Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN OSHIOMOGHO ATOGWE

Mark The Homer

You couldn't possibly be talking about this could you? :doh:

l4730126.jpg439x.jpg

I had the unfortunate pleasure of being at that game, I was three rows up from that corner of the endzone. Literally when the ball went up and I saw it was AJ going against Reed, the group of people I was sitting with let out a collective "****" before the ball was even caught. Worst game I ever attended. :(

Buchanon blew that play, not Reed. There's no way that Doughty should have been 1 on 1 with Andre Johnson, especially on 4th and forever with the game on the line. I don't blame Doughty one bit. It was a good play made by Schaub and Johnson and either a blown assignment or terrible play call by our defense. Reed did about all he could there.

People that complain about him being 30 need to realize when he started in the league. He was a 24yo rookie. Rookies are usually 21-22 years old. So him being in his 6th year is like having a 27-28 year old essentially. Also its not like there are starting FS and SS playing over 30 that are game changers. Reed, Polamalu, Sharper etc.

Can't blame Reed for that. Andre Johnson is a future HOF-er. There are maybe three or four guys in the history of the NFL that could have stopped him from making that catch, that was just a dominant playmaker making a big time play.

Love the Atogwe signing though. Our secondary looks to be solidified.

True, but he has shown to be a liability on coverage. He's a good player and a high quality guy, but its obvious this is one of the examples why we needed an upgrade at the position.

-LL56, sorry that you were offended, but I didn't see anything attacking Reed on a personal level. I hope not anyway.

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 11:51 AM ----------

I had the unfortunate pleasure of being at that game, I was three rows up from that corner of the endzone. Literally when the ball went up and I saw it was AJ going against Reed, the group of people I was sitting with let out a collective "****" before the ball was even caught. Worst game I ever attended. :(

Glad i wasn't there. Because watching it at home, i almost vomited my cheesesteak.

Buchanon blew that play, not Reed. There's no way that Doughty should have been 1 on 1 with Andre Johnson, especially on 4th and forever with the game on the line. I don't blame Doughty one bit. It was a good play made by Schaub and Johnson and either a blown assignment or terrible play call by our defense. Reed did about all he could there.

Reed played AJ not the ball. He was in good position but he jumped with AJ not with the ball. If he would have jumped a second later he would have either picked the ball, or it would have hit him in the face. The ball was underthrown.

Knowing reed on a personal level the negative comments don't sit well with me. Reed gives it 100% everytime he's on the field and is a great person.

I like Reed a lot and his play on ST and as a backup are exactly what this team needs but he has no part as a FS. He is a tackling machine but not a centerfielder.

I like Reed a lot and his play on ST and as a backup are exactly what this team needs but he has no part as a FS. He is a tackling machine but not a centerfielder.

Well, if we had any options other than Moore at FS, Doughty wouldn't have been out there.

But, fact is Johnson probably makes that catch against most of the defenders in that league. At least Reed was in a position to make a play, and not chasing it down.

SalaryCap101 J.I. Halsell

Filed to @ESPNRadio980: Atogwe- 5yr/25.2M base value. 9M guar (6.5M 5th day of '11 league year bonus, 900k '11 salary, 1.5M inj guar in '12)

Atogwe gets no $ prior to a potential lockout. His 6.5M roster bonus would be earned after a lockout at the commencement of '11 league year.

evansilva Evan Silva

by RealRedskins

Best recent safety comparison is Antrel Rolle. Both 5-yr deals. Atogwe cost $11 million less in max value, $3 million less guaranteed.

Filed to @ESPNRadio980: Atogwe- 5yr/25.2M base value. 9M guar (6.5M 5th day of '11 league year bonus, 900k '11 salary, 1.5M inj guar in '12)

Atogwe gets no $ prior to a potential lockout. His 6.5M roster bonus would be earned after a lockout at the commencement of '11 league year.

evansilva Evan Silva

by RealRedskins

Best recent safety comparison is Antrel Rolle. Both 5-yr deals. Atogwe cost $11 million less in max value, $3 million less guaranteed.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3283/oj-atogwe

Well, if we had any options other than Moore at FS, Doughty wouldn't have been out there.

But, fact is Johnson probably makes that catch against most of the defenders in that league. At least Reed was in a position to make a play, and not chasing it down.

