Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Impressed by the play of Kevin Barnes

LiveStrongSkins

I dont know why I decided to play close attention Barnes as of late, but nonetheless I have come away impressed. He has done a very good job against receivers in the slot. He is winning his matchups. I counted 3 times in the first half he completely blanketed Doucet on blitz packages, one instance specifically he took away inside position by anticipating the route causing Doucet to lose focus on his route. Sure he failed to seal the edge against the Beanie Wells cut to the outside but he plays his role very well. We have alot of guys stepping up. You hear players say covering the slot sometimes can be the toughest to guard, and so far he has done very well. I'm sure there will be games where he does not play this well, but he has been very solid. It appears the staff is fully aware of his ability to cover the slot, leaving him there even through injuries to guys in front of him.

I like him too. He's a bit light, but he makes up for it wth fearlessness. He's certainly not afraid to lay a hit.

He plays fast.

~Bang

Agreed. His length allows him to cover more area too. I am so happy we didn't rush to get Nnamdi, I wanted to see what we had with him and with Brandyn Thompson (who I think could provide good depth at dime) had before we went and broke the bank on someone older, and cut loose on this kid in particular.

Big fan of Barnes.

So, you've taken a true Wonderlic and not one of these short tests they post every year to make people think they are taking one?

I probably haven't taken a "true" Wonderlic, but I've seen example questions posted throughout the years. Middle-school questions, at best.

Where does one find a "true" Wonderlic test on the internet?

I probably haven't taken a "true" Wonderlic, but I've seen example questions posted throughout the years. Middle-school questions, at best.

Where does one find a "true" Wonderlic test on the internet?

That's what I thought.

We can debate wonderlic scores all day but he plays like he scored high, I do know that. I also know a 41 is better than a 6! He plays smart. He appears to understand tendencies. He jumped multiple intermediate routes. Thats hard to do from his position because there are a million different route combinations from the slot. To me his play shows he prepares himself well.

Most Vinnies good picks were no brainers really. And how many did he waste?

Calm down, it's ok to say Vinny did something right. That's not even saying he was the one behind most of the solid moves like Armstrong, Fletcher, Golston, Barnes, etc... we all know Morocco Brown and Scott Campbell are the guys really involved in all of our scouting and boards. Vinny was just Dan's "yes man" whenever the big move was made. The one move I really liked and attribute to Vinny was the DHall one. That was a great move, and the way he went about signing him was, for the first time, the correct way. We gave him a one year contract to see how he does to finish the 08 season and when he proved himself as a Skin we rewarded him.

That was like the only time we made a player prove themselves a Skin first before handing them a gigantic contract. Had we done that with Brandon Lloyd we probably wouldn't be talking about how great he is as a Bronco now.

Archived