Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which group got the best upgrade?

Hitman21ST

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

^^I'm gonna be specific here talking only about 1 thing: Kelly has much better hands then Hankerson.

By all accounts Kelly's hands are his best attribute; Hankerson has inconsistent hands.

The difference I've seen is that FOCUS is Hankerson's problem. Which I know effects his hands in a big way. But from what I've seen and read, when he can focus, he's got great hands. The biggest in the draft, as well.

The difference I've seen is that FOCUS is Hankerson's problem. Which I know effects his hands in a big way. But from what I've seen and read, when he can focus, he's got great hands. The biggest in the draft, as well.
I should have used the quote feature but hitman wrote thank Hankerson has just as good hands as Kelly, but Hankerson's hands are mentioned in every scouting report I've read about him as question mark, Kelly hands are his strong suit, Tana has said that Kelly has the best hands on the team.

I should have used the quote feature but hitman wrote thank Hankerson has just as good hands as Kelly, but Hankerson's hands are mentioned in every scouting report I've read about him as question mark, Kelly hands are his strong suit, Tana has said that Kelly has the best hands on the team.

Oh, I know.

I was just injecting my thoughts. He could have great hands and lack focus. For instance, Larry Fitz is known for his incredible focus when going up for the ball.

Dline. The fact that oline is not even listed, given our decade struggle there, is a shame. Ignored again. I guess using our pick two years ago will last us another 10 years.

The draft of Williams was last year, not two years ago. As to whether or not we've been working on the offensive line, I'd suggest paying closer attention to who we have, how we got them, and their experience level. (Clue.. not everyone has to be a draft pick to succeed, especially along the line. Joe Jacoby ring a bell?)

Eric Cook is a center who will be entering his second year of development, Clint Oldenburg is another young developmental OL, Selvish Capers is another young developmental OL signed in January, Will Montgomery played well in his opportunities last year, and is only in his fifth season. Kory Lichtensteiger is in his 3rd year and other than Williams, I thought was our most consistent blocker, and our best run blocker.

All told we have currently FOURTEEN offensive linemen on the roster, and only two of them have been in the league for ten years or more. (Hicks and Brown) Of the other 12, only two of THEM have been in the league for more than 6 years.

So we have ten offensive linemen in their 20s, and the majority of them are in their first - fifth seasons.

So it's safe to say that they have been working on the line, and you just don't know it.

~Bang

The draft of Williams was last year, not two years ago. As to whether or not we've been working on the lines, I'd suggest paying closer attention to who we have, how we got them, and their experience level.

Eric Cook is a center who will be entering his second year of develpment, Clint Oldenburg is another young developmental OL, Selvish Capers is another young developmental OL signed in January, Will Montgomery played well in his opportunities last year, and is only in his fifth season. Kory Lichtensteiger is in his 3rd year.

All told we have currently FOURTEEN offensive linemen on the roster, and only two of them have been in the league for ten years or more. (Hicks and Brown) Of the other 12, only two of THEM have been in the league for more than 6 years.

So we have ten offensive linemen in their 20s, and the majority of them are in their first - fifth seasons.

So it's safe to say that they have been working on the line, and you just don't know it.

~Bang

There are quite a few projects on the "roster", but I guess a project is better than totally ignoring the O line. Brown was injured, but did not impress me at all. I thought that his contract was up this year. Lets hope some of these guys see some playing time and can make an impact. As stated, by biggest concern is the center position. Cook is still developing. Kory's natural position was center and he could certainly play there if needed. You and I have seen plenty of poor O line play over the last decade and lets hope we can get back close to the days of the Hogs (just in a zone blocking scheme)

Hail

Seems like a lot of projects in there, but I guess a project is better than totally ignoring the O line. Brown was injured, but did not impress me at all. I thought that his contract was up this year. Lets hope some of these guys see some playing time and can make an impact. As stated, by biggest concern is the venter position. Cook is still developing. Kory's natural position was center and he could certainly play there if needed. You and I have seen plenty of poor L line play over the last decade and lets hope we can get back close to the days of the Hogs (just in a zone blocking scheme)

Hail

While I agree with you in principal.. linemen don't always have to be blue chip draftees to be effective. Sometimes these meat and taters types are what we need.

I think it's safe to say that we have a lot of needs, and we aren't going to be able to address them all in two seasons,, maybe in three.

So they do what they can with what they've got, and acquire the best prospects they can find along the way.

Totally agree with Jamal Brown,, it's looking like a waste of time. I hope I'm wrong, because if not we've got a hole at RT.

if there's ONE luxury on the OL... we don't have any problem players making a ton of cash who are distracting the team and needing to be replaced immediately. I think that also fed into making some picks that folks are questioning,, namely Jenkins.

