Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the 'Skins do against the Rams = bigger statement than a W/L vs. Cowboys?

NoCalMike

The last thing the 'Skins can afford to do this Sunday in St. Louis is get into a FG kicking contest. All that will do is energize the Rams and turn the game into a "1 big play" type of game.

The 'Skins need to go down there looking for blood. They need to score early, get the crowd out of it, and give the Rams the feeling they are headed to 0-4 before halftime has started.

I didn't want to talk about this until after we played the Cowturds.

Now having said that, you're absolutely right. Lately, whenever we play the Rams we always get their best shots and they always play well against us. Steve Jackson will suddenly get over his quad injury and the Rams will look like world beaters against us. The Rams gives us all kinds of match up problems. Their 0-3 and desperate for a win, this game has nightmare written all over it.

If anyone is over looking the Rams, please don't. This team is very dangerous for us.

:helmet:

Disagree. Redskins just need to win.

Ravens were seething after losing to the Titans, and THEY needed a statement game against the Rams.

If the Redskins beat the Cowboys on national TV, that will be their statement game. They'll have a short week against the Rams and can be expected to come out flat, on the road, against the Rams. They will be looking simply to get a win and reach the bye undefeated. Meanwhile, the Rams will be desperately trying to avoid going 0-4 in a home game, and the Rams can be expected to be "up" for the game. It's a classic trap game.

I'm not looking for style points against the Rams. Just win. In a trap game on a short week after MNF, that's the only goal.

So after we lose on Monday night yet AGAIN to Dallas of ALL TEAMS, do you not think we should be seething? I personally hope and thing WE SHOULD BE!! I would hope that the Redskins go to St. Louis and blow them out. However Haslett being from St. Louis, OJ coming from St. Louis, it will probably be a hard fought game, we won't blitz this game based on Haslett's 3rd and 21 assinine call............

We always hope for a blowout game, but our Redskins always seem to get into these dogfights that go to the wire.....14-13, 16-13, type games. I would love to be able to relax at halftime with a 20+ pt lead, but sad to say it rarely happens. We always play to the level of the opponent.

If we just run the ball we will have an excellent chance to not only beat but destroy the Rams. Has anyone bothered to look at the Rams run defense? 174.3 yards per game. Dead last in the NFL. Come on guys. Just because we lost one game does not mean we will lose to the Rams. As for the op's question. I think it is a bigger statement by far than beating the Cowboys. It means we can come back from a game that we should have won. In years past no way we could do that.

You can argue that the Rams were the team that spoiled the good will for the team last year. There was some hope after beating Dallas, and with the offense looking explosive against Texas. They gained back good will the following week against Philly but things soon went crashing. Ironically that's also who we got next on the schedule. But yeah 2-2 and I think the media will go ape at this team. Personally, i think the media hypes every game early in the season way too much. When we were 2-0, I didn't per se think this team was special or for that matter not special, too early to tell IMO. 2-2 to me still would be early for a conclusive verdict but in that case I'd wonder some about the team's prospects this season, its not as if we destroyed the Cards at home, that game could have easily been a loss.

I am not in love with Rex but he's not my concern. It's the O line -- yeah they were decent in pass protection the other night but they couldn't deal it seems with either the Giants and Boys for the running game when they stacked the box. And while the defense looks good, they are showing some symptoms of last year's version in terms of giving up the big play both in the air and on the ground, especially with the game on the line. It wasn't just Dez the other night. Fitzgerald's big play was towards the end and could have been the game breaker.

Edit: rereading y post it comes off more negative than I feel. I think we win this game but yeah on the off chance we lose, I don't think it will be a fun bye week in Redskins nation

If we just run the ball we will have an excellent chance to not only beat but destroy the Rams. Has anyone bothered to look at the Rams run defense? 174.3 yards per game. Dead last in the NFL.

So true! We need to see the O-line, Hightower and Helu take it to them. Maybe on the quick surface playing indoors - this will be the game where Helu takes one to the house!

As far as the culture change of the team goes, this team needs to go into St. Louis and handle their business vs the Rams. After a loss like that, I would expect Shanny to have these men so fired up they will be ready to slap their grandmas. Period, end of discussion.

Archived