Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Bucky Brooks' Mock Draft: Cam Number 1, Skins take Julio Jones

Hitman21ST

It wouldn't be surprising to see JJ be a huge WR in the NFL or be a monumental bust. Questionable hands are not a good trait for a WR. If you've ever actually seen him play football, he doesn't play like a sub 4.4 guy.

If we were looking for a guy that looks amazing in tights on a rubber track, JJ would definitely be the pick. The good news is that #10 is a great spot... any of those players listed in the top 10 are worth a selection at 10.

I still think we trade down to secure some more picks and make a play for an edge rusher, NT, or Locker. Not a Locker fan though.

Terrell Owens had questionable hands, and he was one of the best receivers of his time and is one of the best statistical of all time.

Just about every Mock i read has us taking JJ which i would be more than happy with. But im sure Shanny will throw a curveball at us. But being able to get Jones in the 1st and Locker in the 2nd would be too good to be true if u ask me.

I was on NFL.com earlier this week and all three Top 10 mocks listed had us taking Aldon Smith, 3-4 LB. I was a little surprised because before then the earliest I had seen him going was in the 12-15 range. But a pass rushing, good fit for the 3-4 in Smith opposite Orakpo makes a lot of sense.

I am thinking the pick will either be Smith, Quinn if he is available, or Julio Jones.

Locker is not dropping into the second round. I wouldnt be surprised if he's the first QB off the board.

While I want all offensive line after a trade down in the first If we could walk away with Jones and Locker that would be insane which is why it would never happen. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if we take locker at 10. I wouldn't agree with it because of other players on the board but Shanahan may not want to risk waiting.

Locker is actually pretty damn fast, has moves in the open field, juke/spin and will run through people. He has a very quick release, big arm, extremely accurate on the run, and im not talking about jogging he can be burning around a corner and still throw a strike down field. He is a dream QB for Shanahan and faster most front 7 players in the league.

---------- Post added March-16th-2011 at 01:49 PM ----------

Same here, he could be one of the greats if he pans out like he should. Also your dead on his attitude is way better than Owens is

Owens is a fantastic route runner.. but for a big guy kinda of a baby, his size and build doesnt translate to strength

The only thing similar to owens are hands. Their hands are similar, Julio isnt much of a route runner but extremely physical, hes much more of a Brandon Marshall

I just dont see us being able to do enough in this draft offensively to be head and shoulders better than last year. I still think we need to fill our holes on defense with this draft and see what we can do with what we got on offense. Worst case scenario would be we suck again and are in position for Luck next year with a young much improved defense from this years draft, best case scenario is some of our offensive guys step up and we improve!

I just dont see us being able to do enough in this draft offensively to be head and shoulders better than last year. I still think we need to fill our holes on defense with this draft and see what we can do with what we got on offense. Worst case scenario would be we suck again and are in position for Luck next year with a young much improved defense from this years draft, best case scenario is some of our offensive guys step up and we improve!

I don't think that's the way the Redskins should be looking at this draft. They have to draft for the long haul and not just what will make the team better next season. To me, that means taking the best players available (whether they be on offense or defense).

Terrell Owens had questionable hands, and he was one of the best receivers of his time and is one of the best statistical of all time.

Just because TO had questionable hands it's a good trait for a WR? I'll go out on a limb and commit to my statement that having questionable hands is, in fact, a bad trait for a WR. It can derail any WRs career.

We had a physically dominating WR who had questionable hands. Great blocker. 3/4 of a inch shorter than Jones. Same weight. Ran the 40 in the 4.4s.

RGardner-2001-rgvt-150.gif

If one can make a positive comparison to a certain Hall of Famer, certainly a comparison to a certain not Hall of Famer can apply as well.

Come on man dont do that to us! lol

Ice cold, I know, haha.

I'll be happy with whoever we get and hope for the best. But the draft is a crap shoot. The hype can raise the expectations for a player (esp a WR who traditionally take longer to adjust to the pro game) and then when they fail to meet expectations the fans and media get on the player. Then the player can get on themselves...etc.

Between Desmond Howard, Taylor Jacobs, Michael Westbrook, Devin Thomas, Rod Gardner... I've seen too many WRs fail in Washington to get my hopes up. I'm not saying to not draft Jones... I'm just not ready to compare him to guys that will be wearing a gold blazer in a few years.

the dude didnt play a full season in college.... what makes people think he will play a full season in the harder hitting NFL? Dont get me wrong, I think he is the perfect size and has the talent there for sure and Ill trust Shannys judgement but I think only if we trade back and pick him up. Top 10 should be one of DE's or OLB's that are so highly praised and sure to start.. Cam Jordan, Watt, Quinn, A. Smith

the dude didnt play a full season in college.... what makes people think he will play a full season in the harder hitting NFL? Dont get me wrong, I think he is the perfect size and has the talent there for sure and Ill trust Shannys judgement but I think only if we trade back and pick him up. Top 10 should be one of DE's or OLB's that are so highly praised and sure to start.. Cam Jordan, Watt, Quinn, A. Smith

That's because he doesn't go down after contact on his own, he will keep moving until he is literally pulled down. It causes him to get nicked up but it also caused alot of touchdowns that would have been just solid gains. All of our receivers go down at contact, we have had so many catches that if they would break one tackle it would be a touchdown over the years that ended up with us kicking a fieldgoal or punting.