~Bang

While I agree with you in principal.. linemen don't always have to be blue chip draftees to be effective. Sometimes these meat and taters types are what we need.

I think it's safe to say that we have a lot of needs, and we aren't going to be able to address them all in two seasons,, maybe in three.

So they do what they can with what they've got, and acquire the best prospects they can find along the way.

Totally agree with Jamal Brown,, it's looking like a waste of time. I hope I'm wrong, because if not we've got a hole at RT.

if there's ONE luxury on the OL... we don't have any problem players making a ton of cash who are distracting the team and needing to be replaced immediately. I think that also fed into making some picks that folks are questioning,, namely Jenkins.

~Bang

I do have high hopes for Capers and Cook, I think both can be contributors this year, My fear is always we groom these guys, get them ready to play, get them on the practice squad and get them snatched up by another team. With our limited options, I would prefer to get them some real game experiences and see what they have, even if they are a bit raw. Hopefully, there will be football soon and maybe some FA pick ups and solidify this group. As always, good to chat with you Bang.

Hail

I do have high hopes for Capers and Cook, I think both can be contributors this year, My fear is always we groom these guys, get them ready to play, get them on the practice squad and get them snatched up by another team. With our limited options, I would prefer to get them some real game experiences and see what they have, even if they are a bit raw. Hopefully, there will be football soon and maybe some FA pick ups and solidify this group. As always, good to chat with you Bang.

Hail

good to chat with you as well, especially on such an all around happy occasion. A great draft weekend, OBL dead,, sun is shining and life is good.

I hope with the seeming "culture change" we're seeing that might mean that we don't have such a split between the Haves and Have Nots on our roster that makes it so easy for others to poach our players.

PLUS,, if we can turn around the record,, players tend to stay when you're winning and have consistency among the coaching staff and leadership.

I have hopes, and this weekend showed me they are not just false hopes like they have been in the past. We may not succeed, but it certainly will NOT be for a lack of trying and working hard the right way.

HAIL!

~Bang

I think the two rbs will add significantly to the whole production. Torain is great but Durable???

Exactly. Here's some stats I posted elsewhere on the two RB's we drafted.

Helu - 578 career carries - 5.9 YPC (6.62 YPC and a touchdown every 17 carries last year)

Royster - 686 career carries - 5.73 YPC (413 carries in the last two years ALONE, and all time rushing record for Penn State)

We got two work horses, it'd be almost impossible for one of them to not pan out.

Exactly. Here's some stats I posted elsewhere on the two RB's we drafted.

Helu - 578 career carries - 5.9 YPC (6.62 YPC and a touchdown every 17 carries last year)

Royster - 686 career carries - 5.73 YPC (413 carries in the last two years ALONE, and all time rushing record for Penn State)

We got two work horses, it'd be almost impossible for one of them to not pan out.

did i hear them say at the draft that Helu had a 7.0 YPC for this past year? thats not too shabby...

did i hear them say at the draft that Helu had a 7.0 YPC for this past year? thats not too shabby...

I got 6.62 here (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/388026/roy-helu-jr)

If you take out the bowl game it's 6.84, I think they just rounded up. Doesn't take away from how awesome these stats are. He did have four games with over 11 YPC last season, including 28 carries for 307 yards and 3 TD's against Aldon Smith and Blaine Gabbert's Missouri.

I got 6.62 here (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/388026/roy-helu-jr)

If you take out the bowl game it's 6.84, I think they just rounded up. Doesn't take away from how awesome these stats are. He did have four games with over 11 YPC last season, including 28 carries for 307 yards and 3 TD's against Aldon Smith and Blaine Gabbert's Missouri.

Going into hundredths of a yard when talking about ypc is pointless. 1/100 of a yard is about .33 inches.

Just say 6.8 yards.

This is a good question. I voted for the DL because of how bad it was last season. With WR, we at least had a playmaker in Moss and a raw Anthony Armstong. But on the line we had a bunch a stiffs with Fat Albert

Jarvis Jenkins.

Seems like a good NT prospect, but we passed on some true DE types IMO. White will probably make me eat those words, but I am a little curious why we went with him instead of someone like Greg Romeus or Lawrence Guy. DE is still a weak spot I think.

Seems like a good NT prospect, but we passed on some true DE types IMO. White will probably make me eat those words, but I am a little curious why we went with him instead of someone like Greg Romeus or Guy Lawrence. DE is still a weak spot I think.

Jenkins will play DE. Chris Nield will play NT.

Archived