Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you request a refund if games are cancelled due to the lock out?

EternalSkinsFan

The first home preseason game is fast approaching and the lockout is still in effect. If a CBA is not reached in time to play the August 12th game (or more) will you request a refund or will you allow the Redskins to apply your refund to next season's balance?

I don't think we have a choice on this. It will be credited against the 2012 invoice. I guess the only way you could get your money back would be not to renew your tix for 2012.

---------- Post added July-4th-2011 at 02:12 PM ----------

STH pay the same price for all 10 games and you can NOT opt out of the preseason games. My seats are $64 + 10% PG County tax ($70.40) per seat per game, so $704 for the season. Preseason tix aren't worth much on the secondary market. I am hoping the first preseason game is called off so I don't have to pay full price to see the starters play 1-2 Qtrs. BTW, I would NEVER pay face value for a preseason ticket.

Rodger Goodell made a statement when the lockout started that all teams would have to refund $ paid, but cant remember if he said it was optional or not

EDIT: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-11-30-nfl-ticket-refunds_N.htm.

I for one would want mine back! I would rather collect interest on it then letting Danny boy do so

Gibbs yes

Also if any pre season games are canceled, I would seriously hope we could get refunds for said games

So you can't purchase a season ticket to the Redskins without buying two pre-season games as well? I presume they bump up the cost rather than are thrown in for free.

That would seriously P me off. Why should I be forced to pay for exhibition games that are little more than glorified scrimmages? Isn't the cost of the 8 regular season games enough to bare already?

Hail.

So you can't purchase a season ticket to the Redskins without buying two pre-season games as well? I presume they bump up the cost rather than are thrown in for free.

That would seriously P me off. Why should I be forced to pay for exhibition games that are little more than glorified scrimmages? Isn't the cost of the 8 regular season games enough to bare already?

Hail.

This is one of my biggest complaints about being a STH. Unfortunately, the Skins are no different than about half the league who also charge full price for preseason games.

That's why any STH would prefer an 18 game regular schedule because at least one of the pre season games becomes a regular season game.

Hail.

This has gone on for YEARS, and hockey and baseball do it too (If you have home spring training games like Philly and such). This is business, they know they'll get 500 tickets sold (you know what i mean) if they didn't force season ticket holders to pay for them.

Why do you think so many people go to the games, they are forced.

Well that sucks, to be polite.

I know there's been a lot of discord in soccer in England for one with certain clubs trying to force any ST holder to purchase additional tickets for cup games above and beyond the price of the season ticket as a prerequisite to purchasing a ST. Manchester United under the Glazer ownership (he of the Tampa Bay Buccs) for one have seen a serious backlash from ST holders totally opposed to being forced to pay for extra tickets that should be a freedom of choice. Shrugs, I guess it must be a common American practice and if it's what your used to, it's what you do.

I don't think we realise at times what power we have as fans if we'd only stick together as one. Without fans in the stadium, there is NO game. Without that ambience, TV has no product. Sadly, we don't stick together. And if one person rebels and says no, the organizations don't care as there's always some other chump ready to stump up his bucks to buy your seat.

It's a vicious circle.

Hail.

I suspect the Redskins will offer incentives towards applying your refund to next year's balance. It's a win win for them. They keep your money and more importantly it signifies your intentions to renew next year. Complimentary Orakpo Jerseys perhaps?

>> Probably more like complimentary Haynesworth jerseys.......

From what I've heard, they will give it back or you can put it towards next season, correct? In that case I'd just leave it for next year, that way I know I have nothing to worry about, either way it sounds like a deal is going to get done so I'm not worried about it at this point.

Archived