Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Romo's Last 8 Starts

arkowi

"Score is tied, have four downs to work with to get us into field goal position, only need three points to win. How do I manage this...OH YEAH, I'LL THROW AT REVIS!"

Who the hell does that?

Not only does he throw at Revis, but he was attempting to get the ball to Bryant, who was gimpy. Just a very low-IQ play by Romo sits to pee.

Yes, and went on to Coach...oh wait. What?

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 08:17 PM ----------

First blush is that Tony is a terrible qb (according to most here) but in reality he is an elite qb in the 4th quarter with the score close. The stats bear that out.

Yes! Exactly. He's a joy to watch and we will miss him.

i think Romo sits to pee is pretty good. not elite, but somewhere soon after that.. he does seem to make big mistakes in crucial circumstances though.. the INT to revis didnt make any sense to me.. Romo sits to pee had to be expecting a comeback route or something..

im sure he wont make those headstratching mistakes when he plays the skins though...

I think what has helped Tony Romo sits to pee put up stats is because he has often had good players at the skill positions. When T.O. was on the Cowboys there were times I would see him seemingly open by 5 yards on cornerbacks. Those throws are easy.

When in the game Romo sits to pee struggles, is the precise reason why he is not an upper-tier QB. When the game is on the line, or the Cowboys are playing a team that can shut down the "razzle dazzle" it puts the pressure on Romo sits to pee to do more than make the "pretty throws" to wide open WRs. When Romo sits to pee is forced to read a defense and make the correct decisions, that is when he struggles.

In December, if you have teams on the schedule that have any hope of making the playoffs (even if it is a stretch of a chance) you tend to be playing them at their best and most motivated.

Ya' know man, I wouldn't even class him as that any more.

His stats are pretty and all, but when it REALLY matters, he disappears. He can't be classed as just below the top tier guys when he perennially does next to jack December on-wards.

Hail.

I totally agree with you. Everyone in the media and in Fairyboyland thinks that he is an elite QB. An Elite QB doesn't mess up like he does in crucial situations. Everyone is behind him in Dallas but if he keeps doing those things he won't be around too much longer. Maybe he needs to go somewhere else to win one because Jerry may pull the plug on him before Garrett does.

I don't get Romo sits to pee. He looks like an elite QB but there is just something missing. It's weird because when he's on, he looks as good as anyone.

What is missing many times from Romo sits to pee is heart, focus, and desire when it comes to being a winning QB.

Romo sits to pee has said as much in the past. that it would be great if he won the Super Bowl or even more in the postseason, but if he didn't... eh, whatever. No big deal. It's just a game.

That kind of caviler, and almost disinterested attitude from Romo sits to pee is what drives many Dallas fans nuts sometimes.

I get the impression that Romo sits to pee sees QBing in the NFL as just a means to an end. It gets him things he wants like lots of money most importantly, noterity, and stardom, which comes from being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

However, being a QB in the NFL is not his first love, and it shows.

I think if someone were to ask Romo sits to pee today what he would prefer to win... the Super Bowl or The Masters, I don't think anyone would be really surprised if his choice involved 18 holes instead of 16 games. :)

Romo sits to pee has said as much in the past. that it would be great if he won the Super Bowl or even more in the postseason, but if he didn't... eh, whatever. No big deal. It's just a game.

Isn't it great?

He's Haynesworth at the QB position.

Remember when Tennessee made the playoffs the year before he came here and he didn't want to play the game? Then we paid 100Mil for the dude, lol. Kinda reminds me of Romo sits to pee except Romo sits to pee shows up to play, just doesn't have it in him to win after November.

Caption this with "I'm Rich BIAATCH!!!"

tony-romo-smiling.jpg

Sorry to say, no. I'm one of those losers with a Masters degree who couldn't find decent work in my hometown, so I took a teaching job for crap wages but free apartment and cheap transportation. Been here since 2009. I have a love/hate thing with Korea. I can put away $1,500 each month, pay off credit card and student loan debt, but I have no real life to speak of. There are many 20-somethings here that love the party lifestyle here (bars with cheap, nasty booze that never close, lots of easy Asian hotties with legs a mile long, etc.), but I'm homesick. I'm ready to come home, but will probably relocate from my hometown Boise, ID, where the economy still sucks. No definite plans yet.

When you get to Boise, let's have a beer.

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 07:21 PM ----------

Sorry to say, no. I'm one of those losers with a Masters degree who couldn't find decent work in my hometown, so I took a teaching job for crap wages but free apartment and cheap transportation. Been here since 2009. I have a love/hate thing with Korea. I can put away $1,500 each month, pay off credit card and student loan debt, but I have no real life to speak of. There are many 20-somethings here that love the party lifestyle here (bars with cheap, nasty booze that never close, lots of easy Asian hotties with legs a mile long, etc.), but I'm homesick. I'm ready to come home, but will probably relocate from my hometown Boise, ID, where the economy still sucks. No definite plans yet.

BTW, keep your chin up.

You have an opportunity many would die to have. Make the most of it.

Life is a long journey...you'll be home soon enough. Enjoy what you have now.

Well, I only did the numbers for 8 games (threw out the start against the Giants, because he only threw 7 passes), and Romo sits to pee has completed about 68% of his passes, averaged 300 yards per game (300.9, to be exact), 7.67 yards per attempt, and his passer rating is 93. Generally, if you get those numbers from your QB, you expect to be better than 1-7.

I also looked at the scores in those games, and the Cowboys opponents' are averaging 24.6 ppg. Not insurmountable, by any means, and actually less than I would have guessed before looking at the scores. But I think a lot of these teams could have scored as many points as they needed to win the game.

Yes, Romo sits to pee made 2 big time mistakes in the 4th quarter against the Jets. But the whole time I was watching that game, I never felt like the lead was safe, or that the Cowboys were the better team. The Cowboys had a chance to steal one, but they couldn't get it done, in any of the 3 phases of the games. The defense with the 4th and 5th corners playing Burress and Holmes, couldn't get enough stops, the ST gave up a TD, the running game couldn't pick up a key first down, and Garrett didn't trust it inside the 5.

Clearly the 2011 Cowboys are a work in progress. Their lack of depth showed up in this game, the new OL was OK, but couldn't get it done on the ground (few teams do vs the Jets) and Romo sits to pee was never comfortable in the pocket. We saw a better than expected performance by the defense, particularly vs. the run, but eventually the lack of quality depth in the secondary showed up.

If they can get a W in SF, it'll set up an epic week 3 vs the Redskins. Can't wait!

I was floored seeing that Dallas was 241-0-1 ALL TIME when leading by 14 in the 4th quarter. That is amazing enough on its own, but when you factor in Tony Romo sits to pee running this team for the past 5 years, I doubly am floored by that stat!

Whats their record when they are up 13-0 in the fourth..........anybody?

When you get to Boise, let's have a beer.

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 07:21 PM ----------

BTW, keep your chin up.

You have an opportunity many would die to have. Make the most of it.

Life is a long journey...you'll be home soon enough. Enjoy what you have now.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, we must beer it up if the opportunity avails. Korea has its ups and downs, but I am truly grateful to be where I am now, vs. fighting with the unemployment lines. Cheers!

Archived