Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Youth Sports Thread: AKA the proud parent thread. (For everyone to show their proud moments)

AsburySkinsFan

I haven't seen a thread like this yet and always wondered why. So here goes. This thread is for posting our children's sporting accomplishments, it can also be used if you coach youth sports and want to post some praise worthy team accomplishments.

To start off, my son and his 3rd grade basketball team just wrapped up their 2nd consecutive championship. Last year they went undefeated and this year they only lost two games, and then had to face the two teams that beat them in the play-offs and the hardest team for the championship itself. Way to go Wildcats!!!! We raise 'em right in the Bluegrass!!:point2sky

W2c_8ASPDYA

• 3 months later...

Well my son's senior pitching machine baseball team just finished a triple header tournament. They started this morning at 10 am and won 13-6 at the bottom of the 5th (6 inning games, mercy rule). Then they had their second game at noon and won it 15-9 at the bottom of the 5th (mercy ruled again). Then they played the undefeated Mets for the championship game at 1pm........and won 15-8 at the bottom of the 5th AGAIN!!!

15 innings of baseball for 8-9-10 year olds and winning their championship!! I couldn't be more proud of these kids, they played so hard and so well all day and they earned their reward!!

My son is in the 2nd row, 3rd Pirate from the left (between the two girls)

Pirates2011Champs.jpg

• 8 months later...

I had this in the running thread, but I'll chuck it in here too.

My daughter had her first high school track meet the other day. There were about a dozen prep schools at the meet. It was raining and yucky and windy. In fact, it was so nasty that they cancelled all of the hurdling events. Since the hurdles are early events, this meant that all later events were moved up in time.

Why does this matter? Because wifey and I both snuck out of work to see her run, only to arrive at the meet 5 minutes AFTER her run was finished. Worst parents ever.

So we sit down under the tarp and start talking to people, blissfully unaware that we missed her race. Because my daughter is a freshman and we are new to the school, we don't know too many parents, and the ones we are sitting with don't really know us. We are just chatting, and it is a couple of minutes before one of the other girls on the team walks by, recognizes us from cross country, and says: "Hey, your kid was awesome!" Turns out she won the 400 meter outright. 62 point something seconds running into a rainy headwind. In her first-ever meet at any level. And we missed it.

And now, of course, track meets being what they are, we have to wait about 2 hours in the rain to see her next event, the 800 meters. She ran really well again, and came in 4th overall.

The final event of the meet is the 4X400 meter relay. She ran the third leg of the race. When she got the baton, her team was in second place. When she handed it off, her team was in first place by about 25 yards, and won easily. Seriously, the way she pulled away she looked like Secretariat out there.

/braggin'

Teaching the kid to skateboard

The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me. Hope the kid was OK.

I lol'd.

Congrats, man. I'm glad those mommy genes are dominant. ;)

:doh: Dad just cost his kid 250 points on the SAT. His head hit hard.

Holy crap! As a dad that turned my stomach just watching, and the nitwit "did you get that on video?" Come on man that kid could easily have a concussion or worse!

---------- Post added March-20th-2012 at 12:52 PM ----------

My daughter had her first high school track meet the other day. There were about a dozen prep schools at the meet. It was raining and yucky and windy. In fact, it was so nasty that they cancelled all of the hurdling events. Since the hurdles are early events, this meant that all later events were moved up in time.

Why does this matter? Because wifey and I both snuck out of work to see her run, only to arrive at the meet 5 minutes AFTER her run was finished. Worst parents ever.

So we sit down under the tarp and start talking to people, blissfully unaware that we missed her race. Because my daughter is a freshman and we are new to the school, we don't know too many parents, and the ones we are sitting with don't really know us. We are just chatting, and it is a couple of minutes before one of the other girls on the team walks by, recognizes us from cross country, and says: "Hey, your kid was awesome!" Turns out she won the 400 meter outright. 62 point something seconds running into a rainy headwind. In her first-ever meet at any level. And we missed it.

And now, of course, track meets being what they are, we have to wait about 2 hours in the rain to see her next event, the 800 meters. She ran really well again, and came in 4th overall.

The final event of the meet is the 4X400 meter relay. She ran the third leg of the race. When she got the baton, her team was in second place. When she handed it off, her team was in first place by about 25 yards, and won easily. Seriously, the way she pulled away she looked like Secretariat out there.

/braggin'

Grats!! I love stories like this, good stuffs.

• 7 months later...

Well, I had a proud pappa moment this last weekend

My son has been playing as keeper on his soccer team all Fall and Saturday at the end of the 2nd of a double header had to face his first tie-breaker through penalty kicks. I was nervous, especially after the first shot slipped right through his hands, 2nd was kicked right to him and stopped bringing both keepers even at 1-1. 3rd was kicked to his right and it just missed his fingers as he was in full extension in th air, but the other keeper let his go by too, 2-2. 4th shot hit his hands and dropped between his legs, he fell on it and it rolled toward the line from his belly he reached over and pulled the ball to his hip saving it inches from the goal, the other keeper let stopped his as well. 5th shot got by the other keeper 2-3 with one shot on Ethan to go. Ball hits his hands and he drops on it landing on the ball just below the waist OOF, but he traps it and saves the goal winning the game!!

His team was happy.

8110896930_7088f35039.jpg

8110896868_fa64325f52.jpg

Well, I had a proud pappa moment this last weekend

My son has been playing as keeper on his soccer team all Fall and Saturday at the end of the 2nd of a double header had to face his first tie-breaker through penalty kicks. I was nervous, especially after the first shot slipped right through his hands, 2nd was kicked right to him and stopped bringing both keepers even at 1-1. 3rd was kicked to his right and it just missed his fingers as he was in full extension in th air, but the other keeper let his go by too, 2-2. 4th shot hit his hands and dropped between his legs, he fell on it and it rolled toward the line from his belly he reached over and pulled the ball to his hip saving it inches from the goal, the other keeper let stopped his as well. 5th shot got by the other keeper 2-3 with one shot on Ethan to go. Ball hits his hands and he drops on it landing on the ball just below the waist OOF, but he traps it and saves the goal winning the game!!

His team was happy.

Great story. Takes a special kid that likes to play GK, and especially one that likes to face PK shootout, as it's a lot of pressure on them. Congrats!

Archived