Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Jersey Change?

B55Green

Guest Spearfeather
Nah, it was just the normal white jerseys with the yellow pants. This jersey goes with the yellow helmet & yellow pants.

Not just with the yellow or gold helmets, it is simply the away uniform worn from 1969 through 1978, not just 1970 - 1971. ( When we had the gold " R " helmets )

We wore these with the " indian head " ( current ) helmets from 1972 - 1978. And a couple of times with the " spear and feather " helmet in 1969.

I like the gold pants. Don't get me wrong the classic late 80s to 90s standard white top burgundy pants look will always be near and dear to me but I wouldn't mind seeing something fresh. Not an overhaul or anything but with the rebuild I wouldn't mind seeing a fresh look to the unis as well.

Not just with the yellow or gold helmets, it is simply the away uniform worn from 1969 through 1978, not just 1970 - 1971. ( When we had the gold " R " helmets )

We wore these with the " indian head " ( current ) helmets from 1972 - 1978. And a couple of times with the " spear and feather " helmet in 1969.

I meant - currently, like the Giants game that they wore tehm.

Guest Spearfeather
I meant - currently, like the Giants game that they wore tehm.

O.K. Just didn't know if you were inferring that we only wore those jersey's with the gold " R " helmets in 1970 and 1971.

Someone please tell me they aren't going to were yellow pants anymore. Please! I'm tired of looking like Ronald McDonald.

And stop wearing red at home. Stop reaching back to looks for teams that didn't win anything.

The Redskins ARE AND ALWAYS SHOULD BE white top, red pant and white socks. Period.

If they're gonna go yellow or gold pants then they have to update the look somehow, make it modern, make it darker b/c as is it just looks like the lame copy of the Packers it was originally meant to be anyway.

That was before the Skins won 3 Super Bowls.

Either overhaul it or keep it the "Riggo Run, Doug Williams Bombing, 91 Juggernaut" championship classic.

And make the logo bigger, as big as it was in 82'.

Aren't you saying the same thing about "reaching back" when you say we should wear the white jerseys with burgundy pants from our SB years? Jerseys don't win games, talent does. Those 80s teams had talent. This team doesn't as of yet, but are on their way to a better future. And the logo wasn't bigger in 1982, the only change them made that year was the feathers wrapped around the circle.

Aren't you saying the same thing about "reaching back" when you say we should wear the white jerseys with burgundy pants from our SB years? Jerseys don't win games, talent does. Those 80s teams had talent. This team doesn't as of yet, but are on their way to a better future. And the logo wasn't bigger in 1982, the only change them made that year was the feathers wrapped around the circle.

Fact: since 1981, when Joe Gibbs consistently wore white at home, the Redskins have not made the playoffs in any season in which they wore burgundy jerseys for a home game. Whether it is correlation, causation, random coincidence, or some combination of the above, it is what it is. Until we break that streak, many people (especially those who enjoyed the glory years) will associate white jerseys at home with winning and burgundy jerseys at home with losing...and rightly so.

Re: the logo, it has changed sizes throughout the years. There was also the feather wrap style from '82 you mention, but the logo itself has changed size (definitely in 2000, and maybe at other times).

Guest Spearfeather
Fact: since 1981, when Joe Gibbs consistently wore white at home, the Redskins have not made the playoffs in any season in which they wore burgundy jerseys for a home game.

How many seasons would that be?

Most teams have an alternate jersey, and the redskins have had some, but rarely worn. The NFL still consider this their alternate, and uses it to sell jerseys.

Yea because have seen Portis, Taylor, Cooley and Moss Jerseys that are like the 70th Anniversary Throwbacks and they were not on the team the 2 years the Skins wore them.

Yep, alternate. I think we wore them last year against Titans with yellow pants. A good road look.

They haven't worn those jerseys since the 2007 Giants home game. They simply wore the gold pants with their normal white jerseys against the Titans last year. I doubt we'll see them trot these old duds out again unless they are having an anniversary celebration. Speaking of the 80th is next year. However I think we'll probably get the 1994 throwbacks again ... it has been a while

HTTR

Fact: since 1981, when Joe Gibbs consistently wore white at home, the Redskins have not made the playoffs in any season in which they wore burgundy jerseys for a home game. Whether it is correlation, causation, random coincidence, or some combination of the above, it is what it is. Until we break that streak, many people (especially those who enjoyed the glory years) will associate white jerseys at home with winning and burgundy jerseys at home with losing...and rightly so.

