Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Grossman: 'I'm in my prime as a quarterback'

mzkp54

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82293819/article/tuning-out-critics-redskins-grossman-confident-hell-succeed?module=HP11_MYNFL

In a rose-colored world where beers cost a dollar and pizza delivery lasted deep into the morning, Rex Grossman and I probably thought we knew a lot more than we actually did. Two typical Gators, ready to conquer it all.

Proof enough: On the last day of his career at Florida in 2002, Grossman responded to a question about what advice he'd give to the younger quarterbacks vying to replace him. From my seat as a college reporter, Grossman's answer seemed to nail it.

"Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do," said Grossman, now the starting quarterback for the Redskins. "When they tell you you're great, don't believe it. And when they tell you that you suck, don't believe that, either.

"Have confidence in your own ability because that's all you can control."

Nine years later, on the same day Grossman will attempt to redefine his career with Monday night's game against the Cowboys, I'll also begin my own new chapter as NFL.com's national reporter. And I'll start with a simple question.

Did Grossman really have any idea what he was talking about?

Click link for rest of article.

Nothing earth-shattering here, but I thought it was a good interview. I'm really liking Rex more and more the more I hear/read about him. Obviously I want him to succeed for the Redskins, but I also would love to see it for Rex. I particularly enjoy how little he cares about what the media says about him (or at least he does a convincing job of not caring). I think it really symbolizes what the skins are going for with this new team culture, and I think if he can continue to succeed, he makes a great QB for the new direction we're heading in.

I'm not bashing, but in a lot of ways he is the anti-Jason Campbell. In some ways that can be a bad thing, but it's preferable to what we had before IMO.

JC had a good game yesterday as the Raiders upset the Jets.

I was happy to see him go too - he and the Skins badly needed a change of scenery - but I hope for the best for him.

I was happy to see him go too - he and the Skins badly needed a change of scenery - but I hope for the best for him.

I agree, I think JC just needed to 'come into his own' if you know what I mean, he was never the leader here on this team, too many dominant personalities.

Myth. He threw for 150+ yards & zero TD's... That running game is great & the defense is tough. They win in spite of him. They'd be really legit if they had a good QB.

Myth. He threw for 150+ yards & zero TD's... That running game is great & the defense is tough. They win in spite of him. They'd be really legit if they had a good QB.

:doh:

Really? Do you really need to bring JC bashing into this thread, too? There's been enough of it in the past. JC's been gone for two years now, you are allowed to be happy for him.

:doh:

Really? Do you really need to bring JC bashing into this thread, too? There's been enough of it in the past. JC's been gone for two years now, you are allowed to be happy for him.

Im bringing rational thinking into this thread. He didnt have a "good" game. You must have a low standard for QB's or some sort of sympathetic feel for the guy. He's had more than 5 years as a starter to show us what he is. A below average starting QB. If you're going to be sympathetic for a guy how about Rex Grossman who has already proved he's a better QB than Campbell ever was, has won playoff games, and has gotten no opportunities over the past 4 years while guys like Tavaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Chad Henne & other bad QB's continue to get opportunity after opportunity. Oh yeah, im so happy for Jason Campbell lol Poor Jason Campbell smh

Im bringing rational thinking into this thread. He didnt have a "good" game. You must have a low standard for QB's or some sort of sympathetic feel for the guy. He's had more than 5 years as a starter to show us what he is. A below average starting QB. If you're going to be sympathetic for a guy how about Rex Grossman who has already proved he's a better QB than Campbell ever was, has won playoff games, and has gotten no opportunities over the past 4 years while guys like Tavaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Chad Henne & other bad QB's continue to get opportunity after opportunity. Oh yeah, im so happy for Jason Campbell lol Poor Jason Campbell smh

Whatever. Talk about Grossman in this thread. If you want to ***** about Campbell why don't you start a thread about it?

Whatever. Talk about Grossman in this thread. If you want to ***** about Campbell why don't you start a thread about it?

So you can talk up Campbell with falsified information but I can't critique his performance that didn't match the claim that he had a "good" game ? The Jason Campbell coddling over the years has been ridiculous.

So you can talk up Campbell with falsified information but I can't critique his performance that didn't match the claim that he had a "good" game ? The Jason Campbell coddling over the years has been ridiculous.

Dude, this is a Redskins thread. This thread is not about Campbell.

Move to the ATN forum and go on your rant there.

First off, I didn't claim he had a good game. Secondly, who gives a **** if someone thinks he had a good game? Did it take anything away from what Grossman has done? Do you need to butt in at every chance to make sure everyone remembers that he let down a lot of people here?

Seriously, if you want to ***** about Campbell, go somewhere else.

There ought to be a board policy that the first person to mention Jason Campbell in any thread not specifically about JC gets a one week ban.

It seems like Grossman has really come into his own, I hope to see it on the field tonight.

I didnt bring up Jason Campbell. However, making a statement that I should be banned for not slurping a former underachieving Redskin is disgusting on your part.

First off, I didn't claim he had a good game. Secondly, who gives a **** if someone thinks he had a good game? Did it take anything away from what Grossman has done? Do you need to butt in at every chance to make sure everyone remembers that he let down a lot of people here?

I get this and agree with it, but people are really doing some one sided policing here. Why is it ok to say Campbell had a good game in a Grossman thread, but disagreeing with that post isn't allowed?

With that being said, there's a thread for the Campbell debate already going on in ATN, where both members can go voice their opinion.

I didnt bring up Jason Campbell. However, making a statement that I should be banned for not slurping a former underachieving Redskin is disgusting on your part.

Saying he had a good game is slurping him? Yeah, I guess you're right. Unless you say only negative things about Campbell, you're slurping him. Good policy.

I give a $% if someone "thinks" he had a good game. I didnt realize we all had to agree in harmony on this message board. If that were the case..... Message boards wouldn't exist lmao

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 12:40 PM ----------

I get this and agree with it, but people are really doing some one sided policing here. Why is it ok to say Campbell had a good game in a Grossman thread, but disagreeing with that post isn't allowed?

With that being said, there's a thread for the Campbell debate already going on in ATN, where both members can go voice their opinion.

Thank you. I'll leave this thread now so it isn't further derailed. I made my statement that Grossman has uncontrollable swag right now & he's making people eat crow.

Archived