Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 months later...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29170757/georgetown-mac-mcclung-withdraw-nba-draft-process-enter-transfer-portal

Mac McClung transferring from Georgetown.  Patrick Ewing's tenure at Georgetown continues to get worse.  I'd say he has two more years to prove something, otherwise it will be time to move on.  The amount of transfers and undisciplined behavior has been troubling.  And mainly, the product on the court has been mediocre. 

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching the game vs. UMBC. Steve Buckhantz on the call! UMBC has a player (Darnell Rogers) that is 5'2.

Expectations are low this year for Georgetown. Not much depth. Can't believe Pickett is a senior, seems like yesterday he was a highly regarded freshman. I hope he can ball out this year. Jamari Sibley is our best freshman this year. I just wanna see some strides being made. Win some close games against good teams. Making the tournament would be a huge accomplishment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice win against Marquette today, Hoyas dominated.  Play Villanova tomorrow.  Hoyas are going to have to win the Big East tournament to make the big dance.  I think the team has slowly gotten better throughout the year, which reflects well on Ewing.  I really like how Wahab has developed, very skilled big man.  Still, they have a long way to go.  Hopefully next year they can make a big leap with a solid recruiting class coming in.  Aminu Mohammed is the highest rated recruit they've had in a long time.  Riley and Mutombo should be solid too.

• Thanks 1

I really liked hearing Ewing talk to the broadcasters on FS1 after the game.  He is a well-spoken guy who really wants to win you can tell.  Poised with obviously tons of knowledge about the game.  

Wahab and Harris were absolutely tremendous down the stretch.  Hoyas were down 5 with like 1:20 left and they were able to make plays and get to the line, then sink the free throws.  They were actually 23/23 from the line.  That is some sort of record they were saying on the broadcast.

Hoyas open as 8 point underdogs.  It will be their fourth game in four days.  Large task, but I think they will be ready!  This would be the biggest win for the program in quite some time and a gigantic accomplishment for a team that no one had winning anything before the season started.  Georgetown has not won the Big East tournament since 2007, and before that it was 1989.