Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any plans for informal workouts?

Cool as Crud

With players on several other teams (e.g., Titans, Lions, Chiefs, Raiders) coming together recently for informal workouts during the lockout (or planning to), I hope the Redskins players are willing to make a similar commitment to each other and the fans. Has anyone heard whether this is in the works?

It would especially be great to hear from some of the players who are ES members!

I'll be working out... because if the NFL players don't want to play for the amount of money the owners are offering... I SURE WILL!!!

I'd play while knowing the max contract was $300,000. (I use that number because it's the current league minimum. I'd probably play for less and get out sooner in order to try to keep my health somewhat decent :ols:)

You don't need to group or or "organize" workouts. I'm sure these guys can lift weights and run on their own. The ones that always do will continue to, and the ones that don't(*cough* Haynesworthless *cough*)won't.

I disagree. You can group... Working out isn't just considered running and lifting. Working out entails running plays, routes and gathering timing.

**I throw the route tree for my nephew, who plays for GORC (go wildcats!), at Ft.Meade on Saturadys/Sundays

The passing game: McNabb is out, Grossman and Tana are both FAs, I guess Cooley,Armstrong and John Beck could lead the passing portion of the workouts?

And Rabach and Torain could lead the OL and RBs through some stuff?

Having a QB would kinda come in handy for organizing workouts.

Heck having any veterans that know the playbook would come in handy.

**I throw the route tree for my nephew, who plays for GORC (go wildcats!), at Ft.Meade on Saturadys/Sundays

The passing game: McNabb is out, Grossman and Tana are both FAs, I guess Cooley,Armstrong and John Beck could lead the passing portion of the workouts?

The last time this happened, Joey T. organized it.

I don't see an offensive leader on the team right now.

:helmet: The Rook

I'm sure you guys are joking, but you do realize that there won't be "replacement" players since the owners are locking out the players and not a player strike? It isn't the players that don't want to play, it's the owners that don't want them to.

No CBA or no injunction = no football at all. :(

That's exactly my concern. We're already coming off a disappointing season and can't afford to lose any ground to others in the division. Granted, it would be natural for a QB to take the lead, but that might not be in the cards. So I want to know who's going to step up, and whoever it will be, I hope they do it soon.

This situation could be a blessing in disguise for McNabb. If there is one guy who can get the guys together its him. I bet he will hold his annual training in Zona as always with other nfl players. He can be the starter for the next few years if he wanted to based on what he does during this lockout

That's exactly my concern. We're already coming off a disappointing season and can't afford to lose any ground to others in the division. Granted, it would be natural for a QB to take the lead, but that might not be in the cards. So I want to know who's going to step up, and whoever it will be, I hope they do it soon.

You're not concerned about my arm? J/K

I would 'fire' some low ranking assistant coach then have him 'accidentally/coincidentally' happen to show up the same place where the players decide to meet for practice.

I would 'fire' some low ranking assistant coach then have him 'accidentally/coincidentally' happen to show up the same place where the players decide to meet for practice.

Great idea! I'm sure a "severance package" could cover the months until they all return.

"I talked to London Fletcher.; we're planning a workout date, at a possibility of [Ashburn's] Briar Woods High School," Cooley said. "We'll get teammates, not just me and London Fletcher; we're gonna get pads and hit. We'll probably have 20 or 30 guys work out. It's a mini-mini camp."

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/2011/3/24/2070101/nfl-lockout-redskins-minicamp-chris-cooley

In an interview on espn 980, Lorenzo Alexander confirmed that London Fletcher is organizing something. Not surprising that Fletcher is the one to do it. I hope there is an opening on our coaching staff when he retires.

In an interview on espn 980, Lorenzo Alexander confirmed that London Fletcher is organizing something. Not surprising that Fletcher is the one to do it. I hope there is an opening on our coaching staff when he retires.

Yup, i heard the interview yesterday with Lorenzo. Didn't see the one with Cooley until just now. Great stuff!! :)

My concern with this is that a 3 day, one week, even 2 week 'mini-mini camp' is not going to do any good if these guys simply go their separate ways after its over. No coach either, so who is callilng the shots? Is McNabb taking the first team reps (haha)? Doubtful. But who make the call on these things? Perhaps they should make a call to grandpa Gibbs.

The last time this happened, Joey T. organized it.

I don't see an offensive leader on the team right now.

:helmet: The Rook

I heard that Albert Haynesworth was organizing the workouts. He was disappointed with the team's regimine the last two years and wants them to come to Arizona and work out with him and demonstrate his unparalleled degree of discipline and work ethic.

Archived