Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

StLToday.com: Skins taking QB or WR at #10

Oldskool

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_0e54d038-5fc6-11e0-85e5-001a4bcf6878.html

DDavid: Hey Jim, looking at the latest mocks it seems that the Redskins are slowly checking out Jake Locker from the other side of the "party". Here's hoping they jump on him and push JJones to the Rams. Are Quinn & Bowers that good where teams can overlook them being damaged goods? Thanks.

Jim Thomas: For what it's worth, I talked to an agent this week who has some dealings with the Redskins who said he was told the 'Skins wanted to go quarterback or wide receiver at No. 10, depending on who was there. From a Rams standpoint, the more QBs and offensive tackles taken in the top 13 the better.

I think Quinn and Bowers might drop some because of their issues. All the way to the Rams? Don't think so, but.....

Very tough to determine what Shanny will do in the draft. Remember, he never even worked Cutler out when he drafted him.

All along I've though we were going to take a QB with one of our first two picks, but now I'm not so sure. Perhaps the plan is to shore up our 3-4 defense or add a top flight WR this year and address the o-line, sign a free agent QB (think Bulger or VY) to "compete" for one season, and then make a play for one of the QBs next year- Luck, Barkley (if he declares), etc.

If only one WR is on the board at 10. You better be talking to St. Louis about a potential trade.

I agree completely. Trade back to 14, get a 3rd rounder. Maybe even move again from 14 to 17 (NE) or farther back. This team needs all the draft picks it can get.

I agree completely. Trade back to 14, get a 3rd rounder. Maybe even move again from 14 to 17 (NE) or farther back. This team needs all the draft picks it can get.

exactly. We can get a DL later in the 1st and if we want a WR or QB, the 2nd tier will be there in the 2nd round.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_0e54d038-5fc6-11e0-85e5-001a4bcf6878.html

DDavid: Hey Jim, looking at the latest mocks it seems that the Redskins are slowly checking out Jake Locker from the other side of the "party". Here's hoping they jump on him and push JJones to the Rams. Are Quinn & Bowers that good where teams can overlook them being damaged goods? Thanks.

Jim Thomas: For what it's worth, I talked to an agent this week who has some dealings with the Redskins who said he was told the 'Skins wanted to go quarterback or wide receiver at No. 10, depending on who was there. From a Rams standpoint, the more QBs and offensive tackles taken in the top 13 the better.

I think Quinn and Bowers might drop some because of their issues. All the way to the Rams? Don't think so, but.....

I think its clear that the Shannys target and draft a QB in the first round. Whether thats at 10 or by moving down from 10 or trading up from 41. Just please, don't draft Newton.

Wouldn't it cost more to trade into #9 than #10? Especially when you know the Skins are willing to trade down. Dallas badly needs a CB and OT, both who might be there.

Dallas also needs a 5 tech and could be interested in Watt or Jordan at #14. The cowboys are no threat to take a WR so it would make sense for the Rams to wait until we're on the clock and see if either JJ or AJ is there.

Shanny is the same guy who didn't want to tell McNabb they he isn't starting until if I recall Thursday of game week, in fear that it would leak out. He seemed obsessed with getting an advantage over the opposition via subterfuge so yeah gabbing about who they are taking in the draft seems unlikely to me.

Archived