Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now's the time to pursue Nnamdi Asomugha!

dirtyJerz

Sighs.

Will we EVER learn? Not that I'm any more of a football mind than the next guy on here, but I utterly despair at the 'sense', (and I use that term VERY loosely); of certain sections of the fan base at times.

Oh, that would be a BIG ass NO to paying top dollar for a 30 year old FA during a rebuild. And one who, as good as he is, has a skill set better suited elsewhere.

Hail.

I hope he signs with anyone but the Jets so Greeny will shut up and I don't have to listen to him anymore. We really have more pressing needs especially with say a Clements now available we don't need to waste the money on him far too many other holes to fill.

Hopefully he signs in the AFC but Tampa could grab him.

I like, to an extent, the moves on defense and instead of making the big splash we can still wait and raid the Practice squads of teams that run a similar scheme of players to fill positions of need on defense.

From a negotiation standpoint I can't imagine why now would be the time to pursue him. The guy is quiet, and I'm sure he makes sure that extends to his agent. Teams have no incentive to advertise their offers to him while he's still on the open market.

Just because we aren't hearing about it, does not mean his value has dropped or interest has waned.

edit: I assume (and this is as uneducated a guess as there is) that Nnamdi is deciding whether he can live with turning down major money to play in NY or possibly SF. Or even deciding where he would prefer to play. It might not be about the money at all. This guy is not your typical top tier CB.

i like Nade but i was thinking we should go aft Johnathna joeseph, very good and young cb. and we let him sign with the texans. hasavin joeseph signed with the bucs? we need another guard and a rt.lb help and a starter caliber cb. and by our slow movement on some of this we may either miss out completely or be forced to enter the nadi sweepstakes.we also still need a nose tackle, coefield is not i repeat is not a 3-4 nose tackle.

i thought the cowboys were cap poor and needed to restructure in order to get below the cap? How could they come up with the cash?

Mike Florio is reporting that it's down to the Cowboys and the Jets.....Tampa was never in the running and the 49ers dropped out. He's probably pricing himself out.

Archived