Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ORAKPO ON LANDRY: he's out there, he's going to be ready to go

soljaofjesus

Ya sounds like he knew he wasnt 100% but the training staff pressured him into going when he wasnt ready and thats when the hammy happened and now he's fed up with rehabbing knowing it might cause him to miss a game. I don't think its yet another setback just more frustration due to the hammy.

Quote "Don't you hate it when you absolutely know something 200% and dumbass MOFO's do the opposite of what you tell them!! Set backs WTF!!!"

This sounds like he didn't want to play or practice, but the staff cleared him and made him. He didn't practice last week, did he? So that would mean that the opposite of my original thought is true and he wanted to play but the staff wouldn't let him...

Quote "Uhhhh oooo it aint my fault... blame the genius circus staff for the rush. would've been out there 2wks ago. Im sry but saga cont"

This one doesn't make much sense. This one seems like he's saying blame the staff for him not being out there... But then it sounds like he says that he would have been practicing two weeks ago if it weren't for them. Huh? These tweets make no sense whatsoever. :ols:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/laron-landrys-tweets-hint-at-setback-teams-involvement/2011/09/06/gIQASO8W7J_blog.html#pagebreak

A person with knowledge of the situation said this weekend that Landry likely will miss the start of the season and possibly more time. Tuesday evening, another person close to the situation confirmed that Landry indeed won’t be back on the field in time for the season opener because of the slowly-healing hamstring.

When reached for comment regarding Landry’s tweets and a possible setback, Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie said, “I’m not discussing that. Coach will discuss that tomorrow.”

I never doubted for a second that Landry was going to be out there. I felt that he was healthier than the Skins let on, kind of as an excuse to keep him out of preseason.

It probably didn't go down quite like that, but I'd bet if those games were regular season games, Landry would have been out there.

Doesn't matter now. Landry gets an opportunity to make up for his second season when Jacobs flattened him on opening day. I'm thinking Landry might get the better of him this time around...

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 09:23 PM ----------

I never doubted for a second that Landry was going to be out there. I felt that he was healthier than the Skins let on, kind of as an excuse to keep him out of preseason.

It probably didn't go down quite like that, but I'd bet if those games were regular season games, Landry would have been out there.

Doesn't matter now. Landry gets an opportunity to make up for his second season when Jacobs flattened him on opening day. I'm thinking Landry might get the better of him this time around...

And now that I read through the thread it appears that I am completely in the wrong, and look the buffoon for it...

Relax until Thursday and the comments are aimed at the training staff.

What is your opinion of the current training staff?

(and I saw your tweet about how you foot is better thanks to your good Drs and "not being rushed back" - I couldn't help thinking you weren't just talking about your injury...)

What is your opinion of the current training staff?

(and I saw your tweet about how you foot is better thanks to your good Drs and "not being rushed back" - I couldn't help thinking you weren't just talking about your injury...)

They can try to keep 30 quiet but I can talk :) our training staff has Mis- diagnosed quite a few situations over the last year and a half. Mike williams,Clinton Portis,Malcolm Kelly, and now Laron (again). In all of these cases players were rushed back and further injured. Cp last season with the groin, laron with the shoulder and early signs of the acillies, Malcolm with the hamstring/knee injury (wasn't rushed but bad diagnosis caused him to be IR when it wasn't neccessary). Its baffling because we supposedly upgraded in the training department due to all the hamstring issues we had under Gibbs. This year it came to a point where the training staff thought Malcolm was faking his foot injury to find out he actually had a injury later.

As I was told today.. " you don't take lambos to jiffy lube, do you? "

Archived