Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Impressed by the play of Kevin Barnes

LiveStrongSkins

Calm down, it's ok to say Vinny did something right. That's not even saying he was the one behind most of the solid moves like Armstrong, Fletcher, Golston, Barnes, etc... we all know Morocco Brown and Scott Campbell are the guys really involved in all of our scouting and boards. Vinny was just Dan's "yes man" whenever the big move was made. The one move I really liked and attribute to Vinny was the DHall one. That was a great move, and the way he went about signing him was, for the first time, the correct way. We gave him a one year contract to see how he does to finish the 08 season and when he proved himself as a Skin we rewarded him.

That was like the only time we made a player prove themselves a Skin first before handing them a gigantic contract. Had we done that with Brandon Lloyd we probably wouldn't be talking about how great he is as a Bronco now.

Call me baffled, I am calm on this deal. He's gone afterall and the personnel dept. is pretty much still intact and doing a great job. Vinnie probably handled the FA stuff thus Brown and Campbell should get the credit as you said.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 06:45 PM ----------

I was actually being very sarcastic lol.

Okay I'll buy that. Sorry I missed it. I am just glad he is gone, but watch him come forward taking credit for the picks and how well they have panned out.

Okay I'll buy that. Sorry I missed it. I;m just glad he is gone, but watch him come forward taking credit for the picks and how well they have panned out.

Well it's hard to say if he evaluated them or not... from the looks of it; Scott Campbell and Morrocco Brown are still here so our scouting department had to been involved in the picks as well.

So, what happens when Buchanon's suspension is over? Should we keep Buchanon given the progress of your young CBs? If we keep him, who do we relegate to the practice squad? the street?
Buchanon is the third best cover guy on the roster. They will probably practice squad Thompson.

if Fred Davis was a 'no brainer" he wouldn't have still been available late in the 2nd round.

Cal I don't quite know what your getting at, he was 1 for 3 in that round two. I only meant most, MOST of Vinnies good picks were no brainers and the later round picks and FA's were where he missed. As pointed out Brown and Campbell were on board when Vinnie was still here and probably were scouting and suggesting picks in the later years anyway. This was after Snyder realized Vinnie was no scout.

They will probably practice squad Thompson.

Don't they have to cut him and have him clear waivers to do that?

NVM...I answered my own question after reading Tandler's column. Here's the last part of from his column http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2011/09/reader-mail-what-about-moore-and-buchanon.html

"Looking at it at this moment, I think that the Redskins will keep Moore on PUP for the remainder of the season and that they will activate Buchanon and hope that Thompson can get through waivers so that he can join the practice squad. Injuries could change everything of course but that is my best guess right now. "

So, what happens when Buchanon's suspension is over? Should we keep Buchanon given the progress of your young CBs? If we keep him, who do we relegate to the practice squad? the street?

Well, it is at least 2 weeks and as many as 4 before a decision has to be made and lots of things could occur between now and then. Injuries could force our hand, Thompson play could decline or we could have an opportunity to handle the roster situation using more indirect means (reduce the number of active WR via trade). We could also cut Buchanon and he'll likely be on the street for a time, thus sort of delaying any decision we gave to make.

when we get phillip back we will have a deep secondary and a tough decision on who to let go (same with moore who i feel we should let go)

With Moore, we have as late as week 13 to shut him down (put him on IR), activate him or let him go (although the decision has to be made by week 9) and we also can make the decision to activate him as early as week 6 . There's really no good reason to let him go that I can see (except as a goodwill gesture). Probably don't want to shut him down or cut him until we as sure as can be that all the safeties on the roster will make it to the end of the season and decide if we are going to make a run or not. If we don't go with indirection on the corners, that option is still available.

Don't they have to cut him and have him clear waivers to do that?

NVM...I answered my own question after reading Tandler's column. Here's the last part of from his column http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2011/09/reader-mail-what-about-moore-and-buchanon.html

"Looking at it at this moment, I think that the Redskins will keep Moore on PUP for the remainder of the season and that they will activate Buchanon and hope that Thompson can get through waivers so that he can join the practice squad. Injuries could change everything of course but that is my best guess right now. "

Good work GoSkinz. I thought he would have to clear waivers and now we know. Glad to see Shanahan sees things the same way we do. ;-)

Archived