Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help from fellow ES'ers: How well do you know Atlanta?

Rocky21

Hey Tailgaters. If you know Atlanta well I need your help please.

My honey has to travel to Atlanta twice a year to go to a convention downtown. The hotels downtown are around $200 a night and she has to stay for several nights so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

Anyone know a hotel that is a VERY short walk to the MARTA?

Thanks in advance.

Rocky

I'm in Atlanta for a conference right now. Been taking the MARTA all over. Where is her conference downtown?

I'm staying at the Crown Plaza Ravina Perimeter...so it's not too close to downtown, but the MARTA is only a couple blocks away and there are lots of reasonably priced restaurants around here. Unfortunately, I have no idea how much it costs to stay here.

I'm in Atlanta for a conference right now. Been taking the MARTA all over. Where is her conference downtown?

I'm staying at the Crown Plaza Ravina Perimeter...so it's not too close to downtown, but the MARTA is only a couple blocks away and there are lots of reasonably priced restaurants around here. Unfortunately, I have no idea how much it costs to stay here.

That's a funny coincidence.

I checked this hotel on-line and it looks like it's about a 4 block walk from the MARTA.

That's a funny coincidence.

I checked this hotel on-line and it looks like it's about a 4 block walk from the MARTA.

Sounds about right. I had no problem carrying my luggage in heels those 4 blocks in the heat the other day, it's not a bad walk at all, except the cross walk signs don't work, so we had to jaywalk. But other than that, I'm happy with the access to the MARTA and the mall right across the street that houses a nordstrom and bloomingdals :D

Where is she going off of the MARTA ?

I would stay at the Residence Inn right downtown. I think it is only about 100 a night.

Last time I was there I stayed at the Doubletree. It was reasonable and a great location for my plans.

Thanks KH. The stops she takes is Peachtree Center. The Residence Inn is booked solid while she is in town and I can't find a Doubletree anywhere near there.

Thanks KH. The stops she takes is Peachtree Center. The Residence Inn is booked solid while she is in town and I can't find a Doubletree anywhere near there.

There's an entrance to Peachtree Center MARTA right under my building. Tell her to stop in and say hi (j/k)

She come here for one of the Marts? Is that why she has to pay for her own hotel?

Close by there's a Holiday Inn, Hyatt Regency, Holiday Inn and 2 Marriotts, all of which I would normally expect to be under $200. Failing that, there are a lot of MARTA stations around. Pick a station several stops north or east of the city (map at www.itsmarta.com) and see what you can find out. With how late some of those conferences get out, she might not feel safe walking 4 blocks by herself around some of the stations particularly south and west. If you click on a station at the site, I believe it will tell you the names of some nearby hotels.

---------- Post added July-26th-2011 at 05:42 PM ----------

I know that it's a crappy sports town. :silly:

It's true.

Lots of passion for college football. People were spoiled by the Braves for a while, but interest has pretty well picked back up. And that's about where it ends...

Archived