Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Path to the Draft on NFL Network to put Skins on the clock tonight at 6pm 04/04/11

Habib1852

I've given up on caring what's on the major networks, in regards to the Skins, except during the actual draft, because I like watching it.

You can tell that every analyst just reads a couple mock drafts, looks over the Skins roster without really having any in-depth knowledge, and then gives an "opinion".

Basically, I get more information reading a single thread on ES than I ever will from the guys who have their name up in the lights on ESPN or NFL Network. Most of them know nothing. And they know even less about the Skins.

Just letting everyone know if ya'll didn't already.

Thanks for the heads up. Watching path to the draft is fun. You get to see clips of players and talk of actual football is far more entertaining than talk of the lockout.

We're not going to hear anything mind-blowing, but it'll be entertaining to see clips of the players we're likely considering.

Here is what we do:

1. Trade down to 14 with Rams and pick up Jake Locker

2. With the 2nd round pick pick up Ryan Mallett

3. With the Rams 3rd round pick pick up Tyrod Taylor

4. With one of our 5th rounders, pick up McElroy- just for ASF.

5. Don't even use the other picks because it just wont be fair to the other teams- paloffs!

First of all, I am TIRED of the Redskins taking players and moving them to another position. I know it was more of the old regime, but it was excruciating. That is my first problem with Quinn. He is a DE, not a 3-4 LB. Hasn't really played 3-4 OLB and do you know if he really can play in space?

Which gets me to my second problem. The guy hasnt played. He was suspended for a year. Im ok with the reason, but if the Lockout lasts, will we really feel good about a guy who has sat out as many seasons as he has played years of college ball? At the 10th overall pick?

I'm not.

First of all, I am TIRED of the Redskins taking players and moving them to another position. I know it was more of the old regime, but it was excruciating. That is my first problem with Quinn. He is a DE, not a 3-4 LB. Hasn't really played 3-4 OLB and do you know if he really can play in space?

Which gets me to my second problem. The guy hasnt played. He was suspended for a year. Im ok with the reason, but if the Lockout lasts, will we really feel good about a guy who has sat out as many seasons as he has played years of college ball? At the 10th overall pick?

I'm not.

I mean you do know that some of the top pass rushers were 4-3 DE's in college right? Quinn can very well make the transition to OLB as he has what it takes in terms of athleticism and fluidity to make the move

I wouldn't make such a big deal out of position changes for guys transitioning from college to the NFL. The simple fact of the matter is that many of the good pass-rushing 3-4 OLBs in the NFL played 4-3 DE in college almost exclusively (Ware, Woodley, Hali, Dumervil, Suggs, and Phillips). The 4-3 OLB to 3-4 OLB list is actually substantially shorter (Harrison, Matthews, and Wake).

I mean you do know that some of the top pass rushers were 4-3 DE's in college right? Quinn can very well make the transition to OLB as he has what it takes in terms of athleticism and fluidity to make the move

I think he can but he is a poor mans RAK in my opinion. Both are better suited as a 43 end but can excel in a 34 without much coverage. I'd rather have a more fluid looser hipped guy like Von Miller a natural knee bender.

Sure thing. There are good 4-3 DE that go 3-4 OLB and do weel. But there are a lot of high round busts like Maybin, Jarvis Moss (Shanny pick), Gholston, D. Harvey that prove this is a risky proposition. Not including the brain tumor and suspension

Sure thing. There are good 4-3 DE that go 3-4 OLB and do weel. But there are a lot of high round busts like Maybin, Jarvis Moss (Shanny pick), Gholston, D. Harvey that prove this is a risky proposition. Not including the brain tumor and suspension

Jarvis Moss was drafted for a 4-3 defense, so it's not really fair to include him in that list. I would have gone with Robert Ayers instead.

Also, the draft itself is inherently a risky proposition. I would imagine that changing a guy's position doesn't effect his potential bust rate nearly as much as one might think.

Jarvis Moss was drafted for a 4-3 defense, so it's not really fair to include him in that list. I would have gone with Robert Ayers instead.

Also, the draft itself is inherently a risky proposition. I would imagine that changing a guy's position doesn't effect his potential bust rate nearly as much as one might think.

Moss failed in both a 4-3 and 3-4, hes a bust. And on a side note, whats wrong with Weisman? He looks like hes blind.

Heres the link to the video on NFL.com

If we pick at 10 which I hope is not the case I think we have to be looking at Robert Quinn . I think he may well be better than Miller at the OLB opposite Rack and after the elusive dominating NT the OLB are the key parts to making the 3-4 work . I would have no problem taking Miller at No.10 if there but his skills are more suited to Racks OLB possition as the featured pass rusher than opposite Rack with more run stopping requirements .

So I'm guessing the segment predicted we'd go with Quinn? If we stay at #10 that would be my ideal choice.

- Take pressure off of Rak

- Upgrade at a need position (I like Rob Jackson, Wilson, and Alexander... but over the course of their careers they've never shown a hint of the explosion/potential Quinn has)

- Day one starter

My dream scenario is the trade down and seeing what DL talent drops or trading down twice into the 20s and getting a DT.

I think he can but he is a poor mans RAK in my opinion. Both are better suited as a 43 end but can excel in a 34 without much coverage. I'd rather have a more fluid looser hipped guy like Von Miller a natural knee bender.

Most have Quinn rated higher than Orakpo fwiw.

Quinn is more fluid than Orakpo. Von Miller would be nice but 98 has to move to Sam.

---------- Post added April-5th-2011 at 12:55 PM ----------

So I'm guessing the segment predicted we'd go with Quinn? If we stay at #10 that would be my ideal choice.

- Take pressure off of Rak

- Upgrade at a need position (I like Rob Jackson, Wilson, and Alexander... but over the course of their careers they've never shown a hint of the explosion/potential Quinn has)

- Day one starter

My dream scenario is the trade down and seeing what DL talent drops or trading down twice into the 20s and getting a DT.

I'd love to trade down, pick up Jordan or Watt or Taylor then address WR/Guard/OLB with our second and what we got for trading down. Ideal being that Quinn and everyone else seems to have some question mark. Watt has none.

If Quinn is gone there is no question the choice is Julio Jones. Like Mayock says, the fall off at WR after Jones is "significant" . And we cant go into free agency with just Anthony Armstrong and Mal"comb" Kelly. Moss isn't even signed and if I were him I'd go try and win a ring with Baltimore, Atlanta or Chicago. Three teams who will be looking for another WR to get their offense over the hump..

If Quinn is gone there is no question the choice is Julio Jones. Like Mayock says, the fall off at WR after Jones is "significant" .

If Jones is available at 10 I can say with some confidence that there will be teams willing to move up to get him for the very reason that Mayock states. Moving back a few spots will get us some more much-needed selections and takes advantage of the depth of high end defensive talent available in this draft.

And we cant go into free agency with just Anthony Armstrong and Mal"comb" Kelly. Moss isn't even signed and if I were him I'd go try and win a ring with Baltimore, Atlanta or Chicago. Three teams who will be looking for another WR to get their offense over the hump..

Sure we can. There's no hurry to stock up on receiving talent when you don't yet have a long term solution at QB and have more pressing needs on the oline and defensive front seven.

Archived