Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA playoff pick em contest (congrats to the winner: NeckBone!)

royallypwned

I apologize, I just noticed I screwed up the standings in my last post. I had updated the standings I had posted BEFORE the ones I should have updated, so the ones I posted last were a little bottom heavy. That is all fixed now.

Big winner tonight is Fanboy. 14 people had Miami getting to the ECF, but he is the first and only person to get bonus points in the 2nd round for nailing Miami over Boston in 5. Congrats! That is six points to you. :) But for now, we have a new leader: TRPB. He and NeckBone are the only two to correctly put both Miami and Dallas into the conference finals. The * by a team is for bonus points in the 2nd round. Obviously, only Fanboy has one of those right now.

Also, I will start making a note of who has been eliminated. But that will take a little longer.

(20) TonyRomoProBowl (Heat, Mavs)

(19) NeckBone (Bulls)

(18) Bubble Screen (Bulls, Heat)

(18) BigMike21 (Heat, Mavs)

(17) Bibby (Bulls, Heat, Mavs)

(17) MattFancy (Heat)

(17) Drop (Thunder)

(17) FanboyOf91 (Bulls, Heat*)

(16) G.A.C.O.L.B. (Thunder, Mavs)

(16) MLSKINS (Thunder)

(16) skinswillwin06 (Bulls, Mavs)

(15) THUNDERDOME (Heat)

(15) Rdskns2000 (Mavs)

(15) SKiNz Jus 2 sick (Thunder)

(14) The Sir (Bulls, Heat)

(14) RichmondRedskin88 (Bulls, Heat)

(14) Warhead36 (Heat, Mavs)

(14) RedskinsFan28

(13) CoolUsernameHere (Bulls, Thunder, Lakers)

(13) terrifNick21

(13) royallypwned (Heat)

(12) SkinsKin26

(10) skinfan2k

^ :ols: Funny how I mention Fanboy had a good night, but after looking at the remaining picks closely, I have determined that he has already been eliminated. Bubble Screen has the exact same remaining possible points as Fanboy, so any point Fanboy gets from now on will also go to BS, which means BS will always be a point ahead. Ouch. Bubble Screen **** block. :ols:

Here are the detailed standings. The first number is your current point total. The second number is your max point potential. Those who have a # next to their points has been eliminated.

(20)(51) TonyRomoProBowl (Heat, Mavs)

(19)(57) NeckBone (Bulls)

(18)(35) Bubble Screen (Bulls, Heat)

(18)(28) BigMike21 (Heat, Mavs)

(17)(37) Bibby (Bulls, Heat, Mavs)

(17)(30) MattFancy (Heat)

(17)(34) Drop (Thunder)

#(17)(34) FanboyOf91 (Bulls, Heat*)

#(16)(33) G.A.C.O.L.B. (Thunder, Mavs)

(16)(46) MLSKINS (Thunder)

#(16)(29) skinswillwin06 (Bulls, Mavs)

(15)(36)THUNDERDOME (Heat)

#(15)(32) Rdskns2000 (Mavs)

(15)(40) SKiNz Jus 2 sick (Thunder)

#(14)(24) The Sir (Bulls, Heat)

(14)(46) RichmondRedskin88 (Bulls, Heat)

#(14)(18) Warhead36 (Heat, Mavs)

#(14)(27) RedskinsFan28

(13)(45) CoolUsernameHere (Bulls, Thunder, Lakers)

#(13)(29) terrifNick21

(13)(35) royallypwned (Heat)

#(12)(28) SkinsKin26

#(10)(20) skinfan2k

Yes, somehow I can still win this.

Bulls in 6 it is. Most everyone had the Bulls in the ECF, but Bibby is the only one who had them beating the Hawks in the 2nd round. Plus, he also said it would be in 6 games, so two bonus points goes to him! Nobody else was eliminated tonight, but things will get a lot more clear if OKC wins tomorrow.

