Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So how much are you really interested in this 2011 offseason?

88Comrade2000

The longer there is lockout, I expect nothing for the 2011 Redskins. Frankly, we could be much worse the longer there is a lockout.

Unless the lockout has been ruled over by the courts by draft day, the draft is nothing more than a PR event for the owners. You can't sign the players, you can't even talk to them other than tell them they are drafted. They can't get up to speed. The 2011 draft class will be at severe disadvantage the longer there is a lockout where I would expect only the truly exceptional to excel in the 2011 season. If there is still a lockout on draft day; then I hope the players win their anti-trust lawsuit and the draft is gone forever. Let teams go after rookies like they do free agents.

So my interest is on hold. I don't expect any impact in 2011 from the rookie class if there is still a lockout.

Everyone better hope the players win on Wednesday and survives the appeals process. Only then can we truly be certain of a true offseason again. If the owners end up winning the lawsuits, the lockout will go on until a new CBA and there will be no incentive to do that until we get closer to the season.

I am cautiously interested. I can't wait for the draft and the release of the schedule. The one thing that is worrisome is that some of the beginning games we see on the schedule may be cancelled if this thing isn't fixed fast enough. It puts a big asterisk of doubt on everything that normally happens during the offseason.

I am been losing interest a little each year over teh last 10yrs. Not only losing but all the player strutting around and flexing after each play is really turning me off

I can see a celebration if one scores a td but i hate it when someone makes a first down then they strut like it has nevef been done before. Or when someone makes a good tackle they flex and and fold their arms like they are Hercules or something

I want to watch football not a body building contest, they should act like they have made a play before

It used to be like that for me but its really fading. Not really interested in the offseason this time around either I could care less who we get, too many holes.

Same here. I really don't get excited until kickoff week nears...and with the way the Redskins usually play, my enthusiasm quickly dies after that.

It's hard to follow when there's really nothing going on.

I'm a little bit frustrated at the timing of the lockout, that it had to happen this offseason. We finally have had a solid front office, and while we have glaring needs and gaping holes in the roster, this could be a HUGE year for free agency, with more players free agents than ever before. Lots of opportunity not to make a huge splash, but to really make numerous signings that don't break the bank but provide lots of roster depth.

The organization has had a full-season to see what kind of hand they have, and can address that with the draft and free agency. We have a high draft pick that we could potentially trade to move down and pick up more players, but it's impossible to know exactly what we need to draft because Point is, just sort of is a shame that during such a critical offseason, we're all twiddling our thumbs.

Archived