Whoever the coaches love they should get. I hope this team isn't so delusional to think that picking based on need will make the difference this year. BPA or trade down.

Yes, yes, yes, and by the way, yes.

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 10:09 AM ----------

I was on NFL.com earlier this week and all three Top 10 mocks listed had us taking Aldon Smith, 3-4 LB. I was a little surprised because before then the earliest I had seen him going was in the 12-15 range. But a pass rushing, good fit for the 3-4 in Smith opposite Orakpo makes a lot of sense.

I am thinking the pick will either be Smith, Quinn if he is available, or Julio Jones.

I don't like the idea of taking a non-elite 3-4 LB, RB or WR this high up in the draft. Good teams can find value at those positions later in the draft, IMO.

A stout 3-4 DE or NT, the right QB or Amakumara if he somehow falls to us is the direction I think we should go.

Lombardi picked us to draft Aldon Smith.. Then comes back and says he thinks our #10 pick is up for sale even before the draft. If we trade back I hope we get Phil Taylor Rodney Hudson and Justin Houston. If not Julio Jones is the only way to go!

I'm still surprised that some analysts don't have us addressing the RT position. I realize Tackles are deep in this draft, but I think Constanzo would be a great fit at RT.

I also, don't see JJ Watt or Cameron Jordan slipping this far on draft day

I'm still surprised that some analysts don't have us addressing the RT position. I realize Tackles are deep in this draft, but I think Constanzo would be a great fit at RT.

I also, don't see JJ Watt or Cameron Jordan slipping this far on draft day

He probably will, but he's not worth the tenth pick. Also, I think they're assuming we'll resign Jammal Brown

Just because TO had questionable hands it's a good trait for a WR? I'll go out on a limb and commit to my statement that having questionable hands is, in fact, a bad trait for a WR. It can derail any WRs career.

We had a physically dominating WR who had questionable hands. Great blocker. 3/4 of a inch shorter than Jones. Same weight. Ran the 40 in the 4.4s.

RGardner-2001-rgvt-150.gif

If one can make a positive comparison to a certain Hall of Famer, certainly a comparison to a certain not Hall of Famer can apply as well.

If Julio Jones is like Rod Gardner then sign me up. Who doesn't want a first round bust with one 1,000 yard season ever.

I kid, but Jones is a much better prospect than Gardner. The guy can disappear at times and does drop some passes, but the athleticism he possesses at his size is just incredible. Receiver doesn't seem like a top need to me, but if Shanny is interested in WRs, then Jones would be my top choice even over AJ Green.

Beginning to believe that if Locker is there when the Skins pick he's going to be the guy. Shanahan is smart and knows full well that this team is going nowhere without the right guy under center. If Locker is gone then Shanny has got to do something to improve the Redskins 31st ranked defense. No way Shanny blows the tenth overall pick of the draft on a WR.

I hate to harp on this but the "experts" and mediots that have us taking a WR in the first round are borderline incompetent.

In the 15 drafts that he has been a part of, Shanahan has taken a WR TWICE in the 1st round.

Compared to 5 times that he has taken either a LB or a D-lineman.

1st round

1995 none

1996 OLB

1997 DT

1998 WR 30th selection

1999 MLB

2000 CB

2001 CB

2002 WR (19th)

2003 T

2004 OLB

2005 none

2006 QB

2007 DE

2008 T

2010 T

Again if anyone really wants to have an understanding of what this draft will bring, I suggest that you read this: http://bgobsession.com/blog.php?b=99

It clearly shows that over the years Shanny drafts ALLOT of WR's. However, he doesn't draft them, on average, until the 4th round.

I can't believe how many people want us to draft two skill position players with our first two picks.

Short term memories or what? Both of our lines have been AWFUL for the last 3+ years. Seems everyone is content with drafting a LT last year and now thinks we're ready to draft a WR. I've even heard people calling for a RB at #10.

Give me DE/OLB at #10 then NT/G/C/OLB with our second rounder. It won't be glitzy, but we desperately need to address the lines once again this year.

Locker is not dropping into the second round. I wouldnt be surprised if he's the first QB off the board.

While I want all offensive line after a trade down in the first If we could walk away with Jones and Locker that would be insane which is why it would never happen. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if we take locker at 10. I wouldn't agree with it because of other players on the board but Shanahan may not want to risk waiting.

Locker is actually pretty damn fast, has moves in the open field, juke/spin and will run through people. He has a very quick release, big arm, extremely accurate on the run, and im not talking about jogging he can be burning around a corner and still throw a strike down field. He is a dream QB for Shanahan and faster most front 7 players in the league.

First QB off the board? Are you serious? What makes you think he would be a better prospect than Gabbert? He cant throw out of the pocket acurately and has happy feet. Sure he would fit the Shannahan system when his flaws are corrected but he is a project QB who has major flaws as it relates to the NFL game. 80% of shannys passing plays still come from with in the pocket so Locker will need to fix his game before he is deemed a system fit. Second round makes sense. First round is retarded mistake and I 100% know that we will not take locker with the first(#10) pick and he definately WONT be the first QB taken.

Archived