(24)(51) TonyRomoProBowl (Heat, Mavs)

(23)(37) Bibby (Bulls, Heat, Mavs, Bulls*)

(23)(57) NeckBone (Bulls)

(22)(35) Bubble Screen (Bulls, Heat)

(21)(30) MattFancy (Heat)

(21)(34) Drop (Thunder)

#(21)(34) FanboyOf91 (Bulls, Heat*)

#(20)(33) G.A.C.O.L.B. (Thunder, Mavs)

#(20)(29) skinswillwin06 (Bulls, Mavs)

(19)(36)THUNDERDOME (Heat)

#(19)(32) Rdskns2000 (Mavs)

(19)(40) SKiNz Jus 2 sick (Thunder)

#(18)(24) The Sir (Bulls, Heat)

(18)(46) RichmondRedskin88 (Bulls, Heat)

#(18)(27) RedskinsFan28

(18)(28) BigMike21 (Heat, Mavs)

(17)(45) CoolUsernameHere (Bulls, Thunder, Lakers)

#(17)(29) terrifNick21

(17)(35) royallypwned (Heat)

(16)(46) MLSKINS (Thunder)

#(16)(28) SkinsKin26

#(14)(18) Warhead36 (Heat, Mavs)

#(14)(20) skinfan2k

:doh: I feel so stupid right now. Why did I pick the Magic to make the ECF :doh:

I don't care about the contest anymore, I want the Bulls to beat the Heat. Wouldn't mind the Thunder still making the Finals though......

You can still win though because you still have both finalists remaining. You and only five other people can say that. However, you really need OKC to not only win their series vs Memphis, but win it tomorrow in 6 so you can get the bonus.

You can still win though because you still have both finalists remaining. You and only five other people can say that. However, you really need OKC to not only win their series vs Memphis, but win it tomorrow in 6 so you can get the bonus.

Yeah. I guess I win either way. If the Heat lose, I am happy because they are out. If they win it all, I could possibly receive an autographed picture of one of the greatest athletes of all-time. :whoknows:

Yeah. I guess I win either way. If the Heat lose, I am happy because they are out. If they win it all, I could possibly receive an autographed picture of one of the greatest athletes of all-time. :whoknows:

If it were my choice, I'd take the loss. :ols:

terrifNick nailed Thunder over Grizzlies in 7 to snag two bonus points. Although since he publicly picked Memphis to win in the other thread, then it shouldn't count. ;) 14 other people picked OKC to the WCF and will get four points. Only one person guessed all four conference finalists right. And that puts NeckBone in the overall lead.

Just to quickly answer a question posed in the playoffs thread...

I have 3 of the 4 teams correctly in the contest. So rp, it doesn't really matter if I root for the Thunder or Mavs, at this point, right?

NeckBone has the Mavs beating the Thunder in 7, so yes it definitely does matter who you root for. Because if the Mavs win in 7, then that will eliminate you, just like that. If the Mavs win PERIOD, you'd still be eliminated because TRPB has the Mavs winning AND Miami in 6 just like you. Start cheering for the Thunder, BS. ;)

If I am right, it looks like there are only 7 people left who can win: NeckBone, Bubble Screen, TRPB, Bibby, SKiNz Jus 2 sick, CoolUserNameHere, and MLSKINS.

(27)(57) NeckBone (Bulls)

(26)(35) Bubble Screen (Bulls, Heat)

#(25)(34) Drop (Thunder)

#(25)(34) FanboyOf91 (Bulls, Heat*)

#(24)(33) G.A.C.O.L.B. (Thunder, Mavs)

#(23)(29) terrifNick21 (Thunder*)

#(23)(32) Rdskns2000 (Mavs)

(23)(50) SKiNz Jus 2 sick (Thunder)

#(22)(46) RichmondRedskin88 (Bulls, Heat)

#(22)(28) BigMike21 (Heat, Mavs)

(21)(45) CoolUsernameHere (Bulls, Thunder, Lakers)

#(21)(30) MattFancy (Heat)

#(21)(35) royallypwned (Heat)

(20)(44) MLSKINS (Thunder)

#(20)(26) SkinsKin26

#(19)(36) THUNDERDOME (Heat)

#(18)(18) Warhead36 (Heat, Mavs)

#(18)(27) RedskinsFan28

#(14)(20) skinfan2k

Great, I can root for the Thunder!:wavetowel

I am currently looking at all the future picks and you might already be eliminated. Not confirmed yet, so I don't want to scare you or anything. But I am looking at all the scenarios. I'll make my official judgment in a few minutes...