Not trying to be homeristic here, but the only safety I can think of that he wouldn't make that catch against would have been Sean Taylor. They were about the same size, same jumping ability, and he was one of the few that could have muscled it away from Andre. Ed Reed and Polamalu are both significantly smaller than Taylor, which is why I don't think they could have made that play.

Awesome pickup. now lets get rid of rogers and get nmadi from oakland. hopefully add shaun rogers to be the nt and line up with fat al and carriker. draft ayers and we should be set for defense.

Not going to sign Asomugha, and Shaun Rogers already signed with the Saints.

just an FYI, ish when used on twitter means ****...or crap since that will **** it out. not issue...

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 10:19 AM ----------

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/ish

Another reason to hate Twitter. Speak ****ing English.

I still stand by my comments that he was defending his teammate.

Actually "ish" has always been slang for ****, I used to say it way before Twitter. I'd even say it stems more from radio edits of rap songs where the rapper would say, "****" but the censors would distort it making it sound like "ish".

Edit: haha, I clicked the link after I posted, I see my explanation was already covered there ... sooooo never mind.

Rogers signed with New Orleans already

I think he was talking about Carlos Rogers.

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 12:17 PM ----------

Actually "ish" has always been slang for ****, I used to say it way before Twitter. I'd even say it stems more from radio edits of rap songs where the rapper would say, "****" but the censors would distort it making it sound like "ish".

Edit: haha, I clicked the link after I posted, I see my explanation was already covered there ... sooooo never mind.

First I've heard that. I guess that's what I get for being a white boy, since I don't listen to much hip-hop.

Agreed but it was just a bad judgement call by Reed. Its hard to defend AJ and its easy to sit back here and nitpick at him jumping a second later but Im just saying that he played it wrong.

I think he was talking about Carlos Rogers
Awesome pickup. now lets get rid of rogers and get nmadi from oakland. hopefully add shaun rogers to be the nt and line up with fat al and carriker. draft ayers and we should be set for defense.

Oh Reginald...

family-guy-i-disagree-1.jpg

True, but he has shown to be a liability on coverage. He's a good player and a high quality guy, but its obvious this is one of the examples why we needed an upgrade at the position.

-LL56, sorry that you were offended, but I didn't see anything attacking Reed on a personal level. I hope not anyway.

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 11:51 AM ----------

Glad i wasn't there. Because watching it at home, i almost vomited my cheesesteak.

Not you bro.. the overall comments by a lot of people on the board is what I was referring to. Reed is not a FS and everyone knows he is best suited in the box as a SS. Injuries push people into different positions to fill and try to make it work. Phillip was suppose to be on Andre but came up to defend a short out route and left Reed alone. Stuff happens though and really 95% of the safties in the league couldn't of defended that play in the same circumstance. Reed isn't as physically gifted as a lot of players but he has heart and loves being a Redskin, should be appreciated for that.

Not you bro.. the overall comments by a lot of people on the board is what I was referring to. Reed is not a FS and everyone knows he is best suited in the box as a SS. Injuries push people into different positions to fill and try to make it work. Phillip was suppose to be on Andre but came up to defend a short out route and left Reed alone. Stuff happens though and really 95% of the safties in the league couldn't of defended that play in the same circumstance. Reed isn't as physically gifted as a lot of players but he has heart and loves being a Redskin, should be appreciated for that.

Ok understood ^^, and I agree.

O.J. Atogwe's new five-year, $26 million contract with the Redskins includes roughly $12 million guaranteed.

For comparison, Antoine Bethea's four-year deal signed last June contained $18 million in the first two years. Eric Berry got $34 million guaranteed as the No. 5 overall pick last April. Brian Dawkins received $7.2 million guaranteed as a 36-year-old, Earl Thomas $12.32 million guaranteed on his rookie deal, and Antrel Rolle $15 million in 2011 free agency. We're not used to saying it, but it looks like the Skins did pretty well here.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

I for one, dont think anyone could outjump Andre the GIant on that play.

But how about a FS with enough situational awareness to not be back peddling into the endzone on the last play of the game. Where else do you think that ball was going?

Get deep into the middle of the endzone and drive. If they throw it short then at least you can make the tackle. Thats all I am saying.

Archived