Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Rob Ryan assumes blame for performance of Dallas defense in scrimmage

How in the hell did they get better on the O-line? They have holland at RG and rookie tyron smith at RT who will get beat like a drum..Keep dreaming on 11-5,Romo sits to pee will be killed by week 6..lol

Jones will be a significant upgrade from Columbo of last year. Columbo was a bottom 5 tackle and while the mind was willing his body just couldn't do it anymore, to slow for speed rushers and not enough knee bend so he was also susceptible to the bull rush. As for Holland even though he's a journeyman he actually outplayed Davis last year, who graded out as the WORST guard in all of football. That being said it's looking like 4th round pick David Arkin could end up starting since Holland can't stay healthy, but supposedly the Cowboys are in contract talks with Brian Waters who is 34 and was the 10th best guard in football for the Chiefs last year. Regardless Smith alone upgrades the line and gives Dallas a pair of very athletic young bookends at the tackle position.

Jones will be a significant upgrade from Columbo of last year. Columbo was a bottom 5 tackle and while the mind was willing his body just couldn't do it anymore, to slow for speed rushers and not enough knee bend so he was also susceptible to the bull rush. As for Holland even though he's a journeyman he actually outplayed Davis last year, who graded out as the WORST guard in all of football. That being said it's looking like 4th round pick David Arkin could end up starting since Holland can't stay healthy, but supposedly the Cowboys are in contract talks with Brian Waters who is 34 and was the 10th best guard in football for the Chiefs last year. Regardless Smith alone upgrades the line and gives Dallas a pair of very athletic young bookends at the tackle position.

kool-aid.gif

kool-aid.gif

I'm not saying they'll be good, only that they'll be better than the turnstiles Dallas started last year.The offense isn't my worry, I believe they were the #3 ranked offense the last 8 weeks under Garrett with 2 backup QBs. It's the defense that I am unsure about. They've shown they have the talent to be the second best in the NFL, but also the complete ineptitude to be the second worst. I think under Ryan they'll have a few amazing games, but probably 4-5 complete clunkers, success will all depend on when they happen.

I'm not saying they'll be good, only that they'll be better than the turnstiles Dallas started last year.The offense isn't my worry, I believe they were the #3 ranked offense the last 8 weeks under Garrett with 2 backup QBs. It's the defense that I am unsure about. They've shown they have the talent to be the second best in the NFL, but also the complete ineptitude to be the second worst. I think under Ryan they'll have a few amazing games, but probably 4-5 complete clunkers, success will all depend on when they happen.

I think just like the Skins you don't know if the OL is going to gel early on or not. But unlike the Skins somehow nobody in the media is acting like the Cowboys are worse off than last year. You got to admit though, you're drinking the koolaid and digging the gif?

How in the hell did they get better on the O-line? They have holland at RG and rookie tyron smith at RT who will get beat like a drum..Keep dreaming on 11-5,Romo sits to pee will be killed by week 6..lol

I smell a sig bet. If Tony Romo sits to pee is still alive on October 23 when they kickoff against the Rams, you replace your sig with a picture of him.

So, you're telling us the pukes' o-line is better because you haven't yet signed a 34 year old who graded out well last year?

Please, if Holland continues to be fragile, you'll be starting TWO rookies on the o-line. You already have an over-hyped tackle.

Watch Romo sits to pee to force things again. When he feels the pressure, he won't take a sack, he'll take a chance.

Your team is doomed.

Jerruh knows it. It's time your fanbase figures it out.

So, you're telling us the pukes' o-line is better because you haven't yet signed a 34 year old who graded out well last year?

Please, if Holland continues to be fragile, you'll be starting TWO rookies on the o-line. You already have an over-hyped tackle.

Watch Romo sits to pee to force things again. When he feels the pressure, he won't take a sack, he'll take a chance.

I'm saying the line with two rookies will still probably be better than the Columbus/Davis combo, they were amazingly awful last year as they both got too old and too slow. I know your Cowboys hate leaves you unable to see anything positive, but Free is a very good young LT, Gurode is in the 2nd tier of centers, and Kosier is solid as well. I worry quite a bit about Arkin starting, but Smith will be just fine. As for Romo sits to pee forcing things, that's really not so much part of his game anymore, he'll make some sandlot style plays but past couple years his decision making got much better, you're stuck in the past thinking him a turnover machine.

As for Romo sits to pee forcing things, that's really not so much part of his game anymore, he'll make some sandlot style plays but past couple years his decision making got much better, you're stuck in the past thinking him a turnover machine.

Not to rain on your personal parade, but Romo sits to pee put up 7 ints in just 5 1/4 games played. Averaging that out over a full year is 22 ints. Although I guess he should get some credit for the fact that he managed not to fumble once last year despite the beating he took.

I can't be responsible for poor talent evaluation by your teams' coaches.

I'm anxious to see how he chews up that pathetic offensive line your team will field.

---------- Post added August-9th-2011 at 08:45 PM ----------

In Texas, ignorance is bliss.

thats all i can take, TR1 joins Tweed on my ignore list....Good bye

I may just steal this and post it after every homer post :ols::ols::ols:
I lol'd :ols:
I rarely LOL.

That. Is. Awesome.

El to the izzo izzel.

Thanks, I actually found that and just LOL'd to myself, my wife was like "what are you laughing about?",,,it is too flippin funny, hhaaa

Not to rain on your personal parade, but Romo sits to pee put up 7 ints in just 5 1/4 games played. Averaging that out over a full year is 22 ints. Although I guess he should get some credit for the fact that he managed not to fumble once last year despite the beating he took.

it's true, but they weren't the duck and chuck interceptions of 2007, 5 of the stupid things came off passes his own receivers tipped. I think that when Romo sits to pee went down he was the #1 rated passer in the NFC and #3 in the NFL. by your same extrapolation he was also on a pace to throw 34TDs or so.

Archived