once Dez Bryant hits his stride he'll be close to Andre Johnson or once Sean Lee hits his stride he'll be close to Urlacher or Willis. Possible I suppose, but it's just too early for claims like that IMO.

Granted I haven't seen every defensive snap Kerrigans played, I just haven't seen enough out of him to think that once he hits his stride he'll be close to Woodley or Harrison.

From a Cowboys fans perspective, it's like saying once Dez Bryant hits his stride he'll be close to Andre Johnson or once Sean Lee hits his stride he'll be close to Urlacher or Willis. Possible I suppose, but it's just too early for claims like that IMO.

He's been ridiculously impressive in his first three games as a rookie. He gets a lot of pressure, is showing himself to be a bonafide playmaker, sacks, forced fumbles, INTs and touchdowns along with the QB pressures and completely solid tackling. And without a true "offseason" to boot...

As long as you realize that the Cowboys have another lber they drafted in the 2nd round who is supposed to be all that and a bag of chips in Bruce Carter. He should be coming back in a few weeks....probably won't see what he is until next year, similar to Lee.

He's been ridiculously impressive in his first three games as a rookie. He gets a lot of pressure, is showing himself to be a bonafide playmaker, sacks, forced fumbles, INTs and touchdowns along with the QB pressures and completely solid tackling. And without a true "offseason" to boot...

Well the sack vs Dallas was because of the bad snap, if it's a dropback like the blocking scheme was based around the sack likely doesn't happen. The INT was a tipped ball right place right time type of thing. Not trying to criticize him here, just saying it's a little early for some of the hype around him already. Lets at least let him play out a season before saying he's going to be on Woodleys level.

Well the sack vs Dallas was because of the bad snap, if it's a dropback like the blocking scheme was based around the sack likely doesn't happen. The INT was a tipped ball right place right time type of thing. Not trying to criticize him here, just saying it's a little early for some of the hype around him already. Lets at least let him play out a season before saying he's going to be on Woodleys level.

On the tipped ball Kerrigan had to escape a cut block, get his hands up to deflect the ball, track the ball in the air, come down with it, and rumble into the end zone all in a span of about 5 seconds. It wasn't just him being in the right place at the right time. He had to do quite a few things right to get that pick, much more than if he had just dropped back and snagged a throw off a poor decision by the QB.

The early hype is well deserved if you've actually watched every snap he's played. As I said earlier, I honestly think he may already be better than Orakpo at just about everything that our coaches ask of the position and Orakpo is not too far behind that group of truly elite pass-rushers.

:rolleyes:

And most of Where's sacks are because the qb holds the ball too long.

Dear lordie, can we get some puke fans in here can see through the hype about Where.

:rolleyes:

And most of Where's sacks are because the qb holds the ball too long.

Dear lordie, can we get some puke fans in here can see through the hype about Where.

If the QBs holding onto the ball too long there must be outstanding coverage?

I remember seeing some posts with you absolutely ripping into the Cowboys secondary, so which is it?

And to Enter_Apotheosis I definitely haven't seen every snap he's played so I'm not claiming to be an expert or that I know more about him then any of you, just still sticking to saying it's a little early for all that. I suppose we can re-visit this after he has an actual body of work to analyze.

Wow. You have absolutely no idea how uninformed you sound right now. Or maybe you do... :silly:

I've been to Lubbock.

You should consider moving.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

If the QBs holding onto the ball too long there must be outstanding coverage?

I remember seeing some posts with you absolutely ripping into the Cowboys secondary, so which is it?

And to Enter_Apotheosis I definitely haven't seen every snap he's played so I'm not claiming to be an expert or that I know more about him then any of you, just still sticking to saying it's a little early for all that. I suppose we can re-visit this after he has an actual body of work to analyze.

My reply was to an inane comment.

Sarcasm again.

Maybe I need to use crayons for you fellas.

Wow. You have absolutely no idea how uninformed you sound right now. Or maybe you do... :silly:

Sure he does. It's his MO. It appears to me he is rolling out a new tactic. Post something absolutely ridiculous, wait for a few responses, claim he was using sarcasm, and take a jab at the intelligence of the responder.

I've been to Lubbock.

Yeah, I should probably get around to updating that. I moved a year ago after graduating from Medical School. There's definately not anything wrong with Lubbock though. It's a great place to raise a family.

BTW, I've been to DC and the surrounding area.

Archived