Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN OSHIOMOGHO ATOGWE

Mark The Homer

Ross Tucker on NFL Network (Sirius radio) is saying the Skins got a steal with this signing. He completely endorsed it. This is exciting news. When Sean Taylor died I thought it would set the organization back about 10 years. Hopefully this signing helps bring out the beast in Laron Landry even more. Just imagine if Fat Albert ever decided to get in shape and play ball? What a defense it could become.

FWIW, Atogwe is younger than Taylor would be, so in a way, our secondary is in a better position, longevity-wise.

Robert Henson. STFU, please. I read your interview on Brooding Burgundy, and it rocked, and now that I'm following you on twitter, you just seem like an *******. Shut down your account.

Mr_Henson51 Robert Henson

I'm tired of everybody counting out @KMO41AMN cause of this signing ish!! I bet my boy ball out

There's a world of difference between supporting your teammate and alienating yourself from a guy who isn't even here yet. Way to make a good first impression, dumbass.

How is this alienating himself from OJ? I see this as sticking up for a teammate who had a pretty rough year last year. I don't see this as anything against OJ at all.

What would you call "this signing ish!!"?

This signing issue? I don't see anything there that is negative toward OJ.

What I'm sure is out there is that other people are saying negative things about Moore. I wouldn't be surprised if there is stuff like "He should pack his bags." I'm pretty sure he's responding to that.

Just thought id throw out this fun fact.... When Madden 2011 came out, we were supposedly in the works of signing Atogwe and he was on the roster at the beginning of the game. He instantly upgraded our defense and I think he was an 88 overall which is pretty damn high and was a ball hawk for the first couple of games that I played with him. A lot better than horton (64) and Doughty (66) at the time before they did an update and took him off of our roster. I believe he was #27 at the time as well

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 11:03 AM ----------

another FYI - even though I am extremely happy with this signing cus KMO41 couldnt tackle a fire hydrant... Seems like WalterFootball (whom I usually like) is a little disgruntled about this...

"Redskins sign FS O.J. Atogwe: 5 years, $26 million - Bad Move

I'm going to be honest. Daniel Snyder is a f***ing moron. Look, O.J. Atogwe is a really good player. But what the hell are the Redskins going to do with him? He turns 30 in June. Washington is a team in rebuilding mode. When they're finally capable of competing for a playoff spot, Atogwe will be old and ineffective.

This signing makes absolutely no sense. But then again, nothing Snyder ever does makes any sense. It's really amazing that year after year, Snyder continuously makes the mistake over and over again.

Here's a thought, Mr. Snyder: How about you build through the draft instead of overpaying for 30-year-old free agents past their prime? I know, it's a crazy concept. But maybe you should start paying attention to how franchises like the Packers, Steelers and Colts operate. Notice how they're always successful despite never signing any free agents? I guess that's just luck, right?"

another FYI - even though I am extremely happy with this signing cus KMO41 couldnt tackle a fire hydrant... Seems like WalterFootball (whom I usually like) is a little disgruntled about this...

"Redskins sign FS O.J. Atogwe: 5 years, $26 million - Bad Move

I'm going to be honest. Daniel Snyder is a f***ing moron. Look, O.J. Atogwe is a really good player. But what the @#!*% are the Redskins going to do with him? He turns 30 in June. Washington is a team in rebuilding mode. When they're finally capable of competing for a playoff spot, Atogwe will be old and ineffective.

This signing makes absolutely no sense. But then again, nothing Snyder ever does makes any sense. It's really amazing that year after year, Snyder continuously makes the mistake over and over again.

Here's a thought, Mr. Snyder: How about you build through the draft instead of overpaying for 30-year-old free agents past their prime? I know, it's a crazy concept. But maybe you should start paying attention to how franchises like the Packers, Steelers and Colts operate. Notice how they're always successful despite never signing any free agents? I guess that's just luck, right?"

Yeah, it's not like safeties can play well into their 30s...I forgot that Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are both 25. Overpaying? :wtf: Since when is 5 years 26 million overpaying?

Yeah, it's not like safeties can play well into their 30s...I forgot that Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are both 25. Overpaying? :wtf: Since when is 5 years 26 million overpaying?

I was disappointed to hear that too. Walter is usually pretty good about his summaries. I like that he said Atogwe is definitely a good player but why do we need him!?!?! Umm, cus our only other true FS KMO41 sucks ass and Anderson Russel went to IR immediately after a few plays on special teams

I was disappointed to hear that too. Walter is usually pretty good about his summaries. I like that he said Atogwe is definitely a good player but why do we need him!?!?! Umm, cus our only other true FS KMO41 sucks @#!*% and Anderson Russel went to IR immediately after a few plays on special teams

I was excited about Anderson Russell, and honestly still am. I think he can be a better backup than Moore, if he stays on the roster.

This signing issue? I don't see anything there that is negative toward OJ.

What I'm sure is out there is that other people are saying negative things about Moore. I wouldn't be surprised if there is stuff like "He should pack his bags." I'm pretty sure he's responding to that.

just an FYI, ish when used on twitter means ****...or crap since that will **** it out. not issue...

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 10:19 AM ----------

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/ish

I was excited about Anderson Russell, and honestly still am. I think he can be a better backup than Moore, if he stays on the roster.

Agreed 100% he looked like an animal when he was out there, reminded me of robert henson when he was on the field, FS style

its obvious some media outlets don't bother looking at facts and just see a few bullet points "Free Agent" "29 years Old" "Redskins" and just fill in their standard template of "Redskins overpay and overreach for overrated/past his prime player".

In reality, we got a guy at a position where good players do go into their mid 30's. We got him for a reasonable sum (Compared to say, the Giants safety signing last year). And we got a guy who isn't just a "big name" but is a fit for our defensive system (with his experience with Haslett). Not only that, we let the guy walk away, look around, and then come back to us. This was not redskins of old.

I think fans are really stupid sometimes when it comes to new starters. We should be happy to still have Kareem Moore on the team, because he's still young and would be a good backup. Just like with Fred Davis, he provides good depth and there's no reason to get rid of people just because of the new guy.

True, 5 mil avg a year is a damn good deal in my eyes. And he may be 30 soon but hey, lets think about all those TD's Reed let go in games we should have won. Ex. the poster of Andre J.going up in the final minute to grab that TD over Reeds head to put us into OT which we later lost... I think he is a damn good addition and with it locks down our safety positions. Not over paying. A little aged but I'm NOT complaining.

Mr_Henson51 Robert Henson

I'm tired of everybody counting out @KMO41AMN cause of this signing ish!! I bet my boy ball out

There's a world of difference between supporting your teammate and alienating yourself from a guy who isn't even here yet. Way to make a good first impression, dumbass.

Robert Henson? Do something dumb on twitter? He's NEVER done that before....

Ex. the poster of Andre J.going up in the final minute to grab that TD over Reeds head to put us into OT which we later lost... I think he is a damn good addition and with it locks down our safety positions. Not over paying. A little aged but I'm NOT complaining.

You couldn't possibly be talking about this could you? :doh:

l4730126.jpg439x.jpg

Can't blame Reed for that. Andre Johnson is a future HOF-er. There are maybe three or four guys in the history of the NFL that could have stopped him from making that catch, that was just a dominant playmaker making a big time play.

Love the Atogwe signing though. Our secondary looks to be solidified.

Think he will fit in well w/ our D, but we might have slightly overpaid. I am not extremely happy w/ his age, but he is an upgrade from what we had. Have no idea the wording of the contract, and what type of hit we would take if we cut him three years from now. Hopefully we pay more in the front end, and not the back end.

BTW, he is no Ed Reed, any comparisons makes you look idiotic. And we will have a decent safety tandem, but I wish people would stop saying that we have the best in the league now. Let's see how they play.

Archived