Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Mike Prefer Waiting For Luck . . .

Newera

I know this is an April Fool's joke!

Reality is that we are not going to be able to draft an elite QB because of all the stupid trades we made. We just have too many holes, and too few choices.

Reality is that we are not going to be able to draft an elite QB because of all the stupid trades we made. We just have too many holes, and too few choices.

So, if we had the draft picks and could take a QB in the 1st this year,....which QB's are "elite"?

I say none.

---------- Post added April-9th-2011 at 07:43 PM ----------

So, if we had the draft picks and could take a QB in the 1st this year,....which QB's are "elite"?

I say none.

My choice is still Jake Locker. Elite? No....and I dont think he needs to be. Just win baby. That's all a QB needs to do and I like Lockers attitude. He reminds me a lot of Joe Theismann. Was Joe elite? No.....probably will never go to the Hall of Fame, sadly, but he was a competitor. If you are down 1 score and you get the ball with 2 minutes to go, Theismann was money. That's the competitor and type of QB that I want. I think Locker fits the bill.

I realize this was a joke, but we may some trade ammo to make a move for Luck next year. We have all our picks right now for 2012 (I think) plus Oakland's fourth for Campbell. If we can get rid of McNabb for a 4th/conditional 3rd and maybe even a 5th or something for Haynesworth, suddenly you've got ten picks to work with. Back in '01, the Falcons moved from 5 to 1 to get Vick by giving up their third rounder, their '02 second rounder, and WR Tim Dwight. I hate the legacy the Skins have created in recent years of dumping draft picks, but Andrew Luck is the kind of talent you do whatever it takes to get- he could be our franchise QB for a decade.

Let's go defense with our first pick this year, and OL in the second round. I would like that

LOL

April fools joke posted on Extremeskins

Picked up by Hogs Haven and a NFL.com forum

Lavar and Dukes picked it up from Hogs Haven

Now a new thread posted on the topic...

Whats next you ask?

In Mike Shanahans opening press conference a reporter will ask "Is there any truth to the rumor that you are going to try to draft Andrew Luck."

In which Mike will say "I dont address those kind of rumors..."

Then people on ES will make a new thread saying "Did you see Mike Shanahan totally avoid the Andrew Luck question? He totally wants him."

The only thing better than this would be to actually get ANDREW LUCK!

If we draft WR - RB we will have a good look at Luck.

Just looking at your sig and that was a 1 RD war. Stopped w 5 seconds left but a good stoppage, Daley was unresponsive for a while after.

You forgot the most important part. We have to tank the season going 1-15 or 2-14. Not going to happen.

You forgot the most important part. We have to tank the season going 1-15 or 2-14. Not going to happen.

We're either going to be starting Rex, a free agent (Bulger, VY, etc), or a rookie at QB. Our defense was atrocious last year. It's not out of the question. This team as it is currently assembled is NOT good.

Archived