Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mediamatters.org: FOX NEWS INSIDER: “Stuff Is Just Made Up”

BRAVEONAWARPATH

A recent Gallup Poll asked whether Americans would favor a bill in their State eliminating collective bargaining for State employees.

61% would oppose such a bill.

33% would support such a bill.

6% were undecided.

It's on the Gallup website, second table down:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146276/Scaling-Back-State-Programs-Least-Three-Fiscal-Evils.aspx

Surprise. Fox News flipped the numbers.

Fox and Friends showed a graphic with the numbers flipped and Brian Kilmeade repeated the falsehood.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102230009?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+(Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair)

Another unfortunate "mistake"? Maybe, but even now the "Fox News Insider" website STILL has the wrong numbers posted:

http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/02/23/collective-bargaining-favor-or-oppose/

To be fair, copying and pasting is trickier than it sounds.

For sure, just another "honest" mistake by Faux. At this point I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in Faux for doing what they do, or if I'm more disappointed in the people who think they are a credible source of accurate information. What's really sad is the fact that people are prone to believe more strongly in an original set of stated facts even when shown retractions of those facts.

NPR did a story on this effect of news retractions awhile back, but I can't find it anymore.

For sure, just another "honest" mistake by Faux. At this point I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in Faux for doing what they do, or if I'm more disappointed in the people who think they are a credible source of accurate information. What's really sad is the fact that people are prone to believe more strongly in an original set of stated facts even when shown retractions of those facts.

NPR did a story on this effect of news retractions awhile back, but I can't find it anymore.

It's easy for me,, the people who swallow this drivel are a disappointment.

There's no way anyone with half of a brain who thinks at all for themselves can stomach this junk.

If they didn't exist, Fox would stop trying to get away with this. But since their audience eats it up so thoroughly, they have absolutely no reason to change.

In propaganda, the retraction never matters, especially when your core audience is programmed to believe whatever you say regardless of what they see for themselves. Fox and Friends is such an embarrassment.. the people who watch it are people I would put on the same scale as those who read National Enquirer or nod along to the View.

Blather for idiots

Like hogs at the trough. If slop is all you eat,, mmm boy is it good!

~Bang

Another unfortunate "mistake"? Maybe, but even now the "Fox News Insider" website STILL has the wrong numbers posted:

http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/02/23/collective-bargaining-favor-or-oppose/

It's more sinister than just posting the wrong numbers. They actually have the right numbers, they just word it in a confusing way, emphasize certain words like COLLECTIVE BARGAINING, FAVOR OR OPPOSE while de-emphasizing the words that clarify the question is do you favor or oppose taking it away. (And then of course they completely misstate what the poll shows in the text).

Wow.

It's more sinister than just posting the wrong numbers. They actually have the right numbers, they just word it in a confusing way, emphasize certain words like COLLECTIVE BARGAINING, FAVOR OR OPPOSE while de-emphasizing the words that clarify the question is do you favor or oppose taking it away. (And then of course they completely misstate what the poll shows in the text).

Wow.

Oh it's just Right leaning bias, it's not a complete misrepresentation of the facts or anything serious like that.

BTW, the Faux apologists are strangely absent....hmmmmm

Archived