Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Path to the Draft on NFL Network to put Skins on the clock tonight at 6pm 04/04/11

Habib1852

I would take Quinn in a second. Nice size and he gets low when he bends the corner...natural pass rusher. Getting a stud like Julio Jones wouldn't be bad either. We're really in a win/win situation, should be a great player available and teams should be looking to trade spots with us.

I've given up on caring what's on the major networks, in regards to the Skins, except during the actual draft, because I like watching it.

You can tell that every analyst just reads a couple mock drafts, looks over the Skins roster without really having any in-depth knowledge, and then gives an "opinion".

Basically, I get more information reading a single thread on ES than I ever will from the guys who have their name up in the lights on ESPN or NFL Network. Most of them know nothing. And they know even less about the Skins.

Yeah, but you mostly get on here is emotional vested arguments or opinions. I rather listen to someone who has no ties or emotion with the organization analyzing, then someone who can't take off the burgandy colored glasses

Yeah, but you mostly get on here is emotional vested arguments or opinions. I rather listen to someone who has no ties or emotion with the organization analyzing, then someone who can't take off the burgandy colored glasses

Eh. You learn to find the people who are unbiased. I'd rather work a little harder to find the rare rational, unemotional info on here, than trust the generic popular-consensus "info" from national media outlets. Their target audience just doesn't care about the Skins, so they're going to give the most broad, agreed-upon overview of the team, so that Pats, Steelers, Cowboys, etc. fans nod and go "okay, now back to **** I care about". That's what happens when you're a bad team, the rest of the league's fans just don't have a good understanding of your team from the media. I mean, half of this board has a better understanding of the makeup and needs of this team. And that's saying something.

Sorry, Quinn makes me nervous.

One big year in the crappy ACC?

I know he's got a ton of ability and natural talent that shows up at combine workouts and stuff, but at #10 overall I'd like to know I'm getting a guy who consistently dominated top-level competition in college.

Prefer Julio Jones. Or trade back and nab Ryan Kerrigan/Muhammad Wilkerson + another pick.

I'm just a fan so whatever.

I know we need to find someone to make the deal with (ie I don't just presume we CAN trade down) but for me, I'd really like to land Phil Taylor (NT). He is the premier NT in this draft. His grade is low-mid first and theoretically possible to land in the top of the 2nd but I really think he doesn't fall past NE's second first round pick (God I hate them).

I would love a pass rusher opposite RAK. I'd love a lot of things. I'd love the 6-4 wide reciever with blazing speed, the dominant center like pouncy, the QB of the future etc etc. But to build this defense we need a real NT. You simply aren't getting one good enough once Phil Taylor is gone in this draft. So you are waiting til next year IMO. I think its a crucial piece of this puzzle. I think there are a whole lot more 3-4 OLB's that can have an impact later in the draft or even through FA eventually then franchise NT's. I wouldn't do it at 10 as I couldn't sacrifice that much draft value but if I could get to 18, and pick up another 2, I'd grab Phil Taylor in a heart beat, hopefully Ponder or an equivalent QB with the first #2 and then an OLB or WR with the next #2.

You wouldn't think that Von Miller would fall to 10, but then again no one thought Rak would fall to us a few years ago. That said, if neither is there at #10 start looking for a trade back partner. #inlikeflynnquingonnabeaskin

---------- Post added April-6th-2011 at 07:02 PM ----------

Also Vikes could send the #12 to philthy for corn on the kolb since mcnugget has little to no trade value now & w/o a cba you can't trade anyway. So he'll get cut while fatass will sit & rot away his career.

Also Vikes could send the #12 to philthy for corn on the kolb since mcnugget has little to no trade value now & w/o a cba you can't trade anyway. So he'll get cut while fatass will sit & rot away his career.

You wouldn't think that Von Miller would fall to 10, but then again no one thought Rak would fall to us a few years ago. That said, if neither is there at #10 start looking for a trade back partner. #inlikeflynnquingonnabeaskin

Wouldn't the Vikings just want McNabb in lieu of Kolb? That's all that I've been hearing.

Part of me hopes that Haynesworth withers on that bench and the other just wants the masterpiece of the Vinny era to be gone.

If we ever stop trading away all of our picks, we won't have to worry about trading down to fill in the picks lost. I like the strategy of trading down, but only if the deal is really good. We almost have to trade down because of our combination of lack of depth and lack of picks. It's getting really old. We better not trade a single pick in next years draft. The next three years drafts.

If we ever stop trading away all of our picks, we won't have to worry about trading down to fill in the picks lost. I like the strategy of trading down, but only if the deal is really good. We almost have to trade down because of our combination of lack of depth and lack of picks. It's getting really old. We better not trade a single pick in next years draft. The next three years drafts.

Any blanket strategy is sure to fail. New England traded a fourth-rounder for Randy Moss, got a few seasons out of him including one of the best of all-time, and traded him for a third-rounder. I'm pretty sure that they're not kicking themselves for that.

There is nothing wrong with trading picks if you trade them for the right players.

I stand by my statement 100%. We are nothing like New England. Trading picks for players won't get us anywhere.

I mean, if that's your position, then that's fine. No team has ever won a Super Bowl without trades, including for picks, but that's fine.

The fact that we're nothing like New England somehow prohibits us from doing things like New England does? I don't follow.

Archived