Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you expect the Redskins rushing attack to look like in 2011?

s0crates

I know we don't have the draft picks to get this guy, but DeMarco Murray would be a sick addition in the backfield. He ran a lightening 4.34 and has some nifty moves once he gets into open space. This guy isn't a bruiser, but he has home-run speed/agility. And btw, Murray tied Adrian Peterson's freshman touchdown record in 2007 with 15 at Oklahoma. Watch this... his speed is RIDICULOUS. He is like a beefed up Banks lol...

I know we don't have the draft picks to get this guy, but DeMarco Murray would be a sick addition in the backfield. He ran a lightening 4.34 and has some nifty moves once he gets into open space. This guy isn't a bruiser, but he has home-run speed/agility. And btw, Murray tied Adrian Peterson's freshman touchdown record in 2007 with 15 at Oklahoma. Watch this... his speed is RIDICULOUS. He is like a beefed up Banks lol...

Damn son, that kid is nasty. Shanny already said that he doesn't have Torain penciled in as a starter and that he wants competition at the position. We have a few guys who may be capable, but I fully expect us to make a move in the draft, or with UDFA's to find a talented RB for the team. We desperately need a bit more speed at the position, for as well as Torain played there were so many runs where if he had just a little more speed he would have broken some big runs for scores last season.

Well Murray was looking at being a 3rd rounder so we don't have the picks to get him. Plus I think he is, hands down, the fastest RB in the draft and he proved that with his 40 time. That means his draft stock may have pushed him into the 2nd round. If we somehow pull a miracle and get another 2nd round pick, I would love to get this guy. Torrain the bruiser and Murray the homerun hitter.

I would not cross CP off the roster so quickly. He could come back at a lower salary. He was cut because he is not worth the salary he would earn this coming year. But I could see him being signed by the Redskins as a free agent depending on whether a running back is drafted or a quality vet is available during free agency. CP could end up sharing duties with Torrain or become a third down back. I'm not a Williams fan and Davis still has not proved himself.

Roy Helu or Ryan Williams would be a great complement to Torain.

---------- Post added March-5th-2011 at 12:49 PM ----------

I would not cross CP off the roster so quickly. He could come back at a lower salary. He was cut because he is not worth the salary he would earn this coming year. But I could see him being signed by the Redskins as a free agent depending on whether a running back is drafted or a quality vet is available during free agency. CP could end up sharing duties with Torrain or become a third down back. I'm not a Williams fan and Davis still has not proved himself.

Sorry, he's gone. Shanny doesn't want him here.

Roy Helu or Ryan Williams would be a great complement to Torain.

Ryan Williams would be a good addition, but he is projected to be a 2nd rounder. I'm not sure we can afford to draft a RB that early right now with all of the holes we have to fill.

My philosophy is build a great o-line and your RB will look good. Not to mention the QB will too.

We have Torain, but you need 2 backs to have anywhere from an average to elite NFL rushing attack, I'm convinced of that now more than ever. Hopefully Shanahan can work some late round draft magic there.

Torain could be downright lethal if we had another back that was more cut and slash to his bruising gut and edge running to keep defenses honest and spell Torain but still keep the chains moving.

Pick up Kevin Smith who wasnt tendered an offer by Lions. Ran w/ a ZBS in college, great receiver outa the backfield. Had an ACL 2 years ago and a torn thumb ligament (no biggy) last year. STILL YOUNG and is a better option then K.Williams or Davis

Ryan Williams would be a good addition, but he is projected to be a 2nd rounder. I'm not sure we can afford to draft a RB that early right now with all of the holes we have to fill.

My philosophy is build a great o-line and your RB will look good. Not to mention the QB will too.

Yeah, I think he would only be an option if we managed to trade down.

Has anyone heard anything about Steve Slaton? It's pretty obvious Foster is going to be the main guy in Houston for a long time and over the last 2 years Slaton has apparently fallen out of favor with the coaching staff there. I mean last year Derrick Ward was getting more touches as Foster's back up than Slaton. Not only that but Ben Tate is going to be coming back for them this season after his injury last year. I'm wondering if Houston might think about dumping Slaton at some point. If that were to happen, he might be a nice option to add to our backfield. He had a great rookie season, putting up numbers that rivaled Chris Johnson and Forte's rookie seasons. Plus he's familiar with Kyle's offense. I'd certainly give him a look if he were to become available.

Highlights against cream puffs mostly.....that being said we dont have a high enough draft pick AND he has to be the RB that runsstraight up, he will get hurt often at this level if he dont learn to lower and run behind his pads. I wouldnt object if we got him either though as Im not too confident in Williams/Davis

I agree w/ you on Williams/Davis but C'MON get over CP, even at a discounted price, you can get a healthy young kid for cheaper late or undrafted

I think Da'Rel Scott would be fantastic running back to draft for Shanahan's system. He didn't produce last year at Maryland so much because he saw the ball less, but the guy is an explosive runner who will perform great in a cutback scheme. He's the same height and weight Portis was coming out of Miami and had the fastest 40 time too.

First thing would be to have a consistent backside threat even in the short game so we don't let opposing defenses overload the gaps. Second, the blockers need to execute their assignment and now that we are in the second year, this WILL improve as long as no huge o-line changes are made.

(D.Scott) wonder what his 40 time is, doesnt look all that fast and again highlights against creampuffs. I do like his receiving skills though

He's one of the fastest running backs in the draft and ran a 4.34 at the Combine, but has been timed at 4.29. Yeah he didn't run against the best teams this past year but the guy made a big difference for Maryland when he was healthy on the field.

I agree w/ you on Williams/Davis but C'MON get over CP, even at a discounted price, you can get a healthy young kid for cheaper late or undrafted

A healthy CP is still better than anything currently on our roster. HINT...he was the starter when healthy. Torrain is about as injury prone as CP has become. I'm not enamored with CP. He is not what he used to be. But we have a lot of holes to fill and very few draft picks to use. CP is still the best blocking back in the league. Just sayin' you may not find anything better in the draft or in free agency.

So what if you get a "cheaper" young kid? If he can't run as well, what did you gain. A good GM and coach looks for the best value. Just sayin' that we don't have a lot on the team and I don't see us using the #1 or #2 pick on a RB. Short of a good vet being available in free agency, that does not leave much to choose from.

Shanahan even said that CP could be back.

I seem to be in the minority here but......I have NO confidence in our ability to run the ball.

It looks as if we will enter next season with pretty much the same folks we had last year; an offensive line that is not that good and RBs that at LEAST should be considered unreliable health-wise.

OL - With the exception of our LT we are talent deficient. Of course we only think the LT is solid. He had a good year last year, but it was only 1 year. The rest of the line????? SHEESH.

RB - Both RBs on the roster have confirmed that they are injury prone.

Having the same players in the same system for another year will help, but to what degree? Subject to significant personnel upgrades, I do not see how we can expect to be better next year than last.

I seem to be in the minority here but......I have NO confidence in our ability to run the ball.

It looks as if we will enter next season with pretty much the same folks we had last year; an offensive line that is not that good and RBs that at LEAST should be considered unreliable health-wise.

OL - With the exception of our LT we are talent deficient. Of course we only think the LT is solid. He had a good year last year, but it was only 1 year. The rest of the line????? SHEESH.

RB - Both RBs on the roster have confirmed that they are injury prone.

Having the same players in the same system for another year will help, but to what degree? Subject to significant personnel upgrades, I do not see how we can expect to be better next year than last.

RBs get hurt, its the most brutal position. Thats why most teams run by commitee these days. Our OL does seem to lack talent BUT it also was a new system so we should be better just for the fact they will understand it better. Hopefully we can use the same line up each week so they get to gel, that will make us better also. All these "lets groom talent" are the same fans that will throw players (Heyer, Kory) under the bus and want them replaced too soon. CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

---------- Post added March-5th-2011 at 04:02 PM ----------

A healthy CP is still better than anything currently on our roster. HINT...he was the starter when healthy. Torrain is about as injury prone as CP has become. I'm not enamored with CP. He is not what he used to be. But we have a lot of holes to fill and very few draft picks to use. CP is still the best blocking back in the league. Just sayin' you may not find anything better in the draft or in free agency.

So what if you get a "cheaper" young kid? If he can't run as well, what did you gain. A good GM and coach looks for the best value. Just sayin' that we don't have a lot on the team and I don't see us using the #1 or #2 pick on a RB. Short of a good vet being available in free agency, that does not leave much to choose from.

Shanahan even said that CP could be back.

Shanny finds RBs that can play LATE, hes proven that. Kevin Smith will be available and played in the ZBS system and is a GOOD receiver, yes hes been hurt also, BUT hes younger then CP and could be over it. Im not into overpaying him (even at vet min) to be a 3rd down blocking back. Isnt Shanny the guy who traded him to us??? He got plenty of production from the guys he replaced him with. I also think Shanny is obviously "old school" and dont like these egotistical, flakey types.

Yo, what do you all think of Noel Divine?

Devine takes care of himself by working out but his frame is too small to take a pounding. The last couple of years in college you could see that. If used sparingly he would be a dynamic player. If we drafted him late, I wouldn't be upset.

Another guy that may be more within our reach of the draft is

... Runs a 4.37 but has been clocked as low as 4.32...kinda short but beefy (230 lbs!)... that kinda weight at that high speed is just tough to take down. Projected to be 4th or 5th round.

Archived