:twitch:

Sorry, but despite being in 2nd, you can't win. I will explain below after updating the standings to represent that change...

#(26)(35) Bubble Screen (Bulls, Heat)

#(25)(34) Drop (Thunder)

#(20)(26) SkinsKin26

#(18)(27) RedskinsFan28

#(14)(20) skinfan2k

BS, this is why you can't finish first...obviously, if Chicago advances to the Finals, you would get no more points and that would eliminate you. That's easy enough. So you need Miami to win. But they have to win in 6, otherwise you can't pass NeckBone. Next, a Mavs win over OKC eliminates you because NeckBone and TRPB have that. So you'd need OKC to advance to the Finals. So Miami vs OKC is what you need to be the Finals matchup...

HOWEVER, SKiNz Jus 2 sick has the Thunder winning the title, and both TRPB and MLSKINS have Miami taking it. Either scenario would have one of them passing you.

urgh

#1 Spurs vs #8 Grizzlies -In 5

#4 Thunder vs #5 Nuggets- In 6

#2 Lakers vs #7 Hornets- In 5

#3 Mavs vs #6 Blazers- In 7

#1 Bulls vs #8 Pacers-In 5

#4 Magic vs #5 Hawks-In 6

#2 Heat vs #7 Sixers- In 5

#3 Celtics vs #6 Knicks- In 6

Spur vs Thunders- in 6

Lakers vs Mavs- In 6

Bulls vs Magic-Bulls- in 6

Heat vs Celtics- In 7

Thunder vs Lakers- In 7

Bulls vs Celtics-In 6

Thunder vs Bulls-in 7

urgh

yeah you still have a lot of potential left. Some of the best potential of anybody in the pick em. But SKiNz Jus 2 sick totally **** blocked you by having the same remaining picks. :ols: Imagine, if you had picked OKC to beat Chicago in anything other than 7 games, you'd still have a shot.

Sorry, but despite being in 2nd, you can't win. I will explain below after updating the standings to represent that change...

#(26)(35) Bubble Screen (Bulls, Heat)

#(25)(34) Drop (Thunder)

#(20)(26) SkinsKin26

#(18)(27) RedskinsFan28

#(14)(20) skinfan2k

BS, this is why you can't finish first...obviously, if Chicago advances to the Finals, you would get no more points and that would eliminate you. That's easy enough. So you need Miami to win. But they have to win in 6, otherwise you can't pass NeckBone. Next, a Mavs win over OKC eliminates you because NeckBone and TRPB have that. So you'd need OKC to advance to the Finals. So Miami vs OKC is what you need to be the Finals matchup...

HOWEVER, SKiNz Jus 2 sick has the Thunder winning the title, and both TRPB and MLSKINS have Miami taking it. Either scenario would have one of them passing you.

:censored:

yeah you still have a lot of potential left. Some of the best potential of anybody in the pick em. But SKiNz Jus 2 sick totally **** blocked you by having the same remaining picks. :ols: Imagine, if you had picked OKC to beat Chicago in anything other than 7 games, you'd still have a shot.

Damn Lakers. Even when they lose they win.

F LA

RP keeps on clownin' me because of my picks and when analyze the Heat/Bulls series.

For the record, the pick'em contest was about the picture of Baugh. If I had to do it over again, I will still do the same. I didn't know Billups was going to get injured when I picked the Knicks. Didn't know the Mavs and Drik were going to go off when they played the Blazers. I really didn't know that the Hawks would be able to dominate the Magic. I was wrong, and I will admit it. Guess what though, even with my mess-ups I can still win the contest.

RP, here's my gift to you........ THUNDER IN 6!!!!!! :D

Archived