Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Bucky Brooks' Mock Draft: Cam Number 1, Skins take Julio Jones

Hitman21ST

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81ec2919/article/first-look-has-bills-looking-to-miller-for-instant-impact?module=HP_cp2

1. Cam Newton

2. Marcell Dareus

3. Von Miller

4. Nick Fairley

5. Blaine Gabbert

6. AJ Green

7. Patrick Peterson

8. Robert Quinn

9. Prince Amukamara

10. Julio Jones

Nothing real new or groundbreaking, but I'm really warming to Julio Jones. Not that I wasn't before, but seeing Gabbert go early, I wouldn't mind JJ on our team at all.

EDIT: Just finished reading it, he doesn't have any QBs taken after Gabbert in Round 1...so in his mind we could still get Locker or Mallet...

Don't think that Skins will go Offense with 2 top picks.

Neither can i even though we really need it. Just about every Mock i read has us taking JJ which i would be more than happy with. But im sure Shanny will throw a curveball at us. But being able to get Jones in the 1st and Locker in the 2nd would be too good to be true if u ask me.

Neither can i even though we really need it. Just about every Mock i read has us taking JJ which i would be more than happy with. But im sure Shanny will throw a curveball at us. But being able to get Jones in the 1st and Locker in the 2nd would be too good to be true if u ask me.

It is too good to be true and knowing us, it won't happen. Also, we're not going to draft JJ. Shanny will surprise us all I think.

A kind of cool sub-plot to this draft scenario would be Prince Amukamara going to Dallas, competing against Julio Jones of the Redskins twice a year for the foreseeable future. :)

I noticed that in another mock draft and agree. Assuming they both go on to meet or exceed expectations and stick with their original clubs(obviously HUGE assumptions) it would be a cool footnote in history that they were picked one after the other in the same draft and then competed 20+ times in their careers.

I noticed that in another mock draft and agree. Assuming they both go on to meet or exceed expectations and stick with their original clubs(obviously HUGE assumptions) it would be a cool footnote in history that they were picked one after the other in the same draft and then competed 20+ times in their careers.

A nice subplot.

He's definitely one of the best prospects in this draft no doubt. MK could be a very good player but he's never healthy

And because of those health concerns, he couldn't even crack the first round in his own draft, never mind the fact that multiple receivers were drafted ahead of him.

Jones, on the other hand, is being argued by some as a player who could have a better career than AJ Green, who is widely considered the best WR prospect in quite awhile. That's a bold position, but it just goes to show how much more highly regarded Jones is than MK.

I still wish MK had just gone on the PUP list rather than forcing himself to practice that first day of camp...:doh:

And because of those health concerns, he couldn't even crack the first round in his own draft, never mind the fact that multiple receivers were drafted ahead of him.

Jones, on the other hand, is being argued by some as a player who could have a better career than AJ Green, who is widely considered the best WR prospect in quite awhile. That's a bold position, but it just goes to show how much more highly regarded Jones is than MK.

I still wish MK had just gone on the PUP list rather than forcing himself to practice that first day of camp...:doh:

I see what you're saying... Id just rather wait for Justin Blackmon... I wanted him above JJ in this years draft before he dropped out... This should be a defensive year for us and build up that 3-4. Our offense can pick up the pieces

It wouldn't be surprising to see JJ be a huge WR in the NFL or be a monumental bust. Questionable hands are not a good trait for a WR. If you've ever actually seen him play football, he doesn't play like a sub 4.4 guy.

If we were looking for a guy that looks amazing in tights on a rubber track, JJ would definitely be the pick. The good news is that #10 is a great spot... any of those players listed in the top 10 are worth a selection at 10.

I still think we trade down to secure some more picks and make a play for an edge rusher, NT, or Locker. Not a Locker fan though.

Archived