Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 1 month later...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35381864/georgetown-sets-dubious-mark-25th-straight-big-east-loss

Georgetown set a dubious Big East record on Wednesday night, losing its 25th straight regular-season conference game to break a tie with DePaul for the longest such streak in the history of the league.

The Hoyas were tied with Villanova at halftime but were outscored by 16 in the second half en route to a 73-57 loss in Washington. Primo Spears, Georgetown's leading scorer at 16 points per game, was held to eight points on 3-of-12 shooting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35816266/patrick-ewing-hoyas-lose-big-big-east-blowout-end-rough-year

NEW YORK -- Patrick Ewing walked off the court alone Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden, the site of his greatest moments as both an NBA player and Georgetown's coach, after another blowout loss that might have been his final game leading the Hoyas.

Last-place Georgetown (7-25) was eliminated by sixth-seeded Villanova 80-48 in the first round of the Big East tournament. School officials have given no indication of whether Ewing will be back for a seventh season, but he fell to 75-109 as coach of the program he lead to three Final Fours and a national title as player.

"No thoughts about my future," Ewing said. "The (last) two season's been rough. Disappointed in the outcomes of these last two years. My future's in the hands of our president and our AD and the board of the directors."

Athletic director Lee Reed declined to comment on Ewing's status.

"My thoughts are with those kids right now," Lee said outside of the Georgetown locker room. "It's been a long year."