Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

StLToday.com: Skins taking QB or WR at #10

Oldskool

Quinn would be good too. I think Mallett is going to be a good NFL QB. He's under the radar right now but he'll be a good player for some team.

I'm not sold on Mallett, I'm not sure what he'll end up doing but I don't believe he's worth a #10 pick.

I personally think that we need to find a way to get Andrew Luck, and do whatever it takes.

I'm not sold on Mallett, I'm not sure what he'll end up doing but I don't believe he's worth a #10 pick.

I personally think that we need to find a way to get Andrew Luck, and do whatever it takes.

I'm definitely on board with that. If he has another great season, he's going to be a hot commodity coming out of college though and tough to get. Matt Barkley IMO, will be better than any of this draft's QBs too.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/04/open-thread-trade-up-scenarios.html

Pats fans have a trade up scenario. However, its not enough of a value for the #10.

If they want to move from 17 to 10.

If could cost the 33rd and 74rd pick also. That would give us. the 17th, then two picks in the 2nd and a pick in the 3rd. That's a serious reload. Doubtful NE would trade up since they always trade down. BUT....maybe they look at their team and realize they need an impact guy and it wouldn't really kill them since they have so many picks.

Wouldn't it cost more to trade into #9 than #10? Especially when you know the Skins are willing to trade down. Dallas badly needs a CB and OT, both who might be there.

Of course, but if the team you are worried about grabbing him is the trading partner, why make the trade? Also, Cowboys are very interested in moving back FWIW. So trading with STL so they can grab Jones instead of us grabbing him makes utterly no sense.

Gonna assume this is horse hockey. Our needs at DE and OLB are far more relevant at #10. If we trade back, I hope it's enough to get the NT we need. If we get more ammo, I don't have a problem with Shanny using a second round bullet on a Kaepernick (sp?) or Locker, but I doubt Kaepernick is there for some reason. If it were my draft and trading down wasn't an option, I'd have to go OLB/DE (pref. Miller or Quinn) and then NT in the second round. I might feel ok taking a flyer on a McElroy or a Dalton if they're still there at 5.

That being said, I wouldn't be heartbroken if one of the WRs falls to 10 and we can't trade out of the spot.

I wouldn't think Shanny would pick a WR at #10, risk of a bust is too great.Not saying Julio Jones won't be a great WR but it's not our most pressing need.There won't be any QB's worthy of the 10-spot available.I still believe we have to trade down if at all possible.Sadly we are in a bad spot and I believe there really won't be a "good" pick at #10.I say take Amukamara if he's there but I am sure he won't be.Taking Quinn,Jones or any QB at the spot will be a waste and counterproductive.Pray we trade down and get Phil Taylor or Pouncey.

Shanny is the same guy who didn't want to tell McNabb they he isn't starting until if I recall Thursday of game week, in fear that it would leak out. He seemed obsessed with getting an advantage over the opposition via subterfuge so yeah gabbing about who they are taking in the draft seems unlikely to me.

Perhaps, but last years draft yielded the name Trent Williams way before the draft. And its not like he really merited the 4th overall selection, especially with Okung there. Things happen that make people get who a certain team will take.

---------- Post added April-7th-2011 at 12:21 PM ----------

rams expect to get ripped off!!!! we want some draft picks for next year !!!!

I see a slight hiccup with that.

Pouncy said he was expecting to play for the Cowboys, in a tweet. What does that mean. Either Dallas will take him at 9 (no way) or someone from 12-17 will trade up with Dallas.

I can see a scenario where the Rams jump over us to get Julio Jones and send picks to the Cowboys, knowing our interest in a WR. Be better not be too greedy.

---------- Post added April-7th-2011 at 12:24 PM ----------

Jake Locker.

We know this already.

How is this "news?" ;)

Hail.

The Redskins scout made a beeline to Locker at the Sr Bowl, so much so draftniks there noticed it.

If only one WR is on the board at 10. You better be talking to St. Louis about a potential trade.

