Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suck For Luck: I can take it

SkinzDeep

Eh, I have extremely low expectations for this season and would be ecstatic if we can get Luck. But I can't see a Shanahan-led team going 2-14. We have too much talent, and we're past the always-tough first year in the new offense and 3-4. We should dust off this thread in week 13, though. If we're in the running for the top pick then, I wouldn't say "tank," but hey, if a starter has a sore ankle, I wouldn't mind seeing him sit.

You might wanna become a fan of a other team because we don´t suck for Luck. The guy is a Manning type of persone and player, hard working, intelligent and pro ready....no way we gonna end up with that. Bengals, Raiders, San Fran, Denver and Dolphins are in way better position to get him. And don´t pull the but they just drafted a QB high, if you can get Luck you drop a project QB like Tebow, Keap abd Dalton without doubt.

You ever play scratch-off lottery tickets? That's what you're doing.

It's too late for me to do the research, and many others have, but there's enough numbers to crunch to come to the realization that TOP PICK does not = WIN. In fact, most of the past superbowl winners were not top 5 picks, blah blah, etc etc

It's too simple minded to think the top pick in next years draft = success. Can we PLEASE have faith in the new, levelheaded, football minded, experienced coaching staff we now have to determine which QB next year will be the proper draft pick. If the team does well, falls at the 15th pick, some of you will be disgusted, and that disgusts me. IF we are in that position, the coaches will act accordingly, and pick the proper player to fit the scheme. You are in a fantasy/madden world if you think the only chance of success is Andrew Luck at #1 overall. Everything in recent draft/superbowl winning history argues against that logic anyway. CHASING the top prospect never works. It shows weakness. For instance, the Panthers look ridiculous taking Clausen and now taking Newton. Oh, the Carolina Panthers are going to be great now?

You work with what you have. We have a great coach who is not concerned with next years prospects (yet), he's concerned with his ****ing team. Damnit, I'm finally sick and tired of the Andrew Luck talk. We've all talked about him so much that we've almost single handedly jinxed him.

You want a franchise QB? good for you, so do I. But I'm more excited at the idea of the defense playing great, the idea of the offense succeeding under a nobody like Rex or whoever. We've been complaining about signing all the big name guys and now want the biggest of all. The lesson to be learned from the past foolish FA/draft moves is that the T E A M has to work. I'm sorry, did you forget how annoying our D was to watch last year? Every 3rd down converted? You want a flashy name with a flashy jersey? You had that already, countless times. It didn't work.

Please, please I'm so done with this "I don't want us to tank, but I sort of do but I'd sort of be ok with it" bull****. It's garbage and it makes us look pathetic as fans. Stop it. Please.

Archived