Re: the logo, it has changed sizes throughout the years. There was also the feather wrap style from '82 you mention, but the logo itself has changed size (definitely in 2000, and maybe at other times).

Fact: We've sucked no matter the color of the jersey. This isn't baseball, where every should be so damn superstitous.

Fact: We've sucked no matter the color of the jersey. This isn't baseball, where every should be so damn superstitous.

Yes, the team has "sucked" for the better part of 20 years but the classic uniform, the one in your avatar, still kicks *** and I'd rather hold onto something, anything that says "winning" to me.

Simply taking their current jersey and sticking on yellow pants just says "grasping at straws" and "half-*****."

As long as white-red-white is officially the team's look they should ******* use it.

All the little alterations, like using black shoes, the all-white combo, the red at home, the all-red, the yellow pants, the arrowhead throwbacks at home, the yellow helmets, have all sucked by comparison IMHO.

I'm all for variation but give me the "championship classic" for 12-14 games a year UNLESS they want to do a complete overhaul which could also be cool.

But going back to "loser" Redskins throwbacks of the 50s, 60s, and 70s is just dumb to me especially when they take the Indian off the helmet.

Yes, the team has "sucked" for the better part of 20 years but the classic uniform, the one in your avatar, still kicks *** and I'd rather hold onto something, anything that says "winning" to me.

Simply taking their current jersey and sticking on yellow pants just says "grasping at straws" and "half-*****."

As long as white-red-white is officially the team's look they should ******* use it.

All the little alterations, like using black shoes, the all-white combo, the red at home, the all-red, the yellow pants, the arrowhead throwbacks at home, the yellow helmets, have all sucked by comparison IMHO.

I'm all for variation but give me the "championship classic" for 12-14 games a year UNLESS they want to do a complete overhaul which could also be cool.

But going back to "loser" Redskins throwbacks of the 50s, 60s, and 70s is just dumb to me especially when they take the Indian off the helmet.

And "again" talent wins, not uniform colors. We've lacked talent the last 20 years.

Hello, the Redskins were NOT losers in the 70s. they actually only had one season below .500. They were 91/52/1 in the 70s.

I will take that nowadays! In the playoffs 50% of the time now I would be much happier.

As far as the Yellow Pants. I love them and wish they would wear them more, along with the dark jerseys at home. **** letting Dallas come into our house and wear blue.

Right, but this is a thread about jerseys.

I wasn't the one who changed the subject as to how good or bad we are in whatever colored jerseys. I was just adding to the conversation.

As a matter of fact, your post was the first one to bring up winning and losing with regards to jersey color (see page 2), so just saying....

Guest Spearfeather

Officially the teams look? What's our official look?

White with burgundy is not our classic look. Burgundy with gold is.

Hello, the Redskins were NOT losers in the 70s. they actually only had one season below .500. They were 91/52/1 in the 70s.

I will take that nowadays! In the playoffs 50% of the time now I would be much happier.

As far as the Yellow Pants. I love them and wish they would wear them more, along with the dark jerseys at home. **** letting Dallas come into our house and wear blue.

Dallas and Dallas fans actually hate when the team has to wear blue. Their record is awful when they can't wear their precious white jerseys for whatever reason.

HTTR

Dallas and Dallas fans actually hate when the team has to wear blue. Their record is awful when they can't wear their precious white jerseys for whatever reason.

HTTR

I know they were pretty damn good in blue in Fedex for many years. So I can't say that I agree with that.

Speaking of jerseys...Am I the only one who thinks a Gold / Yellowish jersey with Burgundy pants would look good? Think one similar to what the QBs wear in practice.

Overall, I wouldn't mind a slight alteration to the jerseys, especially if we keep the gold pants. The big reason...the gold pants have 3 stripes while the white / burgundy jerseys have 2 stripes. Simply add another stripe to them, and that's about the only change I'd make to them.

For the record, this is my favorite look:

London+Fletcher+Washington+Redskins+v+New+J9XIcSDsPfNl.jpg

Archived