Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The US Open Thread (Congressional Country Club in Bethesda)

skinfan2k

Congressional is a few miles from here, very nearby

And apparently anyone can participate and qualify for the US Open, if I weren't so lazy and if I knew how to play golf I'd qualify

Have like a commoner come to congressional and beat allt he pros lol

3rd longest course in tournament history? Who is going this weekend? I am going friday. It looks like this is gonna be a low scoring tourney

Cool, hope you have a good time. Please don't be that "get in hole" guy :D

US Opens are always tough to pick a winner, it only takes one unknown european to get hot and the entire weekend gets all whacky. Its been awhile since i've seen Congressional (I think Tiger has his tournament there a couple years ago either on 4th o' July), and if I remember correctly I think Sergio played very well there that weekend, and I think Adam Scott did as well, but I can't remember exactly. It might actually be a pretty good weekend for A Scott with having Stevie on the bag. Could make for a good "stir the pot" kinda story for the press if he does?

http://twitter.com/NJ_StevePoliti/statuses/80961158806388736

Tiger Woods is out at the Open. Here's my column on why his replacement represents everything good about this event. http://bit.ly/iw1lLv
But the U.S. Open is every bit about off-the-radar golfers as it is about the multimillionaires. Players like Whitehead get the chance to walk the same fairways as Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els, sharing the same locker rooms and chasing the same trophy.

Woods is out. Whitehead is in. An opportunity lost for a great champion at Congressional is one gained for a young player starting his journey in a sport that’s just about the only thing they have in common.

“Woods and Whitehead in the same article,” the GWRTW said. “I’m glad he listened to his doctor this time.”

Archived