Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA playoff pick em contest (congrats to the winner: NeckBone!)

royallypwned

man, it sucks sitting in 3rd place with no chance to win. haha!

yeah, it just shows how much the standings can still change with the remaining three series. Just look at MLSKINS...he's in 16th but still has both finalists remaining, so he can still win. In fact, I think that's what separates the six people who are still alive: they are the only six who have both NBA Finalists still in the playoffs.

Guess what though, even with my mess-ups I can still win the contest.

RP, here's my gift to you........ THUNDER IN 6!!!!!! :D

Yes you can. That's why I can't put down your picks too much. :ols: But GO MAVS! It's our ****ing time, damnit. :(

yep, it's more about limiting damage than anything else. Those who have had the fewest casualties to their most important teams are the ones who can win.

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 03:19 PM ----------

yeah, it just shows how much the standings can still change with the remaining three series. Just look at MLSKINS...he's in 16th but still has both finalists remaining, so he can still win. In fact, I think that's what separates the six people who are still alive: they are the only six who have both NBA Finalists still in the playoffs.

I take that part back...forgot about Bibby. He had one finalist get knocked out in the first round. What I said goes for the other five, however.

At this point I wouldn't even mind if the Bulls do take out the Heat. Man they looked dominant in game one.

Still stand behind the Mavs. They are the deepest team in the league right now. They have a superstar that can drop 35-45 every night and then ten or so solid contributors that can come off the bench.

So what I'm wondering is: if it comes down to Chi vs. Dal in the Finals; do I still have an opportunity to take it IF the Mavs pull it out?

So what I'm wondering is: if it comes down to Chi vs. Dal in the Finals; do I still have an opportunity to take it IF the Mavs pull it out?

Well if the Mavs won the championship, period, you win. Whether it's against Miami or Chicago. But I'm assuming you meant to say "if the Mavs don't pull it out"? Unfortunately no. I know that Bibby would win if the Bulls beat the Mavs in the Finals. And TRPB would blow everyone out of the water if Miami beat Dallas, because that's exactly what he has. The results of a Mavs Finals is what I know off the top of my head. If OKC got there, I would need to look at my spreadsheet where I made a neat list of all the points everyone can still potentially get.

No, that's exactly what I meant. If the Mavs win it against either Chi or Mia, I will take it.

I like the matchup of the Mavs over the the Bulls as opposed to having to go against Mia!

Thanks!

For me, it's the other way around. The Mavs have to get there first obviously, but if they do, they match up better with Miami, IMO. I know regular season results mean nothing, but the Mavs went 2-0 vs Miami and 0-2 vs Chicago. Sure, there are the superstars from Miami, but their depth is their weak point while it is Dallas' strength. Plus, there is that pretty damn good D the Bulls play as well. I want the Bulls to beat the cHeat of course, but I think the Mavs have a better shot vs Miami.

What a game!

go Mavs!

When I get home tonight, I am going to start looking at what would happen if the Mavs win tomorrow. Not looking ahead, but I want to be able to start posting who will be eliminated with each game. I think it will be down to three people if the Mavs win tomorrow (TRPB, NeckBone, and Bibby).

Mavs in 5 over the Thunder. Congrats to TRPB and NeckBone for being the only two to pick the Mavs to get to the Finals. You two are joined by Bibby as the only ones left in contention. Three people were eliminated tonight. Bibby is only hanging on by a thread though. He needs the Bulls to not only complete the comeback over Miami, but to then go on to win the championship. So the odds are stacked, but you are not done yet!

Also, there are still some bonus points up in the air. NeckBone picked Miami over Chicago in 5 and TRPB picked Miami over Chicago in 6. If Miami wins tomorrow to close out the series, NeckBone will extend to a 6 point overall lead. But in the end, it doesn't really matter because it will come down to the championship anyway. Of course, TRPB will tie it if the Bulls win Game 5 and then Miami closes it out at home.

But in the end, it's pretty easy to sort out:

Chicago wins Finals: Bibby wins

Dallas wins Finals: NeckBone wins

Miami wins Finals: TRPB wins

(33)(54) NeckBone

(30)(51) TonyRomoProBowl

#(26)(35) Bubble Screen

#(25)(34) Drop

#(25)(34) FanboyOf91

#(24)(33) G.A.C.O.L.B.

(23)(37) Bibby

#(23)(29) terrifNick21

#(23)(32) Rdskns2000

#(23)(29) SKiNz Jus 2 sick

#(22)(28) RichmondRedskin88

#(22)(22) BigMike21

#(21)(35) CoolUsernameHere

#(21)(27) MattFancy

#(21)(35) royallypwned

#(20)(34) MLSKINS

#(20)(29) skinswillwin06

#(20)(26) SkinsKin26

#(19)(36) THUNDERDOME

#(18)(24) The Sir

#(18)(18) Warhead36

#(18)(27) RedskinsFan28

#(14)(20) skinfan2k

Mavs in 5 over the Thunder. Congrats to TRPB and NeckBone for being the only two to pick the Mavs to get to the Finals. You two are joined by Bibby as the only ones left in contention. Three people were eliminated tonight. Bibby is only hanging on by a thread though. He needs the Bulls to not only complete the comeback over Miami, but to then go on to win the championship. So the odds are stacked, but you are not done yet!

Also, there are still some bonus points up in the air. NeckBone picked Miami over Chicago in 5 and TRPB picked Miami over Chicago in 6. If Miami wins tomorrow to close out the series, NeckBone will extend to a 6 point overall lead. But in the end, it doesn't really matter because it will come down to the championship anyway. Of course, TRPB will tie it if the Bulls win Game 5 and then Miami closes it out at home.

But in the end, it's pretty easy to sort out:

Chicago wins Finals: Bibby wins

Dallas wins Finals: NeckBone wins

Miami wins Finals: TRPB wins

(33)(54) NeckBone

(30)(51) TonyRomoProBowl

#(26)(35) Bubble Screen

#(25)(34) Drop

#(25)(34) FanboyOf91

#(24)(33) G.A.C.O.L.B.

(23)(37) Bibby

#(23)(29) terrifNick21

#(23)(32) Rdskns2000

#(23)(29) SKiNz Jus 2 sick

#(22)(28) RichmondRedskin88

#(22)(22) BigMike21

#(21)(35) CoolUsernameHere

#(21)(27) MattFancy

#(21)(35) royallypwned

#(20)(34) MLSKINS

#(20)(29) skinswillwin06

#(20)(26) SkinsKin26

#(19)(36) THUNDERDOME

#(18)(24) The Sir

#(18)(18) Warhead36

#(18)(27) RedskinsFan28

#(14)(20) skinfan2k

ive never rooted harder against myself in my entire life............no joke, I dont care what the prize is and how cool it would be to win this thing, I am all for finishing second behind Neckbone. LETS GO MAVS!!!!!!!

This has truly been a pleasure, I've never been so into the Playoffs...ever!

I find myself rusing home to watch these games, it doesn't hurt that these games have been great with all time performances and historic comebacks!

Let's Go Mavs!

This has truly been a pleasure, I've never been so into the Playoffs...ever!

I find myself rusing home to watch these games, it doesn't hurt that these games have been great with all time performances and historic comebacks!

Let's Go Mavs!

i was going to say the same thing.........i have been into it as well and this year no matter what contest we were in has been off the hook. so, we picked a great time to get into the contest and the playoffs! Nice job picking Neckbone and good luck to you, I am pulling hard for ya man.........

Go mavs!

Bulls choke, thus eliminating Bibby. We are down to the only two people to correctly pick Miami vs Dallas in the Finals. NeckBone additionally guessed Miami in 5 over Chicago. He gets 9 points and everyone else who picked Miami gets 6. But it will all come down to the winner of the championship. Miami wins = TRPB wins. Dallas wins = NeckBone wins. As a side note, MLSKINS also picked Miami to win the title, so he would make a meaningless jump to 3rd if that happens. haha

(42)NeckBone (Dallas over Miami in 6)

(36)TonyRomoProBowl (Miami over Dallas in 7)

#(32)Bubble Screen

#(31)FanboyOf91

#(30)G.A.C.O.L.B.

#(29)Rdskns2000

#(26)MLSKINS

#(26)skinswillwin06

#(25)Drop

#(24)RedskinsFan28

#(23)Bibby

#(23)terrifNick21

#(23)SKiNz Jus 2 sick

#(22)RichmondRedskin88