Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports :Adrian Peterson : NFL is like "Modern day slavery"

Goingforburgundy

BOOOOOO!!!!!!! :ols:

In all seriousness, even if he does think that, you don't say it in public. I heard Lavar saying the same thing on the radio today too. All I can do was laugh and turn the station......

Dummies :doh:

Seriously? There are already thousands of slaves in this country right now and not one of them plays in the NFL or millions of dollars.

Unions equaling slavery is like saying boats equal sleeping bag.

Going back and reading AP's full statement it appears that his statement was taken out of context
It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money … the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey — without us, there's no football.' There are so many different perspectives from different players, and obviously we're not all on the same page — I don't know. I don't really see this going to where we'll be without football for a long time; there's too much money lost for the owners. Eventually, I feel that we'll get something done.
AP shows even more ignorance in the full quote! Without players there is indeed still football. Want proof? 1987, NFLPA goes on strike. NFL Owners hire replacement players and shockingly there was football that season.

Additionally, the owners will not miss the money nearly as much as the players will. 85% of the players will be broke in 5 years anyway. 0% of the owners will be broke in 5 years. The same union that went on strike in 1982 and 1987, and decertified in 1993 to sue under anti-trust laws to gain free agency, is now complaining about being locked out? Turnabout is fair play.

To copy my post from the LaVar thread.

I don't think the slaves lived quite as well as these NFL players do. To make any kind of comparison, is a total insult to all those people who actually were slaves, and those that fought the civil rights movement.

I don't know of any NFL players that have been raped, whipped, and tortured, on top of hard labor being enforced on them from sun up to sundown. The last I heard, being an NFL player was voluntary. If some of them feel they are "slaves" maybe they would be better off finding another career.

To copy my post from the LaVar thread.

I don't think the slaves lived quite as well as these NFL players do. To make any kind of comparison, is a total insult to all those people who actually were slaves, and those that fought the civil rights movement.

I don't know of any NFL players that have been raped, whipped, and tortured, on top of hard labor being enforced on them from sun up to sundown. The last I heard, being an NFL player was voluntary. If some of them feel they are "slaves" maybe they would be better off finding another career.

So true. Not to mention slaves could, at the will of the master, be taken away from their families and children, and sold off whenever the master pleased. The comparison is just plain insulting to those who actually were slaves.

So true. Not to mention slaves could, at the will of the master, be taken away from their families and children, and sold off whenever the master pleased. The comparison is just plain insulting to those who actually were slaves.

Yeah, I don't think the owner of the Vikings has sold any of Peterson's kids (if he has any) to another NFL owner. (See how absurd that sounds)

Hahaha, didn't know slaves got 7 million a year and could quit whenever they felt like too

and yet they still get to over eat, half-ass it on the field, roll around like a beached whale while the play is still going, publicly condemn their coaches, and take bathroom breaks whenever they want.

sign me up!

1. Millions Of Dollars Per Year

2. Pension

3. Health Insurance

4. Mansions

5. Fancy Cars

6. Nice Hotels

7. Luxury Accommodations

8. The Ability To Negotiate For More Money

9. Bonuses

10. The Ability To Come And Go As You Please

Slavery? :slap:

If this is what slavery is...where the hell do I sign up? Somebody please enslave me!

Archived