Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tim Hightower the best RB in NFC East?

Bonez3

I know this is a homer thread, and I'm guilty there. But....

I really think this is a legitimate discussion. Why? Soft evidence, but he ran HARD this pre-season.

But also, who else is there? Jones, nope, Bradshaw, maybe, Shady McCoy- to me a pure platoon back without half the upside of Hightower.

Guess I'm gonna be that guy who put too much stock in pre-season. But you can't fake explosiveness, speed, vision regardless if it is pre-eason, regulr season or paloffs. He looked downright EXPLOSIVE.

My predicition... Best RB in NFC East this year.

You might as well ask the question Is Helu the Best RB while your at it ... You cant be the best in a division that you haven't even racked up 1 yd in. It is McCoy hands down and he will be even better than last year if he stays healthy. He is a dual threat and was the #3 RB in total yards from scrimmage last year. He is Westbrook Jr. in the making. Hightower will be better in Shannys system but will still not be the dual threat that McCoy is .

And why would you bring up Bradshaws fumble issues - when Hightower has had the same issue over his short career.

That's a tough question to answer. Tim Hightower had played extremely well in preseason. And he's shown potential running behind the zone blocking. But preseason is way too premature. We'll see how good he really is by the fourth or fifth week of the NFL season. But Hightower, McCoy, Felix Jones, and Ahmad Bradshaw can all take it to the house.

No. If Ahmad Bradshaw cured his fumbling issues, which I hope he doesn't, he's the best in the division. McCoy's right behind him.

Every team in the division has a really good RB. Each of them has their warts though. Bradshaw and Hightower have had fumbling issues. McCoy and Jones can't stay healthy and have never carried a heavy load. You don't have to have the best. You just have to have a guy that does well in your offense.

I readily admit it's based off limited evidence, but so is scouting college athletes. At some point you just have to look at shear talent on the field, and he shined the past 4 games.

Well, today is certainly a big head to head than. Both teams have defences that could be exposed. The Giants via injury are gonna be weakened and the Skins are prolly a few pieces away still and relatively young. If Hightower outperforms Bradshaw today, I think the claim is that much closer to reality...

This is a question much better served by asking it at the end of the season. I do want to make one thing understood though. I trully hope that the naysayers in this thread understand that their arguements at this point are as completely meaningless as those of the homers here. I'll be hoping Hightower proves his detractors wrong.

Me and my fantasy team are banking on it! :fingersx:

Me too. On a side note, did anyone else find it amazing how much Hightower jumped in fantasy rankings since the beginning of preseason? There are a lot of people besides 'Skins fans that are expecting big things from this guy.

Tim Hightower - 153 carries, 736 yds, 5 TD, 4.8 ypc

Felix Jones - 185 carries, 800 yds, 1 TD, 4.3 ypc

Sean McCoy - 207 carries, 1,080 yds, 7 TD, 5.2 ypc

Ahmad Bradshaw - 276 carries, 1,235 yds, 8 TD, 4.5 ypic

That's some pretty good production right there.

You forgot one:

Brandon Jacobs- 147 carries, 823 yards, 9 TD, 5.6 ypc

I know this is a homer thread, and I'm guilty there. But....

I really think this is a legitimate discussion. Why? Soft evidence, but he ran HARD this pre-season.

But also, who else is there? Jones, nope, Bradshaw, maybe, Shady McCoy- to me a pure platoon back without half the upside of Hightower.

Guess I'm gonna be that guy who put too much stock in pre-season. But you can't fake explosiveness, speed, vision regardless if it is pre-eason, regulr season or paloffs. He looked downright EXPLOSIVE.

My predicition... Best RB in NFC East this year.

Don't even know how to respond to that. Completely ridiculous.

Archived