Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

StLToday.com: Skins taking QB or WR at #10

Oldskool

It could have been anyone. You didn't need an "insider" that had outside info. He has had ONE year of production and was tendered. My six year old son knows we're not going after Sid Rice.

Does he know that one of the things the players are pushing for in a new CBA is 4 years instead of 6? And Rice just finished what year exactly of his original contract? :)

That's the problem. If JJ or AJ is on the board at 10 then the Rams at 14 plus their 3rd (78). But then it becomes difficult because there is a cluster f of prospects from 15-30ish.

If JJ or AJ is on the board at 10, I would want a lot more than 14 and 78. Those two guys are worth a lot more than an extra third.

Does he know that one of the things the players are pushing for in a new CBA is 4 years instead of 6? And Rice just finished what year exactly of his original contract? :)

Yes..Even my 6 YR old knows that Rice is going into his 5th year and has exactly ONE year of production. 6 YRs is what it takes and Rice was tendered....C'mon insider...Besides your ES press passes I'm still waiting to pick up something that isn't already known:pfft:.

Yes, My 6 YR old knows that Rice has ONE (1) year of production as he heads into his 5th. He's currently tendered baring a possible change from 6 to 4. C' Mon my son might as well be an insider minus your ES press passes.:pfft:

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 01:38 AM ----------

Wow, sorry I kept getting an a big E when I tried to post. Good Night Now!

Yes, My 6 YR old knows that Rice has ONE (1) year of production as he heads into his 5th. He's currently tendered baring a possible change from 6 to 4. C' Mon my son might as well be an insider minus your ES press passes.:pfft:

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 01:38 AM ----------

Wow, sorry I kept getting an a big E when I tried to post. Good Night Now!

Twice you have appoligized but then continued to instigate trouble.

Twice you have appoligized but then continued to instigate trouble.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ETShkg-65fY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How am I instigating trouble? If you can't take a joke than that's on you. My original comment (10:44 PM) was said before I apologized ...But everything I said is accurate. Correct me if I’m wrong...

How am I instigating trouble? If you can't take a joke than that's on you. My original comment (10:44 PM) was said before I apologized ...But everything I said is accurate. Correct me if I’m wrong...

with the "my son might as well be a insider minus your es press passes". to me it looks like you posted this after tk posting his random things around the house.

with the "my son might as well be a insider minus your es press passes". to me it looks like you posted this after tk posting his random things around the house.

Are you for real? Who gives a F? Post something that isn't know by a 6 yr old then. Go back thru my posts and tell where I'm inaccurate. Tell me something I don't know then.

Are you for real? Who gives a F? Post something that isn't know by a 6 yr old then. Go back thru my posts and tell where I'm inaccurate. Tell me something I don't know then.

You said that it takes 6 years to be an UFA and Rice is tagged under this current system.

TK told you that the players were pushing for 4, which would make Rice an UFA. That's something you obviously didn't know.

You then responded, repeating what TK told you...which was apparently something you and your 6-year-old didn't know.

You have got to watch the tone dude, that kind of disrespect really isn't appreciated.

We call it like we see it around here and sometimes things that deserve harsh responses get harsh responses...but what you're responding to doesn't.

Ponder will be gone by 41. Think Stanzi/Kaepernick. But the tea leaves read Quinn/Ryan Williams.

You really think he will go before 41? That would surprise me.

Something about Ponder reminds me of Leinart except that he didn't smash SoCal hotties on the 'reg while winning a title and demolishing beerbongs with THE Nick Lachey.

Look at Ponder's numbers... His injury history (throwing shoulder AND elbow)... His weak arm strength.... His accuracy issues... And the fact that everyone says he stares his receivers down with Marvin Harrison/Cerrato-like buggness in his eyes. Great mechanics can be taught, and his mobility is middle-of-the-pack at best this year.

If Ponder goes before 41 then this draft sucks worse than I thought. (And for the record, I think it does.) Give me Copernicus or whatever they call that lanky tattooed kid from Nevada- at least his body isn't in shambles... yet.

I hear people loving this guy in the top 10 and I wonder why? He was suspended last year. Didnt play for a powerhouse team. If there is a continued lockout, he might not play in 2 years, and we want to draft him 10th overall. Seems risky.

FWIW, there was a quote from a scout in a recent WP article with him stating something to the effect of "Quinn is so overrated it's not even funny."

I think they're right. If Gabbert falls (stranger things have happened) we would have to take him. If Jones or Green are there they will certainly be the best talent available and a place of need so how do you not?

However, like many others I think that if Jones or Green falls they will be our best chance at trading down because they will be coveted by some other teams.

That would be the ideal scenario in my view. That would enable us to address the OL and DL very well in the first two rounds.

I'd like to think that we would also get to address the QB position but I think by the time we pick in the 2nd round all five worthy QB's will be gone.

who in the blue hell are you ?

I dont know what your problem is Bundy but Polk high must not have taught you how to be observant and respectfull. I would be glad to tell you some things you dont know like dont cirumvent the profanity filter for starters. Diesel you keep saying looking over my post and tell me where im inaccurate well SON why dont you take your own advice and do the same.I dont know what message boards you were apart of/baned from before here but we like to talk football in threads and keep it on topic. Ive noticed from looking at your post you antigonize alot of posters and offer very little actual "knowledge". Bouncing between threads to instigate is taking threads off topic with your reteric and around here we call that trolling. Now i understand your new here and many times we have just asked you to step back from the gun tower and relax but you cant do that for some reason. Who are you to demand anyone do anything?

Diesel you have said yourself your a PRICK and admiting it is the first step. I would hope you teach your 6 year old that when you have a issue and it affects other people to fix it. You want to talk actual football Diesel then your more than welcome but if not go instigate somewhere else. I think im really laidback and chill once you get to know me and can put things behind me so hopefully this moves in a positive direction going forward. However if you do want to continue to talk smack then i leave you with the inspired " TELL ME SOMETHING I DONT KNOW"

And last but not least:

ETShkg-65fY

Hopefully things will smooth out a bit more in this thread as well.

Now, instead of talking about 6 year olds, let's get back to the topic of what this thread is about; re: it being reported the Skins may take a QB or WR at 10.

I know that QB is a huge need for the Skins, and so is WR for that matter. However, with all the holes on the roster, I don't think that WR is as important to the team as a pass rushing OLB, DE, NT or OL. With that being said, there is no NT or OL I would take here. Quinn would be my first choice, trade down would also be great and I'd be happy with Cam Jordan as well. I look at the WR position as more of a "last piece to the puzzle" type position.

10 is just too high for a QB in this draft with my assumption that Cam Newton and Gabbert will already be gone. And for the record I personally would not take either in the top 10 anyways. And, I actually would not draft a QB at all in the draft, I just don't see anyone I like enough to draft.

FWIW, there was a quote from a scout in a recent WP article with him stating something to the effect of "Quinn is so overrated it's not even funny."

Good to know.

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 11:18 AM ----------

STLToday.com? That is were we are getting Redskins insider information is from St. Louis? Interesting!!!

Theyre worried about us taking the WR they want, I guess. Watch out witha trade with dallas

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 11:20 AM ----------

If JJ or AJ is on the board at 10, I would want a lot more than 14 and 78. Those two guys are worth a lot more than an extra third.

AJ you have a very good point. JJ, I think he is worth that comp. He really isnt that great a player when it comes to catching and holding onto the ball.

---------- Post added April-8th-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

I think they're right. If Gabbert falls (stranger things have happened) we would have to take him. If Jones or Green are there they will certainly be the best talent available and a place of need so how do you not?

However, like many others I think that if Jones or Green falls they will be our best chance at trading down because they will be coveted by some other teams.

That would be the ideal scenario in my view. That would enable us to address the OL and DL very well in the first two rounds.

I'd like to think that we would also get to address the QB position but I think by the time we pick in the 2nd round all five worthy QB's will be gone.

I think Gabbert may fall. the dude only completed like 35% of his passes over 15 yards. I heard Luck was 71%- Random stats from Kiper. If AJ Green and Gabbert are both there, I take Green. Gabbert does not look like a franchise QB- and I think we need a franchise guy. But I would still take AJ Green

Ponder wasn't even brought back to Indy for a medical re-check...so apparently the NFL's scouts are satisfied with his health, including his arm.

You positive they are 'satisfied' with his health? Couldn't that also mean that the docs have seen enough or that his 2010 injuries have already healed?

From what I understand, the medical re-check is mostly for player who were injured near the end of the season/during offseason workouts to see how they are healing.

Julio Jones is attending... but is anyone more frightened/cautious with JJ's foot over Ponder's separated shoulder/bursa sac injury that is already said to have made him lose velocity?

:munchout:

is that coke or pepsi that your person is drinking there, or is it juice ? maybe A.J. Green falls to us and the stars all come in place with the moon. as we call upon the Warrior.ONE WARRIOR NATION

Archived