Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was the compensation in return for Tryon?

cchhdd25

Just wondering what the compensation for the Tryon trade was. I've heard most likely a 7th, but considering how much playing time he got , I would think that would be moved up to a 6th or even 5th. Anyone have any insight? And when is the official draft order released?

Also of note, if a CBA is reached and McIntosh and Rogers leave and sign large contracts elsewhere, correct me if i'm wrong but the compensatory picks defer to next year correct?

With the possible trade of McNabb and Haynesworth netting late rounders, it looks like we'll be stockpiling some later round draft picks. Time for the front office to show what its really worth.

Crazy to think about it actually. Santonio Holmes went for a late 5th round pick, and if Tryon's conditional pick turned into a 5th rounder, it would equate to pretty much the same thing. I have no idea what the terms of the deal were, but I'd be surprised if it turned out to be anything more than a 6th, which gives us another Chris Horton (at best) player.

Crazy to think about it actually. Santonio Holmes went for a late 5th round pick, and if Tryon's conditional pick turned into a 5th rounder, it would equate to pretty much the same thing. I have no idea what the terms of the deal were, but I'd be surprised if it turned out to be anything more than a 6th, which gives us another Chris Horton (at best) player.

Well at best it gives you Tom Brady ......

I would be surprised if it's more than a 7th round pick though, the conditional bit was probably if he had not made the team we would have got nothing.

Tryon yields a 7th round pick, according to the link below.

We also get a 5th rounder from the Saints as part of the Jammal Brown trade (Saints get our 3rd rounder). Eagles get our 4th rounder (McNabb).

Bleacher Report:

Heading into the 2011 draft, the Redskins currently have seven picks—a first, a second, two fifths, a sixth and two sevenths. The extra fifth and seventh rounders are conditional picks resulting from the Jammal Brown and Justin Tryon (Colts) trades.

We'll package the two 5ths to trade into the 4th, in order to draft Greg McElroy. :cool:

Not enough to warrant a trade IMO. It's nice to have that extra 7th as a way to move up if need be, but it seemed to have been done in haste. I was critical of Tryon's selection in the 4th because at the time it seemed too high. In hindsight though, I grew to like Tryon and thought it was a smart pick actually. Tyron's got some wheels on him and you don't give up that kind of speed easily. I think we should have kept Tryon.

Not enough to warrant a trade IMO. It's nice to have that extra 7th as a way to move up if need be, but it seemed to have been done in haste. I was critical of Tryon's selection in the 4th because at the time it seemed too high. In hindsight though, I grew to like Tryon and thought it was a smart pick actually. Tyron's got some wheels on him and you don't give up that kind of speed easily. I think we should have kept Tryon.

but with Hall, Rogers, and Buchanan, where would he start? We already have a fast guy who is so-so....Westbrook. Barnes is proving to be worthy he even did fairly well at safety last year. and Blades isnt half bad either. Those last two arent great, but neither is Tryon in my opinion. We need to change the way we think and let go of so-so players for picks for fresh meat. I think the Redskins biggest problem is our fan base can be a bit too loyal at times. We cant let people go. If they arent elite, or starter quality, and we can get a pick for them, do it!

but with Hall, Rogers, and Buchanan, where would he start? We already have a fast guy who is so-so....Westbrook. Barnes is proving to be worthy he even did fairly well at safety last year. and Blades isnt half bad either. Those last two arent great, but neither is Tryon in my opinion. We need to change the way we think and let go of so-so players for picks for fresh meat. I think the Redskins biggest problem is our fan base can be a bit too loyal at times. We cant let people go. If they arent elite, or starter quality, and we can get a pick for them, do it!

Eh, Tyron IMO is the better CB than is Westbrook. Not that Westbrook is garbage because he is not. We could have kept him if we wanted to I think. I also don't think any CB we have on the roster comes close to Justin regarding speed. It's not anything that is going to sink us obviously, but with the very strong likelihood of Rogers leaving, it would have been nice to have kept Tryon. Tyron can play and he played well for the Colts.

Eh, Tyron IMO is the better CB than is Westbrook. Not that Westbrook is garbage because he is not. We could have kept him if we wanted to I think. I also don't think any CB we have on the roster comes close to Justin regarding speed. It's not anything that is going to sink us obviously, but with the very strong likelihood of Rogers leaving, it would have been nice to have kept Tryon. Tyron can play and he played well for the Colts.

Good point, if Rogers is gone we may regret it. But lets not even think about that! lol.

Then again, maybe we could draft a another Tom Brady in the 6th round......

I think Tryon has as many interceptions in the last 2 years as Carlos Rogers. He had one last year with us, and I think another with Colts in the playoffs last month.

Carlos had two picks last year so he is at least even with Tryon over the last two years. Thats not going to get him the HOF or anything though .....

Its interesting that Rogers has never had more than 2 picks in any single season so far despite being a very goodcover guy especially against the bigger physical receivers. If he could catch worth a damn he would be a very good corner, as it is he is just solid.

Archived