Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ORAKPO ON LANDRY: he's out there, he's going to be ready to go

soljaofjesus

I hope so, but still, that's uncalled for. I'm sure he was rushing them to rush him if you know what I mean, lol.

Wasn't it Lavar Arrington who wanted to rush back and play, and then blamed the staff for rushing him back to play? Let's hope this ends better than that one.

This could be something to watch. Doesn't seem like LL30 has a clear head, and puting it on the "circus staff" is the kind of stuff that got AH shipped out of here. Don't bite the hand that feeds you

- dont forget that this is a contract year. "your mouths writing cheques that your body cant cash"

This could be something to watch. Doesn't seem like LL30 has a clear head, and puting it on the "circus staff" is the kind of stuff that got AH shipped out of here. Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Wouldn't you be a little anxious if you hadn't played in 8 months, hadn't practiced, healed your Achilles, tweaked your hammy, practiced,thought you felt fine, and it was a contract year?

This could be something to watch. Doesn't seem like LL30 has a clear head, and puting it on the "circus staff" is the kind of stuff that got AH shipped out of here. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

The only difference between LL and AH is effort. And that's a huge freaking difference.

Wouldn't you be a little anxious if you hadn't played in 8 months, hadn't practiced, healed your Achilles, tweaked your hammy, practiced,thought you felt fine, and it was a contract year?

No offense to him, cus I did love watching him play last year - not so much when he was a FS and definitely not the second Eagles game... but I feel like he's been working his biceps too much and didn't worry about his Achilles as much as he should have. He said recently that he'll have the surgery next offseason (after he probably gets a new contract). Rarely do people come back 100% from that surgery and im sure thats why he's waiting. But in all honesty, he should have just had it done, IR this year, and come back to strike next year, IMHO

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 04:30 PM ----------

The only difference between LL and AH is effort. And that's a huge freaking difference.

Understandable and agree, but if their is a gripe between coaches and players... it usually takes a toll on the players as history is presented and they show demotivation in the regime

Been a long time since we've seen a 100% Landry. He's worth waiting for. With OJ back there our coverage will be a little better, even with Reed in for a few weeks. You know Landry wants that huge contract. I think it's best for him and the team that he is held out until he's completely healthy.

Understandable and agree, but if their is a gripe between coaches and players... it usually takes a toll on the players as history is presented and they show demotivation in the regime

Landry has been a nutjob since the day we drafted him. He drives a neon green lambo and has a pet monkey. This is, however, the first time I have ever seen him be critical of the "staff". It remains to be seen if this was the coaching, training or whatever staff though.

Probably just frustration that this issue is still lingering - and thus could understand lashing out at the DR. Though he should be lashing out at the ownership for locking him out and denying medical access throughout the summer to rehab. (but that won't do him any good either).

No offense to him, cus I did love watching him play last year - not so much when he was a FS and definitely not the second Eagles game... but I feel like he's been working his biceps too much and didn't worry about his Achilles as much as he should have. He said recently that he'll have the surgery next offseason (after he probably gets a new contract). Rarely do people come back 100% from that surgery and im sure thats why he's waiting. But in all honesty, he should have just had it done, IR this year, and come back to strike next year, IMHO

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 04:30 PM ----------

Well for the 16 games he's played SS he's been Probowl caliber. In reference to the Eagles game, other than the first play of the game he was the best defensive player on the Redskins D for the rest of the night even though that's not saying much. And if he was to go on IR how would he get a new contract?

Landry has been a nutjob since the day we drafted him. He drives a neon green lambo and has a pet monkey. This is, however, the first time I have ever seen him be critical of the "staff". It remains to be seen if this was the coaching, training or whatever staff though.

Probably just frustration that this issue is still lingering - and thus could understand lashing out at the DR. Though he should be lashing out at the ownership for locking him out and denying medical access throughout the summer to rehab. (but that won't do him any good either).

I agree, but with the money, go see that Dr. that Cooley saw or some other well known doc if that's what it takes. They can reimburse him. I feel like these guys are fed with a silver spoon and shouldnt need to be told what to do. All will be well if he takes the field sooner rather than later.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 04:39 PM ----------

Well for the 16 games he's played SS he's been Probowl caliber. In reference to the Eagles game, other than the first play of the game he was the best defensive player on the Redskins D for the rest of the night even though that's not saying much. And if he was to go on IR how would he get a new contract?

IR would only be this season. They could extend him after this season knowing that he's good to go. It would help both sides out instead of extending him after this season and when he has the actual surgery and may well end up on IR next year (sure hope not, just sayin)

I agree, but with the money, go see that Dr. that Cooley saw or some other well known doc if that's what it takes. They can reimburse him. I feel like these guys are fed with a silver spoon and shouldnt need to be told what to do. All will be well if he takes the field sooner rather than later.

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 04:39 PM ----------

IR would only be this season. They could extend him after this season knowing that he's good to go. It would help both sides out instead of extending him after this season and when he has the actual surgery and may well end up on IR next year (sure hope not, just sayin)

Gotcha.

Just told Rick Maese to text him and see whats up and he told me to sit tight:ols:

That is a incredibly nervous laugh....:(

I think he said he would address the media tomorrow... I expect the typical PR response - "it was all blown out of proportion, what I meant to say was... I really love Coach, yada yada yada." I want the truth though, no holding back cus that will only make things worse if there's a skeleton in the closet.

This is, however, the first time I have ever seen him be critical of the "staff". It remains to be seen if this was the coaching, training or whatever staff though.

Not the first time.

He tweeted last Sunday something that sounded like a blast at the staff. Sounded like he was frustrated about not being allowed to play yet.. this new one seems to be confirmation of that.

Honestly, at first I thought it was shots at Shanahan because of his specific reference to the term "set backs" .. but it sounds more directed at the training staff.

Either way.. it's obviously an issue and i guess we'll know more on Wednesday. (or not if its just some PR statement about all being fine)

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 05:13 PM ----------

What did the tweets say???

First tweet was last Sunday...

Quote "Don't you hate it when you absolutely know something 200% and dumbass MOFO's do the opposite of what you tell them!! Set backs WTF!!!"

Today's tweet that was deleted 30 mins later...

Quote "Uhhhh oooo it aint my fault... blame the genius circus staff for the rush. would've been out there 2wks ago. Im sry but saga cont"

Quote "Uhhhh oooo it aint my fault... blame the genius circus staff for the rush. would've been out there 2wks ago. Im sry but saga cont"

Oh okay... I thought you were talking about him taking more shots at the staff after his first tweet today..... Glade that was it

-The team had the day off today right?? They are back to work tomarrow?? Meaning that LL couldnt of had a setback today right....

It sounds to me like he's saying he's fine but that the training staff is being stupid. I can understand that being frustrating.

Ya, the guy practices like he plays on Sunday. They are holding him out of practice,,then they let him do some drills and shut him down...then they let him do a little more and shut him down. He's frustrated that they won't let him go full blast. He's calling BS on the 'setbacks' caution as he wants to practice full go and get in a groove for the game. They are tempering him so he doesn't tear his hammy going 'Dirty 30' and knocking someone out in practice. No worries.

I'm hoping that this doesn't imply that he has suffered a setback, due to the "genius circus staff" rushing or mishandling him. There's an article in Bubbas section implying that LL won't be able to play for a few more weeks.

Archived