Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For any rich Galactica fans

Larry

While I have to say I'm one of those people who gets really ticked at things like Star Wars fans trying to claim that George Lucas invented the idea that spaceports would have bars, or that somewhere there might be a desert planet . . .

Yeah, Battlestar Galactica was pretty blatantly designed to try to be as close to Star Wars as they could legally get.

While I have to say I'm one of those people who gets really ticked at things like Star Wars fans trying to claim that George Lucas invented the idea that spaceports would have bars, or that somewhere there might be a desert planet . . .

Yeah, Battlestar Galactica was pretty blatantly designed to try to be as close to Star Wars as they could legally get.

Might explain why they're two of my favorite sci-fi's then :)

For $1500 it should come with a 1:1 scale model of Starbuck.

Oh, I'm a Star Wars fan, but I agree on the first part...that's just blatantly a rip-off of an X-Wing type of starfighter.

I was hoping this was a full-size Cylon costume, complete with the functioning red light. Alas, I leave this thread disappointed. :(

There's a thread with a conversation about "the poor, picked-on, white guy" I can direct you to, that won't disappoint you, like this one did :)

There's a thread with a conversation about "the poor, picked-on, white guy" I can direct you to, that won't disappoint you, like this one did :)

ZING! :ols:

I won't even shoot back. A rare one-hitter-quitter from you sir. :cheers:

Hold on. *Puts on geek glasses* :geek: Hmmmm. I think my brother still has a couple of toys from the original series including a Viper. I know he as a DieCast of UFO,(way old). Speaking of the Viper. Of course it's a bit of a rip off of Star Wars. Jon Dykstra went from Star Wars to Galactica so there would be....."similarities",(timing of the show not withstanding). As for said similarities, I'm pretty sure it would be the Xwing since the Awing didn't show up until after Galactica was well underway. Unless of course Dykstra was privy to some concept art before going to do Galactica.

*Removes glasses*

:)

Oh and no. I wouldn't buy it even if I did have the money.

Oh and no. I wouldn't buy it even if I did have the money.

Now, I'll admit that I've bought several really high-quality props from a now-defunct company called Master Replicas. Things like buying a Star Trek TOS phaser, tricorder, and communicator, for 5-6 hundred a piece. So I'm not allergic to putting on my geek.

If this thing was more like $500-700, I might think about it. But not at that price.

That's from Battlestar Galactica? Talk about stealing some design elements from Star Wars.

You 2 missed the perfect opportunity for a :saber:

Archived