But there won't be. 3 or 4 WRs have the potential to be a #1 guy, but only Jones and Green are the elite. Baldwin, Young, the guy from Maryland and Hankerson all could end up being #1 receivers for a team. All of them would be upgrades to the Rams WR corps. Depending on who's taken ahead of them, they might end up trading back.

The Redskins need to draft the best player on the board. PERIOD! With so many needs, #10 is a cant miss pick if they have really done their homework on the top prospects. Dont draft for need, draft the best player on the board!

No such thing as a can't miss.

If you are light on picks and you can trade back. You do it.

I say draft a QB. Just anyone? No. I hope Shanny can find a gem in the rough.

If we go another year without a young QB that just sets them back another year, IMO. If you find a young gun worthy of a 1st or 2nd pick, he will need at least 2 years behind center to learn the offense and the pro game and maybe contend by year 3. If they do that, then that means it will be year 4 of Shannys reign that they may contend, at least offensively... I dont mean a lame final wild-card spot at 9-7 or 8-8. I mean 12 wins and an offense that can put more than 17 pts on the scoreboard per game.

My point being is that we have to get someone back there soon. Grossman will get you 4-6 wins, maybe... but I would rather have 4-6 wins with a young QB learning the pro game than a washed up vet who will be collecting social security in the 2014 season.

Once the CBA is worked out I am confident the team can fill somel holes with Free Agents and if they have a good draft, they may be on their way to getting started rebuilding.

I say draft a QB. Just anyone? No. I hope Shanny can find a gem in the rough.

If we go another year without a young QB that just sets them back another year, IMO. If you find a young gun worthy of a 1st or 2nd pick, he will need at least 2 years behind center to learn the offense and the pro game and maybe contend by year 3. If they do that, then that means it will be year 4 of Shannys reign that they may contend, at least offensively... I dont mean a lame final wild-card spot at 9-7 or 8-8. I mean 12 wins and an offense that can put more than 17 pts on the scoreboard per game.

My point being is that we have to get someone back there soon. Grossman will get you 4-6 wins, maybe... but I would rather have 4-6 wins with a young QB learning the pro game than a washed up vet who will be collecting social security in the 2014 season.

Once the CBA is worked out I am confident the team can fill somel holes with Free Agents and if they have a good draft, they may be on their way to getting started rebuilding.

Say hello to Christian Ponder with the 41st pick.

I don't think we're taking a run at Sidney Rice. He's tendered, and I think it was TK, but maybe LL, who said that we won't be going after him. He would have been a nice fit though.

And I would also take Quinn before Julio Jones, or AJ Green for that matter. Pass rusher for the 3-4 and opposite Orakpo is more important in my opinion.

I'd love to have Robert Quinn opposite of Orakpo if he's there. I'd take Quinn before Julio Jones to be honest. Once the lockout is over (crosses fingers) we could make a serious run at Sidney Rice.

I hear people loving this guy in the top 10 and I wonder why? He was suspended last year. Didnt play for a powerhouse team. If there is a continued lockout, he might not play in 2 years, and we want to draft him 10th overall. Seems risky.

---------- Post added April-7th-2011 at 08:30 PM ----------

Ponder will be gone by 41. Think Stanzi/Kaepernick. But the tea leaves read Quinn/Ryan Williams.

Clearly Ponder will be gone by 41. If we want Ponder, we'll have to trade up into the first

---------- Post added April-7th-2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

Ponder will be gone by 41. Think Stanzi/Kaepernick. But the tea leaves read Quinn/Ryan Williams.

Clearly Ponder will be gone by 41. If we want Ponder, we'll have to trade up into the first

I don't think we're taking a run at Sidney Rice. He's tendered, and I think it was TK, but maybe LL, who said that we won't be going after him. He would have been a nice fit though.

And I would also take Quinn before Julio Jones, or AJ Green for that matter. Pass rusher for the 3-4 and opposite Orakpo is more important in my opinion.

It could have been anyone. You didn't need an "insider" that had outside info. He has had ONE year of production and was tendered. My six year old son knows we're not going after Sid Rice